3.13 Updated Shrapnel Ballista Build-League Starter+Boss Killer+Good Clear Speed

is the (- channel cost) in cons supposed to be (- to non channel cost instead)? im pretty sure that ballistas dont count as a channel skill. it just struck me as odd so i figured i'd ask for clarification.

been running this since league start, working out very well so far if not for just a little janky against some bosses and encounters. easy to use and very strong.
Last edited by Preyhamster on Jan 18, 2021, 3:10:25 PM
I am relatively new to the game and tried this build as my starter for this league, shrapnel ballistas do apply impale with the support gem, however I do not get dread banner stages when this occurs. I only get those stages with frenzy. Is this intended or am I missing something? thanks.
"
Another option I am playing with for faster map clearing is gemming a 2nd bow and using ballista totem+Tornado shot

Can you elaborate on the full 6-link for that please? Loving the idea, thanks!
Is this build tanky enough to do end-game bosses and new 3.13 content? Thanks in advance.
"
FedeS wrote:
Is this build tanky enough to do end-game bosses and new 3.13 content? Thanks in advance.

Yes it is, you can drop the frenzy tree for straight life and get near 7k if you wish. I was able to crush Sirius with this build---it really pushes phases.
"
SilentDescent wrote:
"
Another option I am playing with for faster map clearing is gemming a 2nd bow and using ballista totem+Tornado shot

Can you elaborate on the full 6-link for that please? Loving the idea, thanks!

Yes and I have changed my tree a tad, I dropped Master Fletcher for Piercing shots so I don't have to run that weak pierce gem....instead I run slower projectiles for more damage on Shrapnel.

Gems for Tornado shot(which is what I am running 90% of the time ----its super handy on Rituals to reach everything) Tornado shot>Ballista Totem>Vicious Proj>Impale>Brutality.

You only get 6 totems with Tornado shot vs the 8 for Shrapnel, but it is more than enough to clear effectively on maps/leveling.
"
Preyhamster wrote:
is the (- channel cost) in cons supposed to be (- to non channel cost instead)? im pretty sure that ballistas dont count as a channel skill. it just struck me as odd so i figured i'd ask for clarification.

been running this since league start, working out very well so far if not for just a little janky against some bosses and encounters. easy to use and very strong.

Yes sorry, non channeling.
Build updated 1/18----Tornado shot added, Piercing shots in place of Master Fletcher, and slower projectiles gem in place of pierce support.
"
Wharhogg wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

Yes it is, you can drop the frenzy tree for straight life and get near 7k if you wish. I was able to crush Sirius with this build---it really pushes phases.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'm new with totems so my questions are newbie questions... I'm a bit worried since I see you grab acrobatics which isn't a very consistent layer of defense if we use only that. Which other layers of defense we have? I see we use fortify too, that's great but is enough to tank high damage mobs?

I'm talking about not dying at 10 boss encounter, simulacrums, t16+ deliriums. Is this build cappable to do these kind of content? Another question... don't ballistas die often or they are tough enough?

First of Strike, last to fall is a bit... inconsistent? How often do we get low life? Is there another way to get low life more consistent? That's why I'm wondering if the taunt or banner node would be better. Sorry too many question but I'm really interested in being tanky and doing high-end content this time for once and with this build. Thanks!

PS: It'd be AWESOME if you can record some clearing speed video with Tornado Shot.
Last edited by FedeS on Jan 18, 2021, 9:37:45 PM
"
FedeS wrote:
"
Wharhogg wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'm new with totems so my questions are newbie questions... I'm a bit worried since I see you grab acrobatics which isn't a very consistent layer of defense if we use only that. Which other layers of defense we have? I see we use fortify too, that's great but is enough to tank high damage mobs?

I'm talking about not dying at 10 boss encounter, simulacrums, t16+ deliriums. Is this build cappable to do these kind of content? Another question... don't ballistas die often or they are tough enough?

We have a combined high chance to not be hit...and fortify helps when we do...phasing flask helps as well. I don't know about the 10 boss encounter...havent gotten there yet, but ballistas are pretty tough, and once you have the speed upgrades pooping them out is quick.

First of Strike, last to fall is a bit... inconsistent? How often do we get low life? Is there another way to get low life more consistent? That's why I'm wondering if the taunt or banner node would be better. Sorry too many question but I'm really interested in being tanky and doing high-end content this time for once and with this build. Thanks!

You can use whichever one you like, typically I am rarely low on life---its when I mess up and get smacked hard. The taunt node I know some people perfer.

PS: It'd be AWESOME if you can record some clearing speed video with Tornado Shot.
Once I get my Tornado shot 6L I ll whip one up!

Last edited by Wharhogg on Jan 18, 2021, 10:21:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info