POE dying?

Could it possibly be because most people way overprice things on trade chat? People don't want to deal with them.
imho
the first thing GGG has to do is to stop the races being every damn day.
in closed beta they were rare. and when a race was announced everybody was excited.

now they are every day and i even dont look them up anymore. additionally, its always ... ALWAYS .. the same people winning ...

races have totally lost their appeal imho.

stop the races and make them rare again ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
^

Make the races more rare and make the rewards something valuable instead of some crap
886 POE
I like the race system the way it is. I'm sitting on the fence as to whether or not I will put the time in to not embarrass myself competing next "season", but there is definitely value in having many races (more people have the opportunity to participate) even though there are certain people who have the time to dominate in each one. The current system would be perfect if there were hundreds of thousands of active players participating, but this is an open beta... the people who can dedicate 16 hours/day playing will always be better than the casuals.

tl;dr not everyone will have the time to play every single day, more races = more opportunities to try a race
While some trends do show a steep decline in consistent play, one big thing needs to be kept in mind as per the OP:

PoE is entirely built around an instance base. This includes towns and TRADE CHAT. Yes, chat IS instanced as well. I am not sure of the instance limit for it, but it does not change the fact that if you are to meter the game traffic by the number of players seen in town or in chat, one needs to understand that you are but part of a sample sized population of the game. All you see are not all that are in game.

As far as less people partying, I will assume this is based off the notice board in game. Public parties are not favored by a large group of the community. Just because their party is not listed, it does not mean it does not exist.

I will not argue the decline, as some trends do show it, and we no longer have the /online command to see for ourselves, though I wish we did. However, before assumptions are made, facts need to be known, such as the game revolving around instances.
Last edited by TheHardPlace on Mar 30, 2013, 9:27:07 PM
"
trailslayer wrote:
All of my friends have quit and I barely play anymore.

Same.

Content in the future will bring us back for a moment.
Last edited by JJ108X on Apr 6, 2013, 11:09:19 AM
"
Pi314 wrote:
Less and less people on trade chat lately

the game is only just getting started :), it only seems dead because of the way the trade chat works, your probs getting stuck in trade chat number 23846 with about 10 people in it, the only way ive found around this is to log in and out fast about 20times till you get in a really busy one, but make sure you dnt go in to any instances, coz you risk getting kick out the trade chat in to another, dead one lol, dnt know why it dose this, bu its anoyying as hell XD
Trade Chat is dead because trading in general sucks and it seems the market is oversatured (especially in softcore).
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info