Echoes of the Atlas Week One Report

Hopefully you guys address the Arcane Surge bug: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3016406/page/1#p23778947
Bless you GGG
I think your responses in the FAQ are right on, the only thing this league needed was a 1/3 or 2/4 counter by the UI box and you added that yesterday. Glad to see you standing behind the bulk of your design decisions unlike Heist.

Crash to desktop every 20 minutes is annoying as hell but at least we're not losing our instances over it, hope this gets fixed asap.

"Can we get a guaranteed invite for 10-boss fights?
We're changing this so that if you haven't completed a 10-boss fight in a region yet you'll automatically get a key for that fight when you capture your 10th boss in that region.

Can we have the option to disable the effect of Atlas Passives per map?
We are discussing this as an option but don't have any updates to report yet. "

I don't understand what these people are asking for.

Are we not already guaranteed an invite for the 10 boss fight?
Why are we disabling Atlas Passives?
"
Don't show me items I can't afford to defer
The way that Ritual works is that you have a random number of monsters per Ritual per area and a randomly drawn pool of rewards with a floating Tribute rate. Because of this, in a few cases you might get a situation where the area spawned an expensive reward alongside a number of monsters that mean you can't generate enough tribute to defer that particular item. This is fortunately not too common but unfortunately there's no way to easily fix this without making Rituals more static and predictable.

It may be uncommon to not be able to afford something but, if you roll that one in a million chance item and you can't even afford to differ it then it kind of kills the point of the ritual. If I am going to spend all this time backtracking through a map and, fighting strong monsters to ensure I am getting the max tribute I can. Then I should be able to fully make use of the league mechanic. If there is nothing I can do to ensure that I can afford anything that pops up then. I may just wind up skipping rituals all together because, why waste the effort when I have brand new atlas mechanics to play with to make better use of my time?

Why not make it so the super expensive items only appear under the influence of a ritual vessel, so that you have a much better chance of being able to afford said item.

An alternative is to allow players to lure in other monsters for rituals to increase their tribute.

Another alternative is to have the monsters that spawn in the ritual to be affected by monster pack size so that IF you want to be able to afford potentially expensive items you need to be doing maps at the highest level. (corrupted 8 mod maps) should really grant enough tribute to be able to differ anything.

"
Add a visual indicator to lead you to each Ritual site
At the moment, Rituals already appear on your minimap once you're a certain distance away from them. Generally speaking, our philosophy is that you should explore and discover the mechanics within an area as part of the gameplay experience. This also becomes less of a problem once you're playing Ritual in maps as most players aim to full-clear map zones to maximize their rewards.

Okay this is just really stupid, I'm sorry. I get exploration, I do. Aside from the new maps, we've seen all the maps thousands of times there is no reason for further exploration. Not being able to see rituals is just counter productive.

You could simply increase the radius in which the ritual icon appears on the minimap or, make the ritual icon more visible (in currently blends in too well).

A lot of times I find I just didn't see a ritual sitting right in a corner I had explored already because it's visibility on the mini map is dismal.

TO counter the negative I would like to say that I AM enjoying the new content and, the extra time you've spent to ensure that the mechanics are working properly have shown.
I'm a bit disappointed in this league, mostly because of all the nerfs I think. Ritual mechanics was fun at first but in high tier maps these small arenas are just annoying. Maven's character is not even close to the Elder, she's just a bored girl. And from what I've seen, Maven fight is even worse than Sirus, which in my opinion is one of the most poorly designed boss fights in the history of videogames.
this league is a slam dunk, i love it
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
annonymouse__ wrote:
Do you guys plan to add more affinities to the stash tabs?

more affinities please! At first just general things. Like heist (I don't wanna click a different stash for it, rather have it in the regular stash as a tab), and by type of item like gloves, weapons, influences.

Also, on a much longer timeline, it would be awesome to have an Affinity "filter" we can code and edit in a very specific way like we can with loot filters.
what about the feedback that ritual sucks and isnt rewarding?

I've done hundreds and gotten 3-4 decent items

That's such a dog shit % of loot return vs time spent grinding

Its very unrewarding to do 3 rituals just to see myself get nothing

Or even worse.. do 3 rituals and then not be able to roll for another loot pool since there's no points left to defer...

OR EVEN WORSE to reroll and get a phat item you cannot defer

Ritual sucks balls imo

Echoes is great

Ritual could be so much better if

#1 - 4 rituals per red map every time

#2 - More points from ritual to defer

#3 - Can see whole loot pool after first ritual and can reroll immediately to see if there is anything worth spending time doing rituals for...
"
Fixed a bug where 'More Spell Damage' modifiers from support gems weren't applying to Damage over Time skills unless they had hit an enemy.

Are you sure this has been fixed? Scorching Ray supported by Efficacy shows more damage in my tooltip than when supported by Controlled Destruction at the same level. As far as I understand, the damage should be the same for both.
Since heist league has gone core shouldn't you add the Markers to the currency tab?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info