COC ice nova need some advice

https://pastebin.com/kWzr77QL

I don't understand what im doing wrong, everything kills me too fast.
Ive dumped so much currency into him and nothing.
i have a lacerate that i made with way less exalts and it survives everything. i just want to make one last good build before the league ends, thank you.
Last edited by LuckyAngel on Mar 21, 2021, 9:57:51 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2021, 11:54:48 AM
The CI CoC Nova build is overrated, especially after the nerfs. You will never reach a point where it feels legitimately 'tanky' because your physical damage reduction is so low.

So how does this build function? You kill things by freezing and blowing up entire screens. You beat bosses by abusing cyclone + chill, i.e. manually dodge all their attacks. If you want a build that can AFK tank enemies, this isn't it, especially not with such low investment.

You have 4.7k ES. You have no physical damage mitigation. Your physical EHP with immortal call up is 14.7k with max hit taken of 6.3k. Without it, you phys EHP is 9.8k and maximum hit taken is 4.7k. That is not good, and dying frequently should not come as a surprise.

Recover x% on block is not some kind of cheat code. It still needs to be paired with a decent life or ES pool along with other defensive layers to mitigate, or smooth out the damage you take.

Based on what I have seen so far, you don't seem to have the budget to make the CI version, and would be much better off runing the LL version. The LL version is much cheaper, has more damage and allows you to run more auras.

"
As far as I can tell from my experience I wouldnt recommend to switch for LL until week 1 with atleast 70ex Budget and week 2 for CI with atleast 150ex Budget. With lower budget you cant get good ES/dps gear, and a CoC starts to shine with investment dps and defensive wise.
You got mostly no advantage with a Low Budget LL/CI build if you still have 6k ES and no other defesive mechanics and wondering when you die.

So if you want to play the build, consider switching to LL or life-based. Other observations that are going to cause issues for you and need to be addressed if you want to play a CoC build:

1. Your hit chance with cyclone is not 100%.

To get 100% hit chance you have a few options. The simplest solution is to switch to LL and get level 21 precision, along with higher accuracy rolls on the helmet and a high accuracy roll on your gloves.

2. Your critical strike chance is not 100%.

From what I can see, you haven't done Merc or Uber Lab. Getting Unstable and Deadly Infusion will take you to 100% critical strike chance when bottled faith is up.

3. Get res capped. I don't know what I'm missing here, but even if I switch in Alira you have 36%, 75% and 68% elemental resistance.

4. You have a jewel that provides 9% mana and 13% lightning resistance. At the absolute minimum all your jewels should have ES%.

5. All your cluster jewels are bad. An 11 passive cluster is not acceptable. If you can't afford a 8 passive cluster with 3 good noteables, then buy one with 9 passives or 8 passive + 2 good noteables. Likewise, your medium cluster should be 4-5 passive, magifier + vast power is not expensive.

6. Get rid of that small cluster. Please.

7. From memory, using Enlighten (4) Support in the shield with Hatred and Discipline was better than socketing Herald of Ice or Precision there as well. In addition, a good budget helmet will use Hatred or Herald of Ice mana reservation enchant.
Last edited by BrettLee on Mar 22, 2021, 1:10:47 AM
there is so much that is wrong with this build, low es, 2 curses with having 1curse limit, flasks??? wicked ward??? and more stuff...

I have made detailed CI/Max block guide you better read it 3times. It is tankiest of all coc ice novas if built right! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3056215
my main is a coc ice nova inquisitor and hes actually super tanky -> same stuff, like ci and es on block.

what u definetly NEED is a watchers eye with es on hit while affected by discipline!

also i would remove wise oak and quartz flask and add jade and granite, with armor and evasion rating mods.

this + more es on gear (i think u dont need the 2 influenced mod on chest, get one with 650+ es) and u will be tanky af ^^

but im not a good build creator by myself i just can tell u what works pretty well with my build ;)

if u wanna take a look :)

https://pastebin.com/9qkGzst1

greetz :)
Thanks for responding guys I’ll just scarp the build. I don’t have the currency or heart to grind for more exalts.
Always wanted to make a coc but it’s a lot harder then I thought.
I actually used that guide to help me but I strayed from the path to attempt to help me not die so much.
Hopefully the information that was provided will help someone else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info