Before we launch Echoes of the Atlas tomorrow

I, for one, have been utterly amazed that the cadence you've maintained since 2015 hasn't caused extreme burnout! You must have truly incredible devs to create such disparate leagues, while also spending some time on QoL updates, balance changes, and engine updates along the way without working overtime literally every day.

On a more selfish note, I HATE the "zoom zoom" playstyle of the streamers and wish leagues lasted longer (not a ton, like 4 months instead of 3) to give people like me the chance to find enough loot to see endgame in an SSF league. I'm actually hoping we see Heist-length leagues going forward, but I know your business model may not support it if the whales get bored for too long.

In any case, PoE has consistently been one of, if not the, best ARPG out there, so mad props for what you've achieved!
Now that you've said that, it better be the best league ever or people will bitch. Who am I kidding? People are going to bitch no matter what you say.
Very thanks for your hard works. This League seam very balance and i know all of u must work so hard to do that.

I wanne say thanks to all of everybody at GGG, you guys are the best!

Just remember. QOL and fixing current issues trumps all. A great new expansion would be one that they take away things not add. Take away things like animate weapon and these insane items and item shards.
except for the headhunter drop rate in the league that i wanted to farm and the nerf of aurastacks when i wanted to build my first one and play it for first time i have to say:

I love all the work ggg does on this game and thanks for do it. I hope all your love that you are putting in this game never ends and this game get so long or more in time than others does. Poe 4 ever.
I agree with @coldcandor. As a developer - why not adopt the industry standard release cycle? Quarterly releases with maintenance continuing on the previous leagues simultaneously. IE "lts(long term support)/stable/future" model.

LTS is where you keep the super popular, can't live without leagues running for their hardcore fans (such as standard).

Stable is where the previous league sits.

Future is where your current development is happening.

I genuinely hate all these project managers who try to reinvent the wheel. It's Systems Development LifeCycle (SDLC) and IN FACT NOT SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE. The process was developed and finalized in like 1960 - it's older than most developers. You're not improving on on a wheel by using a dodecagon instead of a circle - it's just cutting corners. Sorry, this last paragraph wasn't directed at GGG particularly... Lol.
Last edited by sh1ftchg on Jan 14, 2021, 7:48:08 PM
<3
Well, I did find Heist a little boring/repetitive but I know that I am going to love Ritual.
I will not be able to play before Sunday but I am very impatient.
Good Luck to you all, Exiles.

P.S. good luck to the servers too, this day is going to be tough technically xD
These messages to the community are so awesome to read!
<3
A big thank you to all GGG employees for delivering a game to us which is the true successor of Diablo II (and off course Half-Life, System Shock, Doom, Wing Commander, Lands of Lore, Elite, Ultima Underworld, Bard's Tale, Xevious, Galaga and Space Invaders)

I will celebrate this tomorrow!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info