3.13.1.d Patch Notes (restartless)

Just think I need to make another update here. After I changed the proton version to Proton 6.1 GE 2 the game runs now almost perfectly. I've played the last day completely without almost any texture glitch or performance issue. Even with very huge packs in Rituals there is no lag.

I had those EKG FPS also before, only spikes up and down. Now its a very very steady FPS, sure it goes down when there is much action on screen but there is no spikes, its a curve now.

As most users are using windows, this isn't a fix for you but I'm pretty sure its not Ryzen or OS related. I see a lot of Intel users as well with these issues in comments.

I'm using Ryzen 3900X and the game is now working as never before, and under Linux.

I can't see any of these changes impact this, but with GE 1 the game runs like garbage and with GE 2 its worting pretty pretty well:
https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases/tag/6.1-GE-2

This leads me to the conclusion that there is an issue with engine compatibility with drivers and/or vulkan layer instead of CPU compatibility.
On my PC, this patch re-introduced client crashes which occured since the beginning of Ritual league and were finally fixed with the 3.13.1b Hotfix 1 release.
The game just freezes and the client closes without any error message - sometimes this happens multiple times per map ending up with a dead character. Deleting cache files does not help. It feels really frustrating.
"
Gupe wrote:
On my PC, this patch re-introduced client crashes which occured since the beginning of Ritual league and were finally fixed with the 3.13.1b Hotfix 1 release.
The game just freezes and the client closes without any error message - sometimes this happens multiple times per map ending up with a dead character. Deleting cache files does not help. It feels really frustrating.

This also suprises me, how brutally different the game runs on different PCs or just with minor changes to the system. I had not a single crash in the entire league so far. Now playing for about 30 hours.

One time after this hotfix here I had a freeze once starting a ritual, but it didn't crashed luckily. That was with the previous Proton version. Didn't happen again after the update to GE 2.

For Windows I would sugguest checking if all is up to date, DirectX, Vulkan drivers, nvidia drivers, Windows updates. Maybe also check to install Vulkan development drivers or the latest nvidia beta drivers. I have an assumption that they rely on the latest available vulkan api what could cause the trouble.

I don't have any compareable issue with any other game. Even Cyberpunk runs like a charm and other Vulkan titles have no issues. Only PoE is a gamble after each patch. :(
Last edited by Zalkortis on Feb 19, 2021, 9:49:10 AM
In the last update made on February 16, the game started to freeze on each loading screen, I have to close and open it practically every 10 minutes, it is unplayable, and I have checked graphic updates, directx and everything is updated, until Then the game was perfect for me and now suddenly I can't play it.
"
Zalkortis wrote:
Just think I need to make another update here. After I changed the proton version to Proton 6.1 GE 2 the game runs now almost perfectly. I've played the last day completely without almost any texture glitch or performance issue. Even with very huge packs in Rituals there is no lag.

I had those EKG FPS also before, only spikes up and down. Now its a very very steady FPS, sure it goes down when there is much action on screen but there is no spikes, its a curve now.

As most users are using windows, this isn't a fix for you but I'm pretty sure its not Ryzen or OS related. I see a lot of Intel users as well with these issues in comments.

I'm using Ryzen 3900X and the game is now working as never before, and under Linux.

I can't see any of these changes impact this, but with GE 1 the game runs like garbage and with GE 2 its worting pretty pretty well:
https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases/tag/6.1-GE-2

This leads me to the conclusion that there is an issue with engine compatibility with drivers and/or vulkan layer instead of CPU compatibility.

I have just tried this... and it works perfectly. Everything what I mentioned earlier in this post is a thing of the past, nothing gets unloaded, not even the "initial" load gives lagspikes anymore.

@GGG, you should investigate here if you can find stuff out, as this is a an actual SOLUTION!

(Thanks again m8)
Last edited by lMoC on Feb 19, 2021, 9:34:46 PM
After this update, "Failed to Load Instance" errors frequently popped up now during area transfer which seriously hurts in mapping as every instance failure is equivalent to one portal gone. Loading did become faster when areas load properly now but the instance failures are too common which makes the game currently unplayable for me.
Ever since yesterday the game is unplayable for me. I thought it was my internet but after testing it on my end and trying other games online it's very clearly PoE. Constant stuttering/freezing, lag, and disconnects. I just started playing this league a few days ago after a long break so hopefully this gets fixed soon.
I have to second what many others said about the game crashing after the latest patch while working much better with the previous. What I can add that I don't think I've seen anyone mention before (could be I just overlooked it).

When the game crash without any error-message and I restart the game and re-enter the map, if the portals are left, the entire map layout is revealed.

It looks like you've been all over the map instead of the "fog" is there. Now I have no idea if that means anything in particular, but if it helps finding the annoying bugs then it would be great!

I don't use vulkan btw, because since the release the first patch with vulkan was working wonderfully just to slowly start crashing the game randomly, it could be anything from 1 map to 40 maps without any crashes before it suddenly crashed.

WHEN WILL THIS BE RELEASED FOR CONSOLE?????????
Patch is crash city again.
-Ryzen 1700X CPU
-Geforce GTX1080
-32GB G.Skill trident z Ram
-Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5 Moboard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info