[3.14] No BS Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky | League Starter | Good DPS & Clear

Hello again!
How did you craft your wands?
"
Vladikkk wrote:
Hello again!
How did you craft your wands?

I actually just bought the ones shown in the guide for 1Ex each. Here is a link to the trade website with the mods to look for. Play around with that a bit with those mods until you find something that works for your budget.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/XMLpazksP

Cast speed and Mana regen are pretty mandatory though so make sure you include those.

As far as better wands go it comes down to having more of those mods I bought this wand a couple hours ago for 5Ex

If you want to go even farther than that Hunter and Crusader both have some good wand mods like Unnerve on hit.
Make Strom Brand great again.
I main Hiero Storm brand this league, it is good league starter and scale really hard late/end game.

Superb mapper, tanky, superb boss killer also.
Hey, hi. :)

First of all, very nice build.
I've been playing SB Hiero this league aswell, started a few days ago.
Gotta say, with the little to no investment I have done on this build it works really well.

Although, I made the mistake of taking a bad build on another website, even tho I know that the forum is always the place to go. (Just typed 3.13 start builds on google like a lazy bastard)
So I found this other SB build, who have some differences.

I was wondering if maybe some of you could enlighten me on the different choices for this build.

This is the build I was looking at. https://pastebin.com/p4g2RvVW

I was wondering specially about the support gems, and the skilltree a bit even if it's not my main concern.

Like why is it better to not run a curse, why Chaos golem, why Void Sphere, and is Swiftbrand a good dps improvement?

Also I had a doubt about "reduced mana cost of skills", you seem to take that but he seems to avoid it for more DPS I guess. Why this difference?

Also in that build he runs almost the double on max mana, is that not a good thing?

Sorry if this feels like I want to be backseated, it is not my intent and I just wish to understand this build better.
I plan using this on the next league start.

By any chance, do you have plans on adding a leveling/gearing up section? Would be really sick to have. :)

Anyways, regardless of the answer, thanks for the build and hard work. I'll consider this build wisely and try to understand it as good as I can.

Waza
Last edited by OWazabi on Feb 21, 2021, 2:34:45 PM
"
OWazabi wrote:
Hey, hi. :)

First of all, very nice build.
I've been playing SB Hiero this league aswell, started a few days ago.
Gotta say, with the little to no investment I have done on this build it works really well.

Although, I made the mistake of taking a bad build on another website, even tho I know that the forum is always the place to go. (Just typed 3.13 start builds on google like a lazy bastard)
So I found this other SB build, who have some differences.

I was wondering if maybe some of you could enlighten me on the different choices for this build.

This is the build I was looking at. https://pastebin.com/p4g2RvVW

I was wondering specially about the support gems, and the skilltree a bit even if it's not my main concern.

Like why is it better to not run a curse, why Chaos golem, why Void Sphere, and is Swiftbrand a good dps improvement?

Also in that build he runs almost the double on max mana, is that not a good thing?

Sorry if this feels like I want to be backseated, it is not my intent and I just wish to understand this build better.
I plan using this on the next league start.

By any chance, do you have plans on adding a leveling/gearing up section? Would be really sick to have. :)

Anyways, regardless of the answer, thanks for the build and hard work. I'll consider this build wisely and try to understand it as good as I can.

Waza

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question but here goes.

The reason we use chaos golem is because it gives physical damage reduction. You can use lightning golem instead if you want to go for DPS but the damage increase is fairly small.

Swiftbrand can be a little confusing but the TL;DR of how it works is your brands deal the same total damage but they deal that damage 60% faster (For example if they did 1000 damage over 10 seconds without Swiftbrand you would have 100dps. if you added Swiftbrand to that you still deal 1000 damage but its over 4 seconds now so you have 250dps.)

We actually do use a curse in this build. We have conductivity linked to Orb of Storm (You could use wave of conviction instead though). Additionally with a level 5 awakened hextouch we can use 2 curses so I'm currently running Conductivity and a Ele weakness on hit ring.

I use void orb because I like it although you can use something else.

In regards to the build you linked that has 10K mana. Yes more mana is always good. However when you have more mana your spells cost more mana. That build gets enough mana to cast Storm Brand ONCE every 2 seconds, and that's just breaking even. that means if you take a bit hit you have to either stop casting your damage spell or sit around with 4k Life in 1 Shot range. So well yes more mana is good. you need to remember to keep your mana regen up.

I don't plan on adding an in depth leveling section sorry. if you want one Enki's Arc guide has a really good one that should be mostly relevant to this build.
Thanks a lot for your answers THE_NAT.

You understood my doubts perfectly, and answered them perfectly. Thanks a lot!

I'll def do some tweaking around them, and improve my build as I can.

Again, thanks for the good work, and keep it up, it really is an impressive build. This deserves more attention. :)

Have a great day.

Waza
Hi. A question. How about changing your Anoints from Runesmith to disciple of the slaughter. It's just that my gloves are corrupted, which gives 1 frenzy charge, so I can always support 4 firing charges, not counting bosses. And who knows, does the extra brand from Runesmith make sense or are we using it for other properties? It's just that if you look at dmg according to Pob, then with frenzy significantly more dps comes out.
/delit
"
Rifmo wrote:
Hi. A question. How about changing your Anoints from Runesmith to disciple of the slaughter. It's just that my gloves are corrupted, which gives 1 frenzy charge, so I can always support 4 firing charges, not counting bosses. And who knows, does the extra brand from Runesmith make sense or are we using it for other properties? It's just that if you look at dmg according to Pob, then with frenzy significantly more dps comes out.

Yea 'Disciple of the slaughter is good too. the downside to using it though it it won't work with our Timeless Keystone 'Inner Conviction' so we do lose a significant amount of DPS while bossing. On the flipside frenzy charges do give move speed too so that's always nice.

TL;DR
More damage + speed in clear less damage on boss not bad overall but certainly useful.
"
THE_NAT wrote:
"
Rifmo wrote:

Yea 'Disciple of the slaughter is good too. the downside to using it though it it won't work with our Timeless Keystone 'Inner Conviction' so we do lose a significant amount of DPS while bossing. On the flipside frenzy charges do give move speed too so that's always nice.

TL;DR
More damage + speed in clear less damage on boss not bad overall but certainly useful.

There is only one problem. Disciple of the slaughter doesn't work with brands((

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info