[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
Kennocha wrote:
I'm not a very great player of the game but I must say this build has been a lot of fun... until recently.

I seem to be constantly getting oneshot by stuff, and I can't seem to figure out if its a build problem or I am just doing something wrong in general.

I dont understand all the gearing stuff so I am really struggling here to understand the direction to spend my resources so I can try to avoid dying so damn much.

I'd love some assistance if you have some generic directions to point me in. I am at the point of needing the cluster jewel but cant seem to find a good one for sale that i can remotely afford

Well, you're missing large amounts of life on much of your gear. The defenses of this build are scaled almost entirely with our gear. A big eHP upgrade for you would be to get the 9-10% of max life as extra max ES chest craft.

As for clusters, start with a fire medium with Wrapped in Flame and Cooked Alive notables.

An ES on Hit Watcher's Eye while affected by Discipline will also do wonders. Like, night and day wonders. You're probably not sustaining your ES at all right now. This will pretty well fix that.
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it!

I don't know what a lot of those acronyms mean regarding the chest so sadly I don't understand. Are you able to point me into a direction that explains it for a person new to POE?

I've looked for the watchers eye, but I can't afford one with the disipline yet, nor can I run 4 auras yet it seems without picking up the support gem that is also expensive
"
Kennocha wrote:
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it!

I don't know what a lot of those acronyms mean regarding the chest so sadly I don't understand. Are you able to point me into a direction that explains it for a person new to POE?

I've looked for the watchers eye, but I can't afford one with the disipline yet, nor can I run 4 auras yet it seems without picking up the support gem that is also expensive

Move your ice golem gem into another slot and grab an Immortal Call and implement it into your high lvl cast when damage taken-setup.

Grab the annoint for your amulet (Cassia can annoint your amulet) - it will provide endurance charges which will reduce the damage taken.

You are missing the last lab - so bone offering doesn't do anything for you at the moment. Do uber lab as soon as possible!

Buy a Rumis concoction and replace your amethyst flask with it. More block = better survivability.

Your belt is really bad, same for your boots. Try to find some with 60 or more hp.

Belts: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/Vkaa5rcp
Boots: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/MJ4DOPRcJ

I hope this helps!
Hey there!

I've been playing this build for a few weeks and now and I love it! Thank you for putting it out there.

That said, what's your suggestion on spectres? I think people suggest the Primal Crushclaw using anomalous desecrate but I see that Crushclaws were removed from the mob pool. I'm thinking of switching to DD versus VD for more boss damage but want to invest in getting high life corpses to make the switch worthwhile.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

"
OKdoom wrote:
Hey there!

I've been playing this build for a few weeks and now and I love it! Thank you for putting it out there.

That said, what's your suggestion on spectres? I think people suggest the Primal Crushclaw using anomalous desecrate but I see that Crushclaws were removed from the mob pool. I'm thinking of switching to DD versus VD for more boss damage but want to invest in getting high life corpses to make the switch worthwhile.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

1 Primal Crushclaw and 1 Primal Blisterlord for Spectres.

The spectres are worth it for both skills incidentally.

Phantasmal Desecrate now gives Flickershades which have 300% increased life. Pretty good still but probably not worth the price tag.

The nice thing with DD is that you can spec tree and gear for it and just swap back to VD as desired for faster mapping if you want. I am currently using DD myself.
"

Phantasmal Desecrate now gives Flickershades which have 300% increased life. Pretty good still but probably not worth the price tag.

The nice thing with DD is that you can spec tree and gear for it and just swap back to VD as desired for faster mapping if you want. I am currently using DD myself.

Thank you for the response!

Do you just farm sacred groves to get them?
"
OKdoom wrote:
"

Thank you for the response!

Do you just farm sacred groves to get them?

Yes. Be quick to raise them though because they de-spawn hella fast. And afaik they are not added to the desecrate pool after they despawn in SG.
Been trying to calculate accurate VD (spell hit portion) DPS. never used CoC before but after some reading I guessing it's one of two things.

1. Desecrate and VD are on separate internal CD due to not being namesake skills. Meaning if we have 10 APS and 100% hit/crit (and appropriate ICR) we will summon 9 balls per crit (3x3 due to spell cascade) which ends up being 90 balls per second. So our VD dps would be PoB VD "skill average hit" x 90. This sounds ridic high (we are assuming BOSS effective dps where we are face-spinning and balls explode before reaching 60 projectile cap)

2. The internal cooldown is shared, in which case we only, on average, spawn 9 balls 5 times per second for half that. But still.. 45 x average hit.

This assumes that PoB is showing per VD ball though. Am I making faulty assumptions somewhere or is one of the above correct?
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Kennocha wrote:
I'm not a very great player of the game but I must say this build has been a lot of fun... until recently.

I seem to be constantly getting oneshot by stuff, and I can't seem to figure out if its a build problem or I am just doing something wrong in general.

I dont understand all the gearing stuff so I am really struggling here to understand the direction to spend my resources so I can try to avoid dying so damn much.

I'd love some assistance if you have some generic directions to point me in. I am at the point of needing the cluster jewel but cant seem to find a good one for sale that i can remotely afford

Well, you're missing large amounts of life on much of your gear. The defenses of this build are scaled almost entirely with our gear. A big eHP upgrade for you would be to get the 9-10% of max life as extra max ES chest craft.

As for clusters, start with a fire medium with Wrapped in Flame and Cooked Alive notables.

An ES on Hit Watcher's Eye while affected by Discipline will also do wonders. Like, night and day wonders. You're probably not sustaining your ES at all right now. This will pretty well fix that.

I just wanted to say thanks again, as I believe it was you who popped into game and helped me out for a bit (if it somehow wasn't, the same goes to them!). The interaction made my day, and I was able to complete the last Labyrinth with the tweaks.

I am quite a bit stronger, now I just need to keep farming to get the enlighten support for more auras so I can then get that discipline setup.

I'm started to understand the sacred grove stuff, so I may see if I can make a body not poopy. Is it best to start with a 6 link already before you work up on it? I am not sure how you start on that.

Seriously, thank you for the help.
"
enyaisrave wrote:
Been trying to calculate accurate VD (spell hit portion) DPS. never used CoC before but after some reading I guessing it's one of two things.

1. Desecrate and VD are on separate internal CD due to not being namesake skills. Meaning if we have 10 APS and 100% hit/crit (and appropriate ICR) we will summon 9 balls per crit (3x3 due to spell cascade) which ends up being 90 balls per second. So our VD dps would be PoB VD "skill average hit" x 90. This sounds ridic high (we are assuming BOSS effective dps where we are face-spinning and balls explode before reaching 60 projectile cap)

2. The internal cooldown is shared, in which case we only, on average, spawn 9 balls 5 times per second for half that. But still.. 45 x average hit.

This assumes that PoB is showing per VD ball though. Am I making faulty assumptions somewhere or is one of the above correct?

You're not far off at all. POB shows average hit for VD, yes.

Different skills do not share a cooldown. You're main limiting factors then (assuming 100% crit and Hit Chance) are Cooldown Recovery and Attack speed.

With NO CDR% you can proc Cast on Crit 6.06 times per second per skill. CoC procs skills in order in the links. In our case this means Desecrates procs on first hit and VD procs on 2nd in rotation. Effectively capping attack speed at 12.12 APS with no CDR.

This number goes up to 15.14 if you have 14%+ CDR on gear (or level 3+ Woke CoC support)

But yeah, it's Average damage x Number of VD Balls (9-12 depending on supports+Enchant) x Procs per second.

So like, if you have 12 APS with Awakened Spell Cascade and/or the +1 VD Helmet Enchant you'll average 10+ per proc (gonna say 10 for easy math)

if you have 100k per ball (easy to do) that's

100k x 10 balls x 6 procs per second = 6 Million DPS

This build does very good damage. ^^

@Kennocha

I think it was someone else, I haven't been on a lot today. But awesome that someone was helping you out! Love that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info