Incinerate Pain Attunement witch build

Well, i tried this build recently and i have to admit you did some great job here!

It all works out very well so far. I'm almost level 60 by now and yes, i died a few times because of the low health. But hey: no risk - no fun.

At first i was on my way to build my own Incinerate-Witch and being all nostalgic about a flamethrowing caster lady. (Had one in D2 back in the days, never liked those ice balls anyway...) But after searching the net for some ideas about what i should pay attention to, i stumbled upon your post and it just looked great to me.

So all in all, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this nice (and btw very different and original) build. :-)
IGN: Laubblaeser
Checking this build out now, currently level 48 and getting my 4 links together, but this is a very decent build. Much more mana intensive than the totem build, but much more enjoyable :)
Hey, I just recently started this build in Anarchy league and I'm having a blast with it -- and some mana problems right now at around level 25.
Thus, I was wondering if the "+40 MP" bandit reward is actually worth sacrificing the Passive Skill Point reward for it -- and what bandit rewards you guys would recommend for this build altogether, including Cruel and Merciless.
Thanks in advance for any responses! :)
"
GJenssen wrote:
and some mana problems right now at around level 25.

Being level 59 i can tell you there are no mana problems any more. Look for a nice mana leech gem for your incinerate. I use it like this atm: incinerate - mana leech - life leech - lmp
I got no mana problems at all. Try using flasks with long duration.

"
GJenssen wrote:
Thus, I was wondering if the "+40 MP" bandit reward is actually worth sacrificing the Passive Skill Point reward for it -- and what bandit rewards you guys would recommend for this build altogether, including Cruel and Merciless.

Phew cant remember which one i took, in cruel definitely the skill point. In normal i guess i took the +40 life, since i didn't want to be too life dependent on my gear. But its your decision i guess, just dont take the resistances. they are no problem, even in merciless! (got +77 on all three)

Edit: Oh sure, and in merciless i took the skill point too! ^^
Last edited by Laubblaeser on Jul 27, 2013, 7:54:48 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I decided to take the skill point in Normal & Merciless and maybe the 4% castspeed in Cruel.
But I really got to pay attention to enemies casting Lightning Thorns, it's utterly destroying me in Act III right now. Still, definitely one of the most fun builds I've ever played. So cheers to the TO for this awesome build! :D

Edit: I just started wondering if this build could somehow work together with the Infernal Mantle unique. One could take Doomcast, pick up the Arcane Potency cluster and some more crit-nodes along the way to synergise with the "100% increased critical strike chance" of the unique and the already high cast speed of Incinerate (...which on its own can't crit, but one could curse the enemies with Critical Weakness). Additionally, the 25% fire-to-chaos conversion would kind of work like an additional "Fire Penetration" support gem.
That's all just some random thoughts, but I think it sounds quite interesting. Any input?
Last edited by GJenssen on Jul 28, 2013, 10:58:14 AM
Hey everybody,

so after the patch i was wondering if i could use my "Incinerate Pain attunement Witch" as it was before. So i did some of the math for trying to figure out if it will work:

- How about the passive skill tree?
I tried to work one out, guess its not that great at all, but for now it has to suffice.
Since life nodes became bigger (6% became 8%), we don't need them thaaat much anymore (any fourth would be included already, if i'm not wrong at this point...).
But we do need our mana reservation nodes. So that's a huge point and it eats up 8 of our skill points so far!
Here's my attempt:

- Low Life with 60 % Auras?!
Yes, it works. (Given the skill tree above.) With Discipline needing 60 % of your mana, you just need to level your blood magic and reduced mana gems to 20. That will result in a reservation of 65,96184 %. That's completely fine, i guess, so we simply need some level 20 gems for maximum life on low life status.

- Running three auras on mana? (Clarity, Purity, Tempest shield)
Well, now it's getting interesting. Those three have to be linked to one reduced mana gem. Let's assume, it's level 20.

Tempest shield = 25 %
Purity = 40 %
This results in 36,4585 % of reserved mana.

Leaving enough space for your Clarity:
Clarity (level 20) = 440
This results in ~247 reserved mana.

If you experience some problems in terms of your mana, simply stop leveling up Clarity until you find some better equipment, which allows you to do so.
But after all, you should have more mana left than in the build of the TO. I, for myself, find this useful and will try it out.

This build still needs some field testing, now that so much was changed in the game. But i guess, it should be no problem. Running those auras and being on low life should work fine. Hopefully...

I am going to test this one for sure and i will be telling you how it worked out for me.
Don't hestitate to ask any questions, i'd be glad to help you out. :-)
Last edited by Laubblaeser on Sep 12, 2014, 11:49:33 AM
Playing now with my level 79 witch, decent equipment for this level.
In my opinion it works out pretty well as stated above, i am easily doing most maps (slower energy shield reg and temporal chains are tough) and i am able to solo kill merciless Dominus with only few deaths when playing recklessly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info