Constant disconnects....

Anybody else getting disconnected every few minutes? Only seen 2-3 other people complain about it in chat but it has been happening all day to me. Not having any other connection issues with any other game or internet service, only PoE.....is there some issues going on with the servers right now?
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Feb 2, 2015, 5:31:46 PM
Yes!
Started a couple of weeks ago (and i have been playing since closed beta)...

Doesnt seem to follow a pattern though, like you would expect to disconnect at the evening/night, when alot of people are playing, but sometimes I disconnect at 2 in the afternoon. And when it happens, I usually stop playing because even when i get to log on, I would either disconnect when loading a character or leaving town...

Also tried the other regions, doesnt seem to change anything really.

Would be great if somebody knew a solution to it, or at least whats causing the disconnects.
I'm going through the disconnect threads and saying something in each one of them because it's a pretty frustrating problem. It's completely unplayable for me in this current state.
www.twitch.tv/brutedestroyer

"when the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box."
I can say that this has been a very disruptive problem for me. Had one good day where I played a few hours, but now I can't stay on more then about 10-15 minutes. Tried changing regions and what not, but only gave me an extra 10 minutes max. Hope there is some solution to this, the game does seem interesting so I would like to progress
Hey all,

Connection issues are usually related to either anti-virus/firewall software or a troublesome ISP/routing to our servers.
In some instances it is an actual issue with our server or webhost, typically when it is, you'll see a large number of posts/threads on the forums about it.
At the moment we don't know of any major issues, so it's likely your problems are to do with one of the two causes I've mentioned already.

Oh, I almost forgot, are any of you using a wireless connection at all?
If you are: stop reading this thread and switch to a wired connection.

If you are not, you'll need to read/do the following:
Download WinMTR from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/

Preferably while you're experiencing problems in game, get the server's IP address by opening the folder you installed PoE in and the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file, usually found here, Client.txt.

The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and search for the last line containing "Connecting to instance server".

Example:
2012/03/27 10:33:25 3917590 50 [INFO Client 3768] Connecting to instance server at 127.0.0.1:12345

Instead of 127.0.0.1 it will have a different IP address.

Use the IP you find there in WinMTR in the "Host" box and click start.

Once the "Sent" column shows at least 50, click "Copy Text to clipboard", and paste the results into a reply (you can then just close WinMTR).

I would recommend reading the following posts to help you understand the results and possibly circumvent the problem.
What is Desync? (A thorough explanation)

Using a VPN to avoid connection issues
Thank you for the response Henry.

So far today (for about an hour of play) I have not had any disconnection issues. If they start back up I will definitely follow your advice using WinMTR, it was not a tool I was familiar with until you mentioned it.

I suspect there was something wrong with one of the hops down my connection to the servers, doing some line loss testing I had about 5% packet loss to random servers out to the west (I live in the US on the east coast), while I had no packet loss to any servers on the east coast. So far today it seems to have fixed itself but I'll definitely keep an eye out for the issues again and keep this thread bookmarked so I can more accurately diagnose the issue if it does happen again.
~IGN: Nagisan
Thank you Henry, I've been using wireless connection all the time. I've already lost 2 HC characters to this, one of them had 2 of my leveling uniques:

Worst way to die in HC. I can live with desync, but this?
Another quality ZAP! post.
Hello Henry_GGG,

today I got many DCs (especially in the "Docks"). Then I tried to analyze my (wired) connection with WinMTR:
"

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| lb0.cisco12.bitel.net - 0 | 60 | 60 | 15 | 157 | 1031 | 15 |
| switch0.int.bitel.net - 0 | 60 | 60 | 15 | 30 | 56 | 15 |
| bitelgw.cisco0.bicos.net - 0 | 60 | 60 | 15 | 38 | 187 | 31 |
|ae27-0.fra-006-score-1-re1.interoute.net - 0 | 60 | 60 | 31 | 42 | 77 | 46 |
| bbr01.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com - 0 | 60 | 60 | 30 | 38 | 109 | 31 |
| ae7.bbr02.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com - 0 | 60 | 60 | 30 | 34 | 78 | 31 |
| ae1.bbr01.eq01.ams02.networklayer.com - 0 | 60 | 60 | 31 | 46 | 125 | 46 |
| ae5.dar02.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 60 | 60 | 31 | 46 | 93 | 46 |
| po2.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 2 | 56 | 55 | 46 | 54 | 203 | 46 |
|37.58.67.211-static.reverse.softlayer.com - 0 | 60 | 60 | 45 | 47 | 62 | 46 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

As you see, there is nearly no loss.
So what can be the cause of the DCs?
Well honestly, for some people wireless is the only option, and it's ridiculous how this game disconnects you, it would be nice if people could choose whether they wanna get disconnected or not after ping spikes (which are in my case mostly not longer than 2-4 secs, still I get dc).
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 66 | 66 | 0 | 0 | 9 | 1 |
| 76.44.0.1 - 62 | 18 | 7 | 0 | 7 | 9 | 7 |
| No response from host - 100 | 13 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| ae-5-1.cr0.chi30.tbone.rr.com - 93 | 14 | 1 | 0 | 23 | 23 | 23 |
|173.192.25.30-static.reverse.softlayer.com - 62 | 18 | 7 | 0 | 43 | 44 | 43 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info