Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

GGG makes dumb, out-of-touch decision, big whoop. if you're still playing poe in 2021 you know what you signed up for.
doot
"
Xiipher wrote:
For all of you that want to see the game change for the better: Don't spend too much time crafting a good argument. There's a good chance that GGG doesn't revert these changes at all, even with the response given. What's important is that we respond correctly. No need to argue with the shills that don't understand the game anymore. When the next league comes out, don't buy any MTX or stash tabs, etc. Play the game if you really still want to, but save your $$.

I'm not a prophet so I can't say for sure whether they will correct this mistake or not. From what I've seen so far, it's likely they won't. The only language these people speak is green, so lets do our best to ensure they get the message.

I will give you my very word that they will not back down from this change no matter how hard you threaten them in anyway shape or form because all you're doing is giving tantrums because something is taken away from you when the game and people who were playing it were fine before.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 12, 2021, 7:14:05 PM
Chris,

How is this good business? You enjoy losing money? So many dead games are struggling to keep their fans alive and here you are with a successful league mechanic deciding to just trash it. Not a smart move, we the people have you at Checkmate!
"
Sw0rdSaint wrote:
Chris,

How is this good business? You enjoy losing money? So many dead games are struggling to keep their fans alive and here you are with a successful league mechanic deciding to just trash it. Not a smart move, we the people have you at Checkmate!

We? Whos we? You and reddit? Naw you don't have any leverage just empty threats.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
There's a few things that you've never told us, and perhaps never will, but are very pertinent questions GGG:

- What actually is a good item? (I'm specifically not using the term 'mirror-tier' here because I think discussions about such items are not hugely relevant to this or the next question)
- How long, on *average*, are players taking to get a good item right now?
- How long should they take?
- How many times should they fail?
- How many times on average do you think a player will *accept* failure and keep trying?
- Do you want players to make incremental improvements to their own equipment by their own means, or rely on a few players to identify/craft/provide all the good items?
- And lastly, what is an acceptable level of odds against a good outcome? if 6-links are in a bad spot because the chances of fusing are too low, are the chances of making a good weapon, casting item, or whatever better, worse or the same in your view?
"
Xiipher wrote:
For all of you that want to see the game change for the better: Don't spend too much time crafting a good argument. There's a good chance that GGG doesn't revert these changes at all, even with the response given. What's important is that we respond correctly. No need to argue with the shills that don't understand the game anymore. When the next league comes out, don't buy any MTX or stash tabs, etc. Play the game if you really still want to, but save your $$.

I'm not a prophet so I can't say for sure whether they will correct this mistake or not. From what I've seen so far, it's likely they won't. The only language these people speak is green, so lets do our best to ensure they get the message.

It's one of those things where if GGG goes back on this, it wouldn't feel like a win. It would just feel weird after all this emotion and drama over a game.

Let's just hope in future GGG takes polls or something like that when making these types of decisions to better understand how the players will react.
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 7:32:14 PM
"
"
Sw0rdSaint wrote:
Chris,

We? Whos we? You and reddit? Naw you don't have any leverage just empty threats.

On his own he may not, but for the hundreds, maybe thousands who are not satisfied with this change, well, it might impact GGG.
"
Steep_ wrote:
Bring back Eternal Orbs then :)

If you think eternal orbs are better than " remove random and Add influence" while locking a two influences rares prefixs you don't know crafting. This will still be OP AF.

Eternal orbs took on the order of 5000 exalts to make mirror tier item. I am still making at the emulator for like 100 with only crafts chris allows.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 12, 2021, 7:27:51 PM
GGG doesn't seem to be making data driven decisions, so all this talk of "oh they gonna lose some players" don't register. They see money in increasing (probably) and they don't know what's causing it, they think it is just because they're doing a great job.

The game is pretty great DESPITE some of these ridiculous design decisions that keep a lot of players from enjoying it even more. But yeah I guess Chris thinks he knows what most people want without actually asking them. I guess he thinks he's Steve Jobs or something! "Wow!" -Nobody
Tantrums and more tantrums do what you will it won't change the decision.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info