Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
aUbz705 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey buddy another league another zombie build for me. Want to thank you again for doing these and of course for the item filter (how many leagues have I thanked you for those now? Lol).

I'm on PS4 so just a couple more nights for me!

Hope y'all are enjoying the league !
:) Thanks aUbz705!

I really appreciate your kindness. It goes a long way each time. Thank you. Right now the Sony realm is down for the update so I hope it launches soon for you! Have fun and thanks again.
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 20, 2021, 2:19:55 PM
Have you tried not pathing to the Grave intentions node? just wondering how well they hold up without that chaos resist. some nodes like Sanctuary looks too good not to get
@wrecker_of_days thanks for your build guide! I finally got to a decent spot with it, and everything is linked exactly like yours, though the underlying gear choices and gem levels are different. A few semi-technical questions:

1. Gear/skill trees that affect minion stats (e.g., +life or +damage) don't affect Specters? But, they otherwise still count as minions for those skills that say "...when you or your minions kill" or "Applies a buff to you and each of your minions..."?

2. Darksteel Treads have an implicit that says we take 20% of blocked damage. How does this interact with our other passive that says we take 65%?

3. Does Feeding Frenzy, linked to the golem, transfer/apply to the zombies?

4. Do we ever place the war banner, or just carry it around? I rarely get any charges, so I just carry mine.

5. Regarding the two 6% elemental damage nodes leading to the large jewel cluster node, do these do anything for us aside from unlocking that jewel cluster node?

6. All of your flasks remove bleeding, but the Bone Armor skill can do that, too, right? If so, why configure your flasks like that?

Thanks again!
"
ericlala wrote:
Spoiler
Have you tried not pathing to the Grave intentions node? just wondering how well they hold up without that chaos resist. some nodes like Sanctuary looks too good not to get
Hey ericlala!

Great question. I have not tried this build without Grace Intentions. The reason being though, though the Chaos Resist is nice (and I'm sure a big help), I take the little cluster for the increased life and ES. Grace intentions gives our zombies over 3K ES which is really sexy to me ;). So that was the primary reason for that notable for me.

I'd be really curious to have your feedback if you wanted to use the 5 nodes for something else, like the Sanctuary notable you mentioned.

Let me know how it goes if you don't mind. Great question.
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 21, 2021, 3:39:02 PM
A difficult question ... i know that zombies can be enhanced with unique gears more than spectres,but if it's league starts and i switch (let's say) 6 link zombies with spectres (kitava's heralds -i always prefer them when i have spectres🤣) switching 1 of the gems to spell echo (their spell is awesome with it before they leap to the target with Feeding Frenzy) it is possible they can do that much damage instead of zombies until i get uniques for makes zombies stronger?
"
Silentknyght wrote:
Spoiler
@wrecker_of_days thanks for your build guide! I finally got to a decent spot with it, and everything is linked exactly like yours, though the underlying gear choices and gem levels are different. A few semi-technical questions:

1. Gear/skill trees that affect minion stats (e.g., +life or +damage) don't affect Specters? But, they otherwise still count as minions for those skills that say "...when you or your minions kill" or "Applies a buff to you and each of your minions..."?

2. Darksteel Treads have an implicit that says we take 20% of blocked damage. How does this interact with our other passive that says we take 65%?

3. Does Feeding Frenzy, linked to the golem, transfer/apply to the zombies?

4. Do we ever place the war banner, or just carry it around? I rarely get any charges, so I just carry mine.

5. Regarding the two 6% elemental damage nodes leading to the large jewel cluster node, do these do anything for us aside from unlocking that jewel cluster node?

6. All of your flasks remove bleeding, but the Bone Armor skill can do that, too, right? If so, why configure your flasks like that?

Thanks again!
Hey Silentknyght!

I'm glad things are looking good for you. Good to hear.


"
1. Gear/skill trees that affect minion stats (e.g., +life or +damage) don't affect Specters? But, they otherwise still count as minions for those skills that say "...when you or your minions kill" or "Applies a buff to you and each of your minions..."?
Every summoned Spectre is a minion. So everything that applies to "minions" and "allies" impacts Spectres. This also includes minion damage nodes and such.

"
2. Darksteel Treads have an implicit that says we take 20% of blocked damage. How does this interact with our other passive that says we take 65%?
I have no clue how that interacts with Glancing Blows. I had the same question when I saw that implicit but never looked into it. Sorry.

"
3. Does Feeding Frenzy, linked to the golem, transfer/apply to the zombies?
The aggression of gem applies to the linked minion. The buff the gem provides goes to you, and in turn, that buff applies to ALL your minions. So the Speed and damage perks to get applied to your zombies.

"
4. Do we ever place the war banner, or just carry it around? I rarely get any charges, so I just carry mine.
I just carry mine around. I never place it either. I never think to drop it and I'd likely never remember to pick it up. I personally don't really like banners but I had unused mana space and that fit (while giving our minions a nice damage boost).

"
5. Regarding the two 6% elemental damage nodes leading to the large jewel cluster node, do these do anything for us aside from unlocking that jewel cluster node?
They are wasted travel nodes that do nothing for the build and the part I hate most about the tree. BUT there weren't any other cluster locations worth travelling to.

"
6. All of your flasks remove bleeding, but the Bone Armor skill can do that, too, right? If so, why configure your flasks like that?
Bone Armour has a cooldown and I zone out lots. So if I'm bleeding while I'm running around and Bone Armour is on cooldown, I'll probably die because I'm too slow to process the fact that I should just stop moving. So it is a bit redundant. Feel free to make your flasks whatever you want.

Good questions. You rock.

- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
"
DarthJoey wrote:
Spoiler
A difficult question ... i know that zombies can be enhanced with unique gears more than spectres,but if it's league starts and i switch (let's say) 6 link zombies with spectres (kitava's heralds -i always prefer them when i have spectres🤣) switching 1 of the gems to spell echo (their spell is awesome with it before they leap to the target with Feeding Frenzy) it is possible they can do that much damage instead of zombies until i get uniques for makes zombies stronger?
Hey DarthJoey!

Spectres have tons of potential for sure. But you have to know their damage type perfectly. You'd likely want to get rid of Brutality just to be sure. You could permanently make this a spectre build if you wanted I'm sure.

To answer your question, you can make this work for Spectres as is IF you get a pure physical damage spectre that only does melee. Otherwise you have to change the supports and auras.

Does that help?
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
Hey Everyone!

I posted the 3.13 gameplay example video in the guide now. You can view it here too if you're interested.

The link may be private until 3pm my time...but I'm hoping the link works now anyway.
- Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast: https://foreverexiled.com

- Stress-Free PoE Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 (for all experience levels)
First of all.....thx a lot for the build, it's fun to play :-)

i found a midnight bargain and it's nice to have an additional zombie/spectre :-).....even though the 30% life reservation hurts and well, i die a lot...lol

regarding spectres though.....one of your recommendations are kitavas heralds, which is fine, i like those winged creatures too :-)

however, they do die regularly. am i right that i have to travel to the cathedral for instance and find heralds every time they die? or am i missing something with spectres?

Go to your hideaut. Remove CWDT. Cast Desacrete. On the ground should reveal a few of your dead spectres. Cast raise spectre. Voila!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info