[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
Trovarst wrote:
Hi, Thank you very much, for the guide!

I had a great time until awakening level 6. Now I am struggling a lot on single target damage. on t14 maps I cant even complete maps because I lack damage. Am i doing something wrong?

Hello. Perhaps? I won't really know if you just lay it like that. Any POB?
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Hi any tips on how to craft bow? Been Doing ok damage wise so far purely through my brother's aurabot, but i'm looking for upgrades and bow seems like the next big one to do. Here's my pob so far

https://pastebin.com/GmMamac6
I've worked around a decent upgrade for the bow (but not cold dex bow) that you can craft for probably less than 10ex, but can go way up if you're unlucky.

1. Obtain a base bow with high APS with no influence. Slots/links are not important as you only need 1 6L for this build (which should be in your body armour). The top 3 IMO are Thicket Bow, Imperial Bow & Spine Bow. Honestly they are very comparable to each other

2. Fossil craft

the bow until hitting 28++ quality

3. Essence-spam

until it hits 'Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow' (T2)
. T1 additional arrow has a weightage of 100, but T2 has 1000 which is much easier to hit and this build functions well enough without T1. Essence craft will fix-craft the T2 Added cold damage to the weapon, so you just have to worry with the additional arrow mod.

4. Depending on the outcome of step 3, they may be multiple route you need to take, but what you need to do is have 1 (or ideally 2) open prefix with no open suffix. This can be done via annulling. The only prefix left for your bow should be the essence modifier 'added cold damage'

5. Use Aisling's 'add a veiled mod to a rare item'

6. Unveil craft and hope you hit beneficial mods:
- Cold damage gained as extra chaos
- Attacks penetrate % elemental resistance
- Increased phys damage
- Flat added damage

7. Depending on step 6, you can complete your prefix with the another Aisling's mod / benchcraft.

8. If you have any remaining suffixes, you can augment craft with harvest as aug crit / aug speed. You can also use Aisling's add veiled mod again. Mods to look for:
- % chance to deal double damage
- % increased attack speed, % to quality
- % critical strike chance, % to quality
- % attack speed while a rare / unique enemy is nearby

Though you probably won't be wanting to risk the later stage with Aisling, because there's always a chance none of the mods are good.

It's not as good as a cold-dex bow, but if you could get lucky it's definitely an upgrade over high-rolled Death's Opus (can go up to 20% more DPS). You can try it out at https://www.craftofexile.com/ just to have a feel for it.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 24, 2021, 9:00:24 AM
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Trovarst wrote:
Hi, Thank you very much, for the guide!

I had a great time until awakening level 6. Now I am struggling a lot on single target damage. on t14 maps I cant even complete maps because I lack damage. Am i doing something wrong?

Hello. Perhaps? I won't really know if you just lay it like that. Any POB?

Yeah I forgot about it haha, sorry!

here is my current POB:

https://pastebin.com/KyxVz2fS
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Maldice wrote:
Hello, just wanted to thank you for this guide, really cool to follow as a beginner. Stayed strong all along and offered me a smooth progression since league beginning. Plus i'm really having fun gradually upgrading it.

Cheers !

PS : Could you explain why Cold-Blooded Killer is important ? We dont deal damage over time do we ?

No we don't, but the 2% instant life recovery on killing a chilled enemy is what we're actually looking for. It is extremely good for sustain during mapping (it's why Cinderswallow and Trickster's Patient Reaper are as good as they are).

Also tbh most people complain about levelling as a bow character, so your experience seems abit unique haha.

I see. But arent Soul Raker and Blood Drinker nodes already capping our life recovery rate ?

Idk maybe it's because i'm not playing PoE as a race but i've had fun leveling with this build.
What would be a good lootfilter for the build?
~ Greetings Quatzel ~
"
adrenalburr wrote:
Hi any tips on how to craft bow? Been Doing ok damage wise so far purely through my brother's aurabot, but i'm looking for upgrades and bow seems like the next big one to do. Here's my pob so far

Hello there, first off I'd assume you're not using Replica Hyrri's Ire because of playing with an aurabot, so mana reserveation is only used for Herald of Ice and Summon Skitterbots. So before going for your bow you should try to get the following first:

1. Non-pierce Voidfletcher
2. Curse on hit ring (Assasin's mark / Frostbite)
3. Better inc max life & crit multi jewel
4. If resistance is not an issue (aurabot), then consider upgrading straight to Mark of the Elder (need shaper's ring, Assasin's Mark ring so no Frostbite.

I've also theorycrafted on a bow upgrade few posts above, you can have a look to see if it's appropriate for you. Don't want to put in the guide yet cause it's still just a chance craft, would prefer something more solid.

"
Trovarst wrote:

Yeah I forgot about it haha, sorry!

here is my current POB:

https://pastebin.com/KyxVz2fS

Your POB states you only have a 94% hit chance, so you need to ramp that up ASAP, otherwise:

1. Curse on Hit rings
2. Non-pierce Voidfletchers
3. Life & Crit multi jewels
4. Awakened gems & quality gems
5. Increased eleemental damage with attack & flat added cold on your rare gears.
6. Except summon skitterbots, you don't really need high level on your other gems (hydrosphere, faster casting, pCoC, etc.). You can un-annoint hard knocks & unallocate Ballistic Mastery and spend them elsewhere.

"
Maldice wrote:

I see. But arent Soul Raker and Blood Drinker nodes already capping our life recovery rate ?

Idk maybe it's because i'm not playing PoE as a race but i've had fun leveling with this build.

They're different. Soul Raker & Blood Drinker provides leech, which is a gradual life increase over time, and capped by your max hp.

Cold-blooded Killer is recover on kill (instantaneous), which is similar to leech w. Vaal Pact or massive life gained on hits, but has no upper cap (you can instantly heal all your life per shattered mob packs). The good thing is it functions like Vaal pact for mapping, but you're still able to regen & leech life (no downsides).

"
Quatzel wrote:
What would be a good lootfilter for the build?

I just use Neversink's general filter, don't really think you need anything specific to play this.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 24, 2021, 9:41:23 AM
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
adrenalburr wrote:

Hello there, first off I'd assume you're not using Replica Hyrri's Ire because of playing with an aurabot, so mana reserveation is only used for Herald of Ice and Summon Skitterbots. So before going for your bow you should try to get the following first:

1. Non-pierce Voidfletcher
2. Curse on hit ring (Assasin's mark / Frostbite)
3. Better inc max life & crit multi jewel
4. If resistance is not an issue (aurabot), then consider upgrading straight to Mark of the Elder (need shaper's ring, Assasin's Mark ring so no Frostbite.

I've also theorycrafted on a bow upgrade few posts above, you can have a look to see if it's appropriate for you. Don't want to put in the guide yet cause it's still just a chance craft, would prefer something more solid.

Thanks for taking up the time for the crafting tips! Pretty helpful either way, when looking at current prices of bows with dex stacking i'm a bit overwhelmed XD

Just got an ass mark ring now, will work on improving the rest as well :)

Will say those this build is quite fun as well with my brother's aurabot, the packs are melting, Just have some weird deaths recently with ulti, i think maybe chaos snakes are one shotting me sometimes or at least stunning me enough to die.
"
mantol456 wrote:

Your POB states you only have a 94% hit chance, so you need to ramp that up ASAP, otherwise:

1. Curse on Hit rings
2. Non-pierce Voidfletchers
3. Life & Crit multi jewels
4. Awakened gems & quality gems
5. Increased eleemental damage with attack & flat added cold on your rare gears.
6. Except summon skitterbots, you don't really need high level on your other gems (hydrosphere, faster casting, pCoC, etc.). You can un-annoint hard knocks & unallocate Ballistic Mastery and spend them elsewhere.

Nice, gonna grab some currency to work on that. Thanks!
"
mantol456 wrote:
I've worked around a decent upgrade for the bow (but not cold dex bow) that you can craft for probably less than 10ex, but can go way up if you're unlucky.

1. Obtain a base bow with high APS with no influence. Slots/links are not important as you only need 1 6L for this build (which should be in your body armour). The top 3 IMO are Thicket Bow, Imperial Bow & Spine Bow. Honestly they are very comparable to each other

2. Fossil craft

the bow until hitting 28++ quality

3. Essence-spam

until it hits 'Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow' (T2)
. T1 additional arrow has a weightage of 100, but T2 has 1000 which is much easier to hit and this build functions well enough without T1. Essence craft will fix-craft the T2 Added cold damage to the weapon, so you just have to worry with the additional arrow mod.

4. Depending on the outcome of step 3, they may be multiple route you need to take, but what you need to do is have 1 (or ideally 2) open prefix with no open suffix. This can be done via annulling. The only prefix left for your bow should be the essence modifier 'added cold damage'

5. Use Aisling's 'add a veiled mod to a rare item'

6. Unveil craft and hope you hit beneficial mods:
- Cold damage gained as extra chaos
- Attacks penetrate % elemental resistance
- Increased phys damage
- Flat added damage

7. Depending on step 6, you can complete your prefix with the another Aisling's mod / benchcraft.

8. If you have any remaining suffixes, you can augment craft with harvest as aug crit / aug speed. You can also use Aisling's add veiled mod again. Mods to look for:
- % chance to deal double damage
- % increased attack speed, % to quality
- % critical strike chance, % to quality
- % attack speed while a rare / unique enemy is nearby

Though you probably won't be wanting to risk the later stage with Aisling, because there's always a chance none of the mods are good.

It's not as good as a cold-dex bow, but if you could get lucky it's definitely an upgrade over high-rolled Death's Opus (can go up to 20% more DPS). You can try it out at https://www.craftofexile.com/ just to have a feel for it.

Hey mate i don't wanna bother you, but could you update or make it more clear that the crafting guide on the starting page is actually not possible anymore.

I assumed that craft guide on the front page is considering the harvest changes because it said post nerf.
Now that i spend thousands of chaos on getting a bow that is on the verge of needing that cold augment i see that they are not possible on influenced items.
I mean no offense here i just wanted to help out my brother that is playing your build but you can safe a lot of people some trouble if you maybe write a big Outdated or something on the crafting Guide because i had a lot of people who actually play this certain build and wanted to buy the bow while i crafted it.

Despite that great guide and so far my brother is really enjoying it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info