[3.??] juju's exBest CoC'k Ice Nova Build ||| CI / GB / Max Block ||| exGOD TIER BUILD...!!!

Maybe a newbie question, noticed you took up Ghost Reaver but dont have a source of leech? Maybe I missed something but had to annoint light eater so that it doesnt feel so bad.
Playing this for the first time - just hit 90 and switched to full CI. Some dumped thoughts for other newcomers:

CI seems more rippy right now (to phys damage) and have 4.7k es. Didn't die from 85-90 on about 4k life + 1.5k es. Feels scary since you don't have a get out of jail free card with life flasks.

Pandemonius is huge for damage. The recommendation is accurate!

Having 70+% chance to block both attack and spell damage with the es on block is nice!

Mana: Tried poachers mark and helped a bit with single target bossing. NEVER have mana issues in normal mapping due to mana on kill (Mind Drinker). Aura-wise, you can turn off hatred temporarily on bosses or add in clarity. Enduring mana flask helps only a bit.

Dex is a problem - you need a lot of it for cospri's!

You need LARGE (not "very large") thread of hope to get those big notables.

Generally seems like damage goes up the most with cold pen, so focus on it!

Granite flask increased my "largest phys hit I can take" by 4.5k, from 9k -> 13k. I consider this the weakness for the build so I'll be running granite for awhile to see if I still get chunked. (largest ele hit is 37k) The sustain is immense while you are attacking so this seems like the right place to focus
Last edited by vinetreed on Oct 26, 2021, 3:06:44 PM
"
vinetreed wrote:

Mana: Tried poachers mark and helped a bit with single target bossing

holy shit that helps a lot! w/o it sustaining mana on conquerors is hard af.
anyway, a7 drox is 2 tanky at the moment, need to improve dmg...

Edit

1. I find getting enough AS and Dexterity is a bit problematic (even with onslaught). Maybe a medium cluster with some AS nodes? Or just farm some currency and lvlup to get the Unnatural Instinct.
2. Sustaining Cinderswallow if pain in the ass. 'Normal' flask with onslaught seems to be a better option, but we lose the es on kill and crit/stun avoidance...
3. Is there any reason to run Hypothermia over Increased Critical Damge?
Last edited by pandanielak on Oct 26, 2021, 8:19:16 AM
Okay so i have hit somekinda mental breakdown with this build. It is so much worse than in 3.14 :( In 3.14 with same gear i were smashing all content but now it feels super bad... defence feels ankward and dps too... still no idea how to min/max mana stuff. Ghost reaver is so wierd so not sure if even want to use it... fak me

awk 7/8 feels too hard with current gear... like wtf seriously :D I did awk5 sirus with current gear... feeling a bit sad

sorry im too lazy to answer posts
"
juju666 wrote:
Okay so i have hit somekinda mental breakdown with this build. It is so much worse than in 3.14 :( In 3.14 with same gear i were smashing all content but now it feels super bad... defence feels ankward and dps too... still no idea how to min/max mana stuff. Ghost reaver is so wierd so not sure if even want to use it... fak me

awk 7/8 feels too hard with current gear... like wtf seriously :D I did awk5 sirus with current gear... feeling a bit sad

well f me :D I'm feeling the same way tbh. Mapping is 8/10 (random oneshots or stuns are killing me) but bossing... ffs, this is literally zdps ;( i'm about to kill conquerors and make it to awk7, if i had no friends in game, i would drop this build bcs i cannot kill a single 'normal' boss without losing exp (not no mention drox). atm i do maps and skip normal bosses.

I was hoping that it's normal before getting better gear since i've never played this build from scratch before and i've skipped ultimatum. Loved it in Ritual (self crafted all gear, after selling int stacker for 1.5 mirror) and Heist. Now i'm having second thoughts...

Should have started with adjusting pob to my old equipment. With a more than mirror worth items and 52cdr we get.... 3m sirus dps. What a joke
Last edited by pandanielak on Oct 26, 2021, 11:38:36 AM
"
juju666 wrote:
still no idea how to min/max mana stuff

In expedition, i used a rare amulet with "-7 mana cost to channeling" which helped a lot, gloves with hunter (?) +3-5 mana gained for each enemy hits by your attack and a militant faith with "1% reduced mana cost of skills per 10 devotion" (- 4 mana last league).

My mana cost was something like 2-3 mana i believe.
Last edited by ligong2 on Oct 26, 2021, 12:25:08 PM
"
juju666 wrote:

This was what I experienced in Expedition, and why I asked how it was going for you this league, it is super bad compared to how it used to be on bosses.

That was the whole reason I switched over to an Ice spear version of coc.

This entire new tree system is also not helping, being able to run multiple clusters while going max block, just doesn't really feel viable anymore with how many points it takes to travel around.
"
jaypeeeee wrote:
"
juju666 wrote:

This was what I experienced in Expedition, and why I asked how it was going for you this league, it is super bad compared to how it used to be on bosses.

This entire new tree system is also not helping, being able to run multiple clusters while going max block, just doesn't really feel viable anymore with how many points it takes to travel around.

And how does the Ice Spear feel? Is it that much better than ice nova? Gearing and the tree seems almost the same. But after changing gems my pob shows that i'll do less damage then im doing with ice nova atm (and that is total shit, as mentionted before, i cannot kill a normal boss on map...)
"
jaypeeeee wrote:
"
juju666 wrote:

And how does the Ice Spear feel? Is it that much better than ice nova? Gearing and the tree seems almost the same. But after changing gems my pob shows that i'll do less damage then im doing with ice nova atm (and that is total shit, as mentionted before, i cannot kill a normal boss on map...)
"
pandanielak wrote:
"
jaypeeeee wrote:
"
juju666 wrote:

I been running both COC Ice Nova and COC Ice Spear, both with mirror tier items, and what I figured out is this: Ice Spear is better for bosses, has more single target damage (~40%) and more survivability against bosses, but Ice Nova is better for mapping, delve and pretty much any content, even bosses, but compared to Ice spear single target DPS, still lacks a bit. I usually swap ice spear and greater multiple projectiles support with ice nova and frostbolt, depending what Im doing in game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info