[3.13] CoC Ice Nova Build | Elementalist | Ritual | Path of Exile 3.13

"
Zonahpyre wrote:
Man ive been keeping on eye on coc elementalist for awhile, but im one of those guys that just copy pasta's cause i suck at the game, this build really is so well done, and the video is just the cherry on top. CHeers wishdropper keep up the great guides man.


Thanks man. I'm glad you like it.
"
rainmeadow wrote:
"
LeChifre wrote:
I love CoC ice nova builds, I am very lazy and I didn't want to level up shadow so when I saw this build i knew I had to try it. I was able to do most of the content with it, uber elder, sirus A8, 100% t16 burials weren't a problem. I will try to kill Maven in few days. I have changed some things but tree remained the same.
I have crafted most of my gear.

I changed awak controlled destruction to awak added cold damage support, dps remained almost the same but crit chance is higher.

I have crafted nice shield with " Socketed gems have 10% reduced mana reservation" so i dropped enlighten and crafted helmet with "hatred has 15% reduced mana reservation" now I have 113 mana unreserved which is a lot.

My gear at this moment:


I have 6378 ES, 75/70 block chance.

In my opinion crusade mode "15% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike" is BIS on start on bosses like Sirus, when you can't generate power charges without mobs.

While mapping I am basically unkillable due to high ES regen on kill thanks to Cinderswallow flask

Now i have to take care of rings, hit t1 crit and t1 es on helmet, maybe think of new similar chest but with elevated mods.

If anyone have a questions how to craft body armour, helmet or boots feel free to ask questions, it's really simple to craft.

Ok so I decided to write how to craft body armour step by step.

Body armour:
1: Buy 6l 30q elder base https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/Y9Wyd0RfY
2: Alt spam until t1 crit attack mod
3. Buy any armour with explo mod(remember that explo mod must be the only influenced mod on this armour)
3.Use awakener orb, first click on armour with explo mod, then the other one with attacks crit.
4.Pray to get removable mods that you can easily remove with harvest.
5.You need 2 open prefixes with explo mod and 1 open suffix with attack crit mod.
6.Remove all prefixes mods except explo mod using harvest(for example remove life) if you got Reflects # Physical Damage to Melee Attackers or #% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage you need to use annulment orb and pray to hit this mod or use remove non-influence add influence mod via harvest, then remove if it's removable. If you remove explo mod use jagged fossils or alt spam to get explo mod with removable mods, remove all mods except explo mod and use aug attack to hit attacks have #% to critical strike
7.If you have 1 or 2 suffixes (attacks have #% to critical strike and another) just use augment critical, 100% to hit power charge on critical strike. If you have 3 suffixes you need to remove 1, if they are not removable use "reforge keeping prefixes" until you hit everything removable, then use augment attack to hit t1 attacks have #% to critical strike(100% chance to hit), if you hit t2 use remove/add attack to hit t1, then use augment critical to hit power charge on critical strike.
8.Now we need to block our suffixes.If we have 3 suffixes go to step 9. When we have 2 suffixes (attacks crit and power charge on crit) we have to craft any suffix via crafting bench.
9. At this moment we should have only 1 prefix(explo mod) if not go to step 6. Use augment defence via harvest, then use remove/add defence to hit some decent mod(t3+)
10. Craft % or flat energy shield via crafting bench


I've got a question regarding your ring setup: you're not using +1 Curse, so you only have either Frostbite or Assassin's mark up, correct? How does the game determine which one to pick?


He got an additional curse from skill tree. (Whispers of Doom)
Hello

How does this version behave if we exceed the APS max with the HH buffs?
Do the HH buffs compensate for the loss of damage due to a too high APS?
I like coc ice nova and wanted to try it as an elementalist also this league.
The target is to make 100% delirium with HH and aurabot.
I have already tried HH and abot with the enki build (arc) but clearly the result was not there. Not enough damage and insufficient mana regen with arcmage
I would like to succeed this time.

thank you
Switched my gear from my shadow. Had to change out a awakened cold damage support for a power charge support for bosses but overall feels pretty good given that we can given that we can achieve 100% hit rate so easily. Clear speed seems about the same, but feels a bit more tankier. Going to try and create some tailwind/Elusive boots to help with the clear speed
Last edited by Zonraz on Feb 23, 2021, 9:53:46 AM
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello

How does this version behave if we exceed the APS max with the HH buffs?
Do the HH buffs compensate for the loss of damage due to a too high APS?
I like coc ice nova and wanted to try it as an elementalist also this league.
The target is to make 100% delirium with HH and aurabot.
I have already tried HH and abot with the enki build (arc) but clearly the result was not there. Not enough damage and insufficient mana regen with arcmage
I would like to succeed this time.

thank you


Had a HH that I gave to a friend when i thought i was going to quit so i don't have one on this guy, but on my Assasin the damage buff is way more noticable despite the high APS. You may run into a sitauation where you out APS your regen unless your mana cost of skills for cyclone is 0, but most of the time you'll destroy everything before that happens
Ok, thanks for the response.
Suddenly I mounted one quickly last night.
The HH buff effectively compensates for the lack of APS.
Can't talk much about it because I'm only lvl92 and my low gems lvl. (Will be buying this tonight.)
However, I noticed that no bottle on the map boss I can not seem to kill them because I did more critical. (47%)
Maybe I need to change "controlled destruction" to "increased critic" in my cyclone config?
If anyone has time to spare :) and good advice.
thank you

https://pastebin.com/EKUmeVru

"
wishdropper wrote:
"
rainmeadow wrote:


I've got a question regarding your ring setup: you're not using +1 Curse, so you only have either Frostbite or Assassin's mark up, correct? How does the game determine which one to pick?


He got an additional curse from skill tree. (Whispers of Doom)


No, he doesn't - he's not specced into Whispers of Doom and he doesn't have an anoint (and no chest with +1 curse). I'm running both curses with Whispers of Doom, but he seems not to be.
Last edited by rainmeadow on Feb 24, 2021, 3:28:09 PM
"
iiDWESTii wrote:
"
LeChifre wrote:

In my opinion crusade mode "15% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike" is BIS on start on bosses like Sirus, when you can't generate power charges without mobs.


That's what so great about having Militant Faith Timeless Jewel (Inner Conviction node) + "% Chance to gain a Frenzy charge on Hit", no worries about Power Charge generation on bosses.


I may be missing it, but it appears as though OP is generating power charges on his chest piece and not frenzy charges that are converted. Picking up power charge on hit/critical from somewhere besides the chest piece would open up a lot of options, but is it possible?
militant faith timeless jevel what properties should he give on skills?
Last edited by LinkDP on Feb 26, 2021, 2:52:05 PM
For anyone wondering why I had 2 curses and no whispers of doom - after I crafted rings i didn't play POE for few days, today I hit 97 and picked whispers of doom

"
SilverTongue wrote:
"
iiDWESTii wrote:
"
LeChifre wrote:

In my opinion crusade mode "15% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike" is BIS on start on bosses like Sirus, when you can't generate power charges without mobs.


That's what so great about having Militant Faith Timeless Jewel (Inner Conviction node) + "% Chance to gain a Frenzy charge on Hit", no worries about Power Charge generation on bosses.


I may be missing it, but it appears as though OP is generating power charges on his chest piece and not frenzy charges that are converted. Picking up power charge on hit/critical from somewhere besides the chest piece would open up a lot of options, but is it possible?


I might be missing something but I don't generate frenzy charges, I could go for Blood rage and generate frenzy charges on kill and then convert it to power charges but 1. I would still have problem to generate power charges on bosses 2. At this moment i have 7.55 AS which is perfect when I have <52% cd reduction, with 1 lvl blood rage I would have 7.84 and would miss some dps
Last edited by LeChifre on Feb 26, 2021, 9:02:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info