[3.13] Lancing Steel Poison | Budget T16 & Endgame bossing <1EX | Starter viable | No PoB Warrior

"
esoterikk wrote:
How does this delve? Delving is probably my favorite content and interested in this as a league starter.

Honestly, there are probably better builds if you want to delve really deep (getting to 500-600 should definitely be possible, but lower is probably difficult/annoying). Poison isn't really ideal for it because you want mobs to die instantly so they don't even have a chance to attack you. The build also has no regen that could counter the darkness regen. Probably still fairs better than many other poison builds due to life gain on hit, but there are much better non-poison options out there.

Last edited by XxNe0xX on Feb 1, 2021, 1:14:29 PM
Hey man, would you mind posting some gameplay of this build? Some t16 mapping and some Sirus action or something? :)
Hey, I'm interested in this build and today I dropped 2 interesting items

and

with only 6 frenzies we could get 48% more poison dmg just from the belt, might be worth tinkering with them.
Last edited by Kitake on Feb 8, 2021, 7:23:11 PM
"
enyaisrave wrote:
Hey man, would you mind posting some gameplay of this build? Some t16 mapping and some Sirus action or something? :)

I will try to get some videos up before the weekend. Some with <1ex budget gear and some with my current gear, which is better but still really affordable.

"
Kitake wrote:
Hey, I'm interested in this build and today I dropped 2 interesting items

and

with only 6 frenzies we could get 48% more poison dmg just from the belt, might be worth tinkering with them.

Farrul's is definitely a nice offensive option if you can afford to lose the resists. The non-replica version might be even better as the power charges could allow you to drop the Ungil's amulet and instead go for a rare one with flat phys, crit multi and dot multi.

As for the belt, it's worth trying it, but I'm a bit sceptical. You lose all the bonuses from regular Frenzy charges so it's only 24% more and on top of that you lose the attack speed bonus, which is really nice on poison builds and especially so as Assassin where faster attacks mean faster duration stacking. In the end I'm not sure if it's much better than an Abyssal Belt with a good jewel and you lose a lot of life and resists.
Your build looks really interesting. Any idea how you would make a hardcore variant out of it?
"
generalchaos wrote:
Your build looks really interesting. Any idea how you would make a hardcore variant out of it?

Probably don't actually need to change too much. I rarely die and when I do it's mostly due to my own stupidity.

Having said that, I'd probably use a tree more like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.13.0/AAAABAYBAAZwKk2i2WHryBR6UyzpdoJsjDrhJpWjijpCHF_Mxz3d_rpUR2qMSotRR4w2tUgj9r6n3ahHfs96CC6dqt0NZ6DtQe2Dfyuw2HBSPydLeIqv034HmaZXTeOP8fJFWfDi1X11qM-mvp8nhrONfe9645-NvzfUNZIi4gBebqptbLIZSshMjvajidNNku4O2L0COqQ5e8PIDBUgK-cuI9gLZ2cwfP4KhKJlTYd27T9wbkp9AO5Uki2DkBEXsEfiMHG18ujWGbQ2PRa_-vG00VuvIur-j_Vv6xRh4jIBen8ZjtQj53QFtYugVUsNjb02_QGdX2Ks

That gives you 212% life and 80% chance to avoid elemental ailments on tree at level 90, with another 12% life that can be picked up in the Duelist area in the next 4 levels. You'll lose about 25-30% damage on the same gear, so you'll have to invest a bit more.

For gearing, I think Kintsugi is best in slot for the chest, if you can get it, otherwise a nice harvest chest, ideally with explode (so you can free up the glove slot), extra curse, attack crit, and spell dodge.

Also, you'll probably want to go 1H + Shield and no Saviour to get more life, more dodge and the last 20% chance to avoid Ailments. Rest of the gear basically stays the same.

For auras it's worth considering putting temp chains on blasphemy over despair, if you have dual curse (through anointment or chest) and despair in hit gloves/ring and then combining that with aspect of the spider instead of herald of purity to stack slowing effects.

That should probably do it.
Looks great thanks!
Looking forward to videos.
Hi XxNe0xX, so I followed your build up to 88 and here is my criticism/opinion about the build. Before I get it into, I want to say how much I agree with your build philosophy, and I also dislike seeing POB warrior builds that need to harvest craft all of their gear to create a good build.

Overall, I feel like my damage is really lacking getting into red maps. You can view my profile if you like. I feel like I am in your mid-budget category. Character name is fatmikestayfat. While playing, I just couldn't help thinking, "BF/BB poison assassin does the same thing but better and more damage."

Thanks for providing the build, and have a nice day.
"
generalchaos wrote:
Hi XxNe0xX, so I followed your build up to 88 and here is my criticism/opinion about the build. Before I get it into, I want to say how much I agree with your build philosophy, and I also dislike seeing POB warrior builds that need to harvest craft all of their gear to create a good build.

Overall, I feel like my damage is really lacking getting into red maps. You can view my profile if you like. I feel like I am in your mid-budget category. Character name is fatmikestayfat. While playing, I just couldn't help thinking, "BF/BB poison assassin does the same thing but better and more damage."

Thanks for providing the build, and have a nice day.

Hi,
thanks for trying out the build and providing feedback. I had a quick look at your build and can see a few things that I might tweak. I see you went for a somewhat modified version of the HC tree. Before I make you read the wall of text below, you're right that BF/BB is probably easier, especially on HC. The main advantage is basically life sustain through stacking life gained on hit and otherwise it's more about playstyle preference.

As I said, the HC version probably needs a bit more gear investment, but even without changing too much you can definitely optimize a little. I threw together an adjusted PoB, based on your char that should have roughly 25-30% more damage, if not more: https://pastebin.com/im38F3y5

Here's a "quick" summary of things I'd change.

1. Mana investment: I removed all 4 mana nodes on tree. +3 mana gained on hit (which you have) should be enough to sustain your attacks. If you're having trouble with movement skill mana just run an enduring mana flask

2. Wither setup: I see you're using Withering Step instead of Wither totems. Technically this applies 6 withered stacks for the calculations, but it only lasts 3 seconds and isn't refreshed which means that enemies are no longer withered after the ramp up meaning you lose out on a 30% more multi. I'd suggest one of the following: a) run a wither totem b) swap one gem for Withering Touch (this guarantees 10+ wither stacks) or c) run a medium cluster with Eternal Suffering. I opted for c in the PoB, but any of those should make a noticeable difference. Withering step is also generally not great because any action incl. Call of Steel removes your elusive buff.

3. No Witchfire Brew: It's temporary, small area, and also weaker than a 20Q Blasphemy setup. I removed this and suggest running the mana flask and Blasphemy instead.

4. No Flesh and Stone: I saw you were running Flesh and Stone + Maim. Unfortunately that combo does nothing for the build because unlike "increased physical damage", "increased physical damage taken" does not apply to poison damage from physical hits, as it is taken as chaos damage. Even if you were running it on Sand Stance I don't think it's worth because you get blind easily from tree and the 11% less damage only applies to attacks which you rarely get hit by anyways. Replaced with Herald of Purity, get Anomalous it grants the Sentinels taunt on hit.

5. No Precision: Got Accuracy & damage on tree instead. You can drop the tree nodes if you find more accuracy on gear (e.g. rerolling suffixes on your weapon)

6. Vitality lvl & LGOH: I set this back to lvl 1 so you don't lose your Watcher's Eye mod, but I highly suggest trying out Eternal Youth instead. Also I suggest getting more Life gain on hit either through ring mod or Feast of Flesh cluster jewel node (life cluster). It makes a huge difference for sustain.

7. General Tree: I removed a lot in the Shadow area because it's unfortunately terribly point inefficient. You probably went there for the elusive effect, but IMO it's not worth 4-5 points to essentially get 3% dodge/spell dodge that is conditional. Much easier to get more dodge on your gear, e.g. on boots or go for a cluster if you really want.

8. Gear upgrades (not in the PoB): The two easiest and biggest upgrades would probably be:

Example from my current char Zarion_LanceALot
I) Hunter chest with +1 curse and attack crit. It's actually incredibly easy to craft with Harvest "reroll with caster mod", if it has an open suffix "augment attack" will always hit attack crit mod. The extra curse can then come from corrupted Haemo gloves (easiest) or Hunter/Elder rings. Getting Despair on Hit Haemo should be incredibly cheap and you can switch your blasphemy to Temp Chains for safety. Alternatively Poacher's Mark on hit ring is also nice for damage, frenzies and LGOH. ~20-25% more damage

II) Large chaos cluster with "Overwhelming Malice" to get Unholy Might, which is another 20-25% more damage

9. Other: If you can get an open suffix on your helmet, the "135% increased ailment duration while focussed" is a huge damage boost as well (equivalent to 27 additional poisons inflicted), even if it means another button to push. Finally, you could change your annoint to Dirty Techniques, which is double the damage compared to your current one, or Sovereign Blade, which gives extra steel shards and call of steel use speed, allowing you to spend more time DPSing (I'm using the latter).

end of wall :)

Last edited by XxNe0xX on Mar 9, 2021, 7:37:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info