WHY NOT 2H SWORD FOR LEAPSLAM?? READ FOR DETAIL

You should take catalyse AND all the HP nodes in that area...

Catalyse is the best way to get to a section of those hp nodes anyway?

You CAN do that, yeah.. but while building up levels you might opt to get a point in life somewhere else. Anyway, i'm gonna try switching up some points and see how it goes. I know my build and it benefits the most from physical dmg in all aspects but this might be fine too when i reach late 80s :>
IGN Asdfninja
When you're leveling yeah it's a good idea to prioritise life over dps so thats not a bad move. Eventually though you'd want all of those nodes.

Check out my spec if you're playing leap slam at high levels. I'm level 86, though i've spent most of my time magic finding and not leveling. I've tried pretty much everything and believe my current spec is the sweet spot. I've used like 50 regrets trying out various different combos.

Regarding your build, yeah physical damage is always going to be your highest damage but be careful not to get it too high, or you will just kill yourself on physical reflect stuff. This may not be an issue in low level content, but lets say a level 75 map you cant afford to reroll, rolls 20% reflect physical, you'll be screwed if your physical is say 80% of your dps, which is why its so important to stack as much ele damage as you can.
I'm Vaal Pact, i don't care for reflect. If I had a 6L Marohi it'd be the best but i've only 5L so LS is not maxed damage :)
IGN Asdfninja
"
synergyflow wrote:
Alright Seze, I was feeling pretty lazy but let's compare stats then, if you're gonna call people idiots..

And, yes, I prefer taking a HP node over catalyse (that's 3 points total on catalyse and nearby 10% nodes instead of 3 hp nodes, which can amount to what, around 500 life..?)

U sound like an experienced player so I take it we are at the same char lvl 80+. At this lvl there are no HP nodes left to take... in my case only ones left are near Twin Razors...and that would take me 3 point in 30 dex to get there... I'm sitting pretty at 5.9k hp now and feel like it's good enough to roll 75+maps, so 1 point to get Catalyze is optimal for me.
IGN: Seze
As long as it's optimal, it's cool then :)

Edit : took catalyse + the 2 10% around it and lava lash since it's 30% for 1 node either way, HS dps went from 16k to 17.2k, LS a lot less ofc :) And lost 200 hp. At this point it's fairly marginal I suppose.. i still like the hp better though.
IGN Asdfninja
Last edited by synergyflow on Apr 3, 2013, 8:15:06 AM
Are you two not using Added Fired, Hatred, WED, Anger, and Wrath?

Because just those makes over a third my damage into Elemental, which means yes, catalyze adds a ridiculous chunk of damage. Which is amplified off the high-end physical from Marohi.

And then Hrimsorrow gloves to make literally half my damage elemental.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
A ridiculous chunk? I just said the actual numbers of what catalyse added to my dps. It seems ot me like you think that Increased dmg = more dmg which is not the case. Read up on how dmg is calculated ;) Added fire and hatred = huge chunk of dmg, WED too. Anger, wrath and weap ele dmg nodes = quite a little portion of dmg :)
IGN Asdfninja

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info