[3.24] Volatile Dead | CwC | Inquisitor | No Mana Balancing just pure CwC

Hi , this is first time passing Act VI in this game (Currently on Act VIII) and I'm really enjoying this build. Thank you.

I'm having trouble understanding some of the skill gem levels in the PoB.

Cyclone - I Couldn't see any downside to it being higher level.
Desecrate - Is it only the mana cost going up?
Volatile Dead - Why 19 not 20? (idk if Anomalous has different leveling rules)

The weapon has CWDT at level 1, which I understand helps cast level 1 WoC, so is the only downside to leveling WoC mana cost?

I'm just curious if there's something I'm not seeing / understanding. Currently mana isnt an issue for me, so I could see maybe later it would, or perhaps the PoB was just the current levels of the imported gems and not adjusted.

edit*
Also looking at the gloves, is Trigger CoW on hit a one time only enchant from the ascension? Are there better enchants or should I go in with solid gloves?
Also not sure how accuracy effects the build.

edit**
How come the aura's on the helmet are linked?
Last edited by slapshot963 on Aug 28, 2021, 3:22:36 AM
"
HighrockIII wrote:
I love this build. If i had not found it i probably would have stopped playing after they nerfed my other builds hard.

Anyway, I am frustrated by the low DPS, but love everything else about it. One question. I can never get Zealotry. I can get Clarity and Herald of Ash, but not Zealotry. I have all three on my Boots with a Level 4 Enlighted gem, but it isn't enough. I bought a helmet with "reduced mana reserve for Zealotry" but it still doesn't give me enough. What am I doing wrong? Right now I am runnng "Discipline" and "Precision" along with the other two.

I'd like to have Zealotry, as I have a Prismatic Gem with "Penetrates 9% Elemental Resistances with Zealotry", but it doesn't matter since I can't seem to run it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/mPw42Xtc

I guess you are missing either some maximum Mana or one "Reduced Reservation" Node (near Sovereignity), you can try lower level Clarity for now also.
"
slapshot963 wrote:
Hi , this is first time passing Act VI in this game (Currently on Act VIII) and I'm really enjoying this build. Thank you.

I'm having trouble understanding some of the skill gem levels in the PoB.

Cyclone - I Couldn't see any downside to it being higher level.
Desecrate - Is it only the mana cost going up?
Volatile Dead - Why 19 not 20? (idk if Anomalous has different leveling rules)

The weapon has CWDT at level 1, which I understand helps cast level 1 WoC, so is the only downside to leveling WoC mana cost?

I'm just curious if there's something I'm not seeing / understanding. Currently mana isnt an issue for me, so I could see maybe later it would, or perhaps the PoB was just the current levels of the imported gems and not adjusted.

Cyclone -> don't care I just was not sure if mana cost raises, no up nor downside imho.
Desecrate -> exactly, mana cost, we only nneed it for the corpses.
Volatile Dead -> just level to 20, PoB was a snapshot of my current state.
CWDT -> CWDT itself is lvl 1 for more often trigger, WoC does not matter much in level, penetration is the same at all levels.

"
slapshot963 wrote:

edit*
Also looking at the gloves, is Trigger CoW on hit a one time only enchant from the ascension? Are there better enchants or should I go in with solid gloves?
Also not sure how accuracy effects the build.

Don't care about glove enchant, it does not matter, also accuracy does not because spells always hit.

"
slapshot963 wrote:

edit**
How come the aura's on the helmet are linked?

just because the helmet had links, no reason.
Last edited by Mirathas on Aug 28, 2021, 4:07:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, that helped clarify allot for me. :)
I'm coming to understand that PoE is about exploring and learning yourself. However still being new it's really nice to have a reference. If you have any updates you've made since Aug 2nd, or general ideas on thing's you'd change (if cost wasn't an issue) I'd be curious to hear them. I kinda want to make a 6 link martyr but really not sure what I'd do with it.
Last edited by slapshot963 on Sep 1, 2021, 8:36:02 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3184585
"Iron Will is now a Keystone Passive on the Passive Skill Tree"

Ok ... if it is not in the completely wrong corner this sounds like a nice buff and must have.

New leagues sounds more and more promising, e.g. I am thinking about using Purity of Elemets for ailments immunity and extra resists which we can trade for Str/Int and also remove that unique ring maybe using Arctic Armour.

Also more base ES is always good.

Looking forward to the details and PoB to play around.
Last edited by Mirathas on Oct 13, 2021, 10:44:23 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Keylors wrote:
Awakened Spell Cascade

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/yw7EZL8IR
Currently just below 10EX... Most people will not be able to afford that.

i'm catching up on the guide cause i'll probably run this again in 3.16 (assuming it's playable :D)

hopefully the gem will be 3ex again, but lets remember to look for builds we can gear up in the normal amount of time we spend in a league.....if u play 2 weeks 16hrs a day 10ex comes quicker than anything, but if u only play for a week, chances are u won't fully gear the build - keep budgets in mind when choosing :))

edit - some food for thought around our 6L setup - if we are getting more than 500 strength - how come we don't use iron will?
- we could replace Conc effect with iron will
- maybe colouring might be an issue, but other than that it should be a straight out dps increase lategame - thoughts?
Last edited by hypox2 on Oct 15, 2021, 12:42:38 AM
I always choose what support gem is best from PoB, so it was never superior for me. Anyhow it is now available as a Keystone in 3.16 ... if its not too far away we will take it definitely.
I hope this build is going to be maintained into Scourage...this has become one of my favorite builds...lots of fun, and hopefully can be made better with a higher DPS and more tanky...can't wait to see what changes need to be made! :-)
Thanks so much for this guide!
This build looks to have a lot of potential in 3.16. Any news if you will update it for the new league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info