[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

I am planning on upgrading my chest soon since I am still using Inpulsa. But how do we mitigate the shock from Replica Reckless Defense? I don't want to run around shocked all the time from my own hits. The only piece of gear I see in the whole build that mitigates shock is the Inpulsa.
"
I am planning on upgrading my chest soon since I am still using Inpulsa. But how do we mitigate the shock from Replica Reckless Defense? I don't want to run around shocked all the time from my own hits. The only piece of gear I see in the whole build that mitigates shock is the Inpulsa.

We don't shock ourselves and shocks can only be inflicted by lightning damage...and then it's based on lightning damage dealt...and then there's only a 10% chance to be shocked...

It's not a big deal. :P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

We don't shock ourselves and shocks can only be inflicted by lightning damage...and then it's based on lightning damage dealt...and then there's only a 10% chance to be shocked...

It's not a big deal. :P

I don't know why I thought that our own self hitting would shock, freeze, and ignite from the Reckless Defense jewel but now that I read that it doesn't, it makes total sense, thanks!
So many pages to scroll through, I'm sure it's been discussed. but why do you use detonate dead instead of VD yourself? Which skill is better in which situations and why?

EDIT: Also how do we shock for inpulsa explosions?
Last edited by enyaisrave on Mar 6, 2021, 10:28:02 AM
"
enyaisrave wrote:
So many pages to scroll through, I'm sure it's been discussed. but why do you use detonate dead instead of VD yourself? Which skill is better in which situations and why?

EDIT: Also how do we shock for inpulsa explosions?

Shocks -> See Corpse Pact ascendancy

as for DD, better boss damage and less lag, but requires more investment to feel good..IE: Awakened Spell Cascade and Helmet Enchant.
Thanks a bunch! Appreciate you taking the time to reply. I also wonder why Spectres is one of the last upgrades you mention, I league started DD Inq and the difference on bosses in areas with smaller mob pools were the difference of oneshotting bosses like cortex or spamming for several minutes, ie shaper when using the harvest spectres. Is the difference less noticeable on this build?

And is that the reason you don't specc into the inc. corpse life nodes around undertaker?

Sorry, I wish I had caught your streams so I could have watched and understood the build better rather than bothering you here.
"
enyaisrave wrote:
Thanks a bunch! Appreciate you taking the time to reply. I also wonder why Spectres is one of the last upgrades you mention, I league started DD Inq and the difference on bosses in areas with smaller mob pools were the difference of oneshotting bosses like cortex or spamming for several minutes, ie shaper when using the harvest spectres. Is the difference less noticeable on this build?

And is that the reason you don't specc into the inc. corpse life nodes around undertaker?

Sorry, I wish I had caught your streams so I could have watched and understood the build better rather than bothering you here.

The difference is less noticeable on Volatile Dead specificically. You don't get as much overlap of corpse explosions and they're at half effectiveness.

That said, I use Specters with both skills.

Also, I do spec into the corpse life as part of my transition to DD.
Detonate Dead does feel better and it's not 1 fps gameplay :D Two quick questions: does area of effect actually do something for DD or not? Is it a useful lab enchant?
And what alternate quality should I be getting for it? Anom/Div?
"
LuLu_M97 wrote:
Detonate Dead does feel better and it's not 1 fps gameplay :D Two quick questions: does area of effect actually do something for DD or not? Is it a useful lab enchant?
And what alternate quality should I be getting for it? Anom/Div?

LAb enchant should be 45% chacne to detonate an additional corpse.

AOE for DD is very very good. It makes clear better and more explosion overlap.

Alt qualities don't do anything for us. You could do anamolous and go chaos conversion but that's like...an entirely different setup. lol.
I'm not a very great player of the game but I must say this build has been a lot of fun... until recently.

I seem to be constantly getting oneshot by stuff, and I can't seem to figure out if its a build problem or I am just doing something wrong in general.

I dont understand all the gearing stuff so I am really struggling here to understand the direction to spend my resources so I can try to avoid dying so damn much.

I'd love some assistance if you have some generic directions to point me in. I am at the point of needing the cluster jewel but cant seem to find a good one for sale that i can remotely afford

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info