3.13.0 Hotfix 5

"
sadyc wrote:
"
KingDarkness wrote:
This is so sad seeing that GGG is only fixing the unimportant bugs...

1. Fix your "Operation Timed Out" disconnects

2. Fix your "Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred" errors, also happen when you got the infinite loading screen while switching areas and waiting 3 minutes then you'll be kicked out to login window with the same error message

3. Fix your infinite loading screens while switching areas

These are the most important ones! I won't play PoE when you not fix them! You had over 1 month free time to fix them! They are new and somewhat annoying!

I'm looking for fixes for these bugs as well. So many people are affected by them, the guild chat is full of people complaining about these.

If you'd bothered to read Chris's post about the server issues, you'd know that _all_ of those are related to the database being overloaded (as they had a jump in player count with this league start that wasn't anticipated). The fix is a hardware upgrade (which is coming). The bugs in the hotfixes are pure code and done by other people.
Yoyo!

THIS MIGHT HELP WITH THE OPERATION TIMEOUT

Me and my friends noticed some things!

If you are in a city with many people, you tend to get disconnected way more often! (even many times in a row)

I've been in maps and my hideout for the whole past day and I didn't get a single operation timed out

My friends did disconnect tho and they were in a city every time they did.
Try minimising your city time and go to your hideout if you need to afk.

The infinite loading screen only happened once to me and it's really no biggie.
Game loads weirdly long > alt f4 and restart.
We are lucky that the game has such great loading times and veeery small queue times.

Any Shadowlands release players in chat? (I'd take this over the release on Draenor EVERY DAY)

Really hope that the city thing can help some people out!

We all know that GGG delivers on their patches, so be patient and don't be annoying.

Happy grinding ma bois <3
May the exolts be with ye!
Last edited by MoTioNx97 on Jan 17, 2021, 6:27:50 AM
"
KingDarkness wrote:

2. Fix your "Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred" errors, also happen when you got the infinite loading screen while switching areas and waiting 3 minutes then you'll be kicked out to login window with the same error message

These are the most important ones! I won't play PoE when you not fix them! You had over 1 month free time to fix them! They are new and somewhat annoying!

You have no idea what they are doing. They I am sure have a long list of things that need fixing, and guess what resources (people) are deployed in parallel. Some of things are relatively easy to fix, like the drops, and some thing take hardware or more time. But they are working on THEM all.

Would you prefer they hold onto EVERY fix until they have them ALL fixed, then deploy them all at once. That would be silly. They release as they fix. The coop who got the drop fix is done, and the database architect, who needs more time will be done soon and then we will get his (or her) fix.

Keep up the great work GGG, I for one appreciate the fact things are being rolled out at they are corrected.
Last edited by Zwingnut on Jan 17, 2021, 6:51:14 AM
"
KingDarkness wrote:

Imagine being this guy
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
"
Ehrine wrote:
"
sadyc wrote:
"
KingDarkness wrote:

I'm looking for fixes for these bugs as well. So many people are affected by them, the guild chat is full of people complaining about these.

If you'd bothered to read Chris's post about the server issues, you'd know that _all_ of those are related to the database being overloaded (as they had a jump in player count with this league start that wasn't anticipated). The fix is a hardware upgrade (which is coming).

They should allow only as many players as their hardware supports and keep the rest in a queue. If one cares about customer experience, he/she would rather offer a good service to fewer customers than a poor service to many.
Last edited by sadyc on Jan 17, 2021, 8:22:35 AM
"
KingDarkness wrote:

they literally posted on reddit explaining what is going on there and that they're working on it (but it requires additional physical hardware)

smh
"
Zodiac404 wrote:
There are players who gets disconected unstopable every time, there are players who cant even play bc freezing or CTD, but GGG is fixing drops? Really? This is hilarious and so disappointing. In my case two days of league to the trash because game gets freezed and "not respoding" on loggin screen EVERY SINGLE TIME since hotfix 1... but i guess i have to be happy now with Sirus droping uniques again on A1 to A7. Yey.
pretty much why Ima just sit a 1-2 weeks out too many bugs and crashes, Got better shit to play.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Zodiac404 wrote:
There are players who gets disconected unstopable every time, there are players who cant even play bc freezing or CTD, but GGG is fixing drops? Really? This is hilarious and so disappointing. In my case two days of league to the trash because game gets freezed and "not respoding" on loggin screen EVERY SINGLE TIME since hotfix 1... but i guess i have to be happy now with Sirus droping uniques again on A1 to A7. Yey.

It's called triage... they are fixing what needs addressed for the majority.
I was having the timed out issue too, but it was fixed, and I am assuming they fixed it for many others. The ones you mention are likely a small percentage of the bugs afflicting the game.
Beta member since: 0.9.8f (April 23rd 2012)
"
IRaGeU wrote:
Thanks to all the GGG Heroes for working at ungodly Hours on Saturdays and Sundays!

I hope you will be able to find what causes the trouble with your database servers soon!

I don't think they're working ungodly hours (remember they're ini New Zealand so 10PM for us is like the morning for them or so)

-- Really hoping for some performance improvements, since 3.13 it seems that my laptop can not really sustain 60fps anymore. It was fine in 3.12 not sure what could have changed this... I would love the option to lower the texture quality much further than just "medium" since on the beta macOS client we are not able to select our dedicated GPU which is a bummer and really hope that that is the main objective for the next macOS client update.
"
bluechimera wrote:
"
Zodiac404 wrote:

It's called triage... they are fixing what needs addressed for the majority.
I was having the timed out issue too, but it was fixed, and I am assuming they fixed it for many others. The ones you mention are likely a small percentage of the bugs afflicting the game.

Not true. Almost everyone is experiencing time outs and or just sudden crashes to desktop whether macOS or windows. All you have to do is open the global chat to see this is the case or play for longer than a few minutes. Try sitting afk for a bit and see if you get timed out (and by a bit that could be as small as 30-40 seconds even)

Lots of people get rolled back so they have to regain theiri EXP and gear and progress again. Just because it's not happening to YOU doesn't mean it's not happening to most people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info