[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

"
troomar wrote:
Hi, fellow SRS player here (Raider ascendancy) :)

I like your build, but I also have some notes you may find interesting.

- I like how to resolved Ailment Immunity :D Clever way.

copied that from the HC players ;-)

"
troomar wrote:

- Your 75/65 Block Attack/Spell damage is more like 56/55 Attack/Spell damage. On bosses you can hardly achieve any reasonable uptime with your Rumi's Concoction flask. Bone offering will work but "Trigger socketed spells" isn't cheap early in the league.

Getting Falsk charges can be a challenge, true. But most of the (Map-)Bosses should be done during the Flask uptime, as long as you don't spam them...
Longer Boss fights need a little Flask management.

Got my "Trigger socketed spells" for 3C, thats as cheap as it gets.

"
troomar wrote:

- Using a shield means you're giving up +2 Wand in off hand. It's a huge DPS loss. I get it you need it for block chance and your Necro ascendancy (+2 to all minion gems) offset it a bit ... I was there and was resolving the same problem ... until I gave up on Necro :D

You can always go for a second wand, if you don't mind being more of glasscannon.
I personaly orefer a little more defence over the damage. But depends on your prefered playstyle I guess.

"
troomar wrote:

- Profane Proxy - it's a good idea, but it doesn't work. You're giving up a ring slot (with terrible bonuses) and you still need Shield Charge + Add <lightning/cold> to attacks on your gear while avoiding Add <fire> to attacks. A simple Ball Lightning - Hextouch - Flammability will do everything. And you can add Culling Strike to make it a 4-link in gloves. Shaper Gloves have Faster Casting Suffix to make it 5-link and super smooth.

Profane Proxy comes at a cost, true.
You don't need shield Charge to trigger EE, we have a LvL Storm Brand along the desecrate and Bone offering in our wand.
Adding Culling Strike to a Ball Lightning could be interessting though.

"
troomar wrote:

- Fortress Covenant + Infernal Legion is overkill. Your Fortress Covenant applies only to 1 node. Infernal Legion is a huge DPS loss. The problem you're trying to resolve is "smooth gameplay". I probably know how people play it - they charge into mobs then start casting SRS and waiting for them to pop. So called "smooth gameplay" means you won't wait that much. So you resolve it with Fortress Covenant + Infernal Legion. But this way you make it smooth only for noobs.
There is better way:
1) Get Tavukai with -17% to Chaos resistance to minions and avoid any +chaos resist to minions anywhere
2) Do some Math: <SRS_per_second> * <time_to_pop> = 20. Time to pop with only Tavukai -17% is around 4 second. So you need to cast 5 SRS per seconds. I bet you can't do it, because with your current build your SRS_per_second is 3.18 :)
3) Keep all 20 SRS up all the time. This way you won't wait for anything, they will clear all packs instantly. They will clear packs you don't see, packs you won't be able to charge into :)

Why is Using Infernal Legion a "huge DPS loss"?
Besides Fortress Covenant increasing the damage the SRS take, we also get some DPS from it.
I decided to let it only affect one node since I had the experience of the SRS dieing too fast, aka not reaching the enemies.
But considering the minus Chaos Resistance on the Tavukay you might be right, didn't think about that.

"
troomar wrote:

- In PoB you have 134% Mana reservation. I suggest to uncheck flasks in PoB and also check some debuffs, they won't be up most of the time. Sirus DPS is 500k with BiS items. It's enough to kill it, but most people will find it too low.

While Mapping your Flasks should be up nearly all the time.
Since we only have Flask for defences, it doesn't change the damage (what most people care about when cheking out a build)

The Build isn't meant to be a highend Boss killer (there are way better ones for that).
Its meant as a league starter that will enable you to kill all the Boss, for that its performing quite ok in my eyes ;-)

"
troomar wrote:

- Chaos resistance is left unresolved.

Use Harvest crafts to target craft some Chaos Resistance.

PS: I'll take the "noob" as a compliment ;-)
Poeatlas.app
Last edited by Weo_ on Jan 26, 2021, 11:02:25 AM
"
Weo_ wrote:
Got my "Trigger socketed spells" for 3C, thats as cheap as it gets.

3c is the cost of craft, but you need to learn it first. Early in the league I meant the first week. After that ofc, it's not a problem.

"
Weo_ wrote:

You don't need shield Charge to trigger EE, we have a LvL Storm Brand along the desecrate and Bone offering in our wand.

Oh I didn't see that, you're right. I was using Storm Brand too, but it affects only 3 enemies per brand. Ball lightning can apply EE + Flammability to a whole pack.

"
Weo_ wrote:

Why is Using Infernal Legion a "huge DPS loss"?

Infernal Legion is a trap. The damage does not stack, so if you have 20 SRS out it applies only 1 stack. This gem is great for leveling, but it loses it's potential very fast when you start mapping. It is "Huge DPS loss", because you can slot another gem instead - Predator, Elemental Focus or Fire Penetration. Especially Predator is great for boss fights.

"
Weo_ wrote:

PS: I'll take the "noob" as a compliment ;-)

I didn't mean it as an offense, I should have explained it better.

What I meant was when people start using a build and learn to clear maps the wrong way (aka charge - summon - wait) then later when they find out they could do better they won't find solution, because the first thing they think about is how to make SRS pop faster. But it's not the correct way. The correct way is to cast them prematurely. Then they find out that it basically doesn't matter how fast SRS pop, because they do that constantly.

That's the main reason I don't like Tavukai + Infernal Legion + Fortress Covenant. It works, but you can't get better this way. You can't improve the build any longer.
"
troomar wrote:

3c is the cost of craft, but you need to learn it first. Early in the league I meant the first week. After that ofc, it's not a problem.

True, the first few days can be tricky.

"
troomar wrote:

Oh I didn't see that, you're right. I was using Storm Brand too, but it affects only 3 enemies per brand. Ball lightning can apply EE + Flammability to a whole pack.

You sure about the 3 enemies per brand? you have three Brands that attach to enemies and all of them deal damage in an AoE, threfore all enemies within the aoe should proced with EE.
Besides that, you typically have more then enough damage to deal with normal packs. The only enemies you need EE to proc are Bosses or big Rare mobs and for that the storm Brands work just fine.

"
troomar wrote:

Infernal Legion is a trap. The damage does not stack, so if you have 20 SRS out it applies only 1 stack. This gem is great for leveling, but it loses it's potential very fast when you start mapping. It is "Huge DPS loss", because you can slot another gem instead - Predator, Elemental Focus or Fire Penetration. Especially Predator is great for boss fights.

Ok, rather a missed opportunity for more damage ;-)
I'm using Infernal Legion for the damage that is dealed to the SRS. Will give the other option a try to see how they feel.
Thanks for the Tips

"
troomar wrote:

I didn't mean it as an offense, I should have explained it better.

Non taken, don't worry!

"
troomar wrote:

What I meant was when people start using a build and learn to clear maps the wrong way (aka charge - summon - wait) then later when they find out they could do better they won't find solution, because the first thing they think about is how to make SRS pop faster. But it's not the correct way. The correct way is to cast them prematurely. Then they find out that it basically doesn't matter how fast SRS pop, because they do that constantly.

You don't have to wait for the SRS to pop, just charge to the next pack and cast the next load of SRS ;-P
But you are right, maybe not the best approach for clearing.
Poeatlas.app
The bare minimum number of timeless emblems was enough to solve the amulet problem in SSF. I think I might have enough pieces in order to start pushing endgame content now.

Also came across one of these, but I'm not sure if I'll use it.

Still missing a Rumi's and a proper chest piece, and the wand only has one useful stat aside from the crafted one. Nonetheless it seems to be going OK; I'm just hoping it'll hold up on the endgame bosses.
I understand that my equipment is still far from ideal, because I have not yet got hold of a helmet. but which is better than 6 link gems for srs?
I'm still going strong. Maps generally are fine. I feel a bit vulnerable doing maps in narrow locations, even though I have not died so far.

It's a nice build so far. Definitely limiting myself in SSFHC but it's workable.
path of exile expert
"
dboySasha wrote:
I understand that my equipment is still far from ideal, because I have not yet got hold of a helmet. but which is better than 6 link gems for srs?
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

There are a few things you could improve:

- Change MultiStrike in your SRS setup to Concentrated Effect, the rest is fine

- In your Zombies Setup Change Melee Splash, minion Speed and Feeding Frenzy to Added Fire, Combustion and Elemental Army

- You need Skitter Bots to be able to profit from the Profane Proxy Ring. I would suggest to drop the Spectres and get Skitter Bots, Clarity and Lightning Golem instead.

- try to get hold of a wand with "trigger socketed Spells when you use a Spell", or buy the craft from someone. Put Desecrate, Storm Brand and Bone Offering in there.

- if you can't get a trigger wand you could also do a Hextouch Setup to proc Flamability and Elemental Equilibrium. you will need Ball lightning, Hextouch and Flamability for that. If you do that you could drop the Profane Proxy since you would "selfcast" the flamability Curse and not use Skitter Bots for that.

Hope that helps a bit.
Poeatlas.app
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
troomar wrote:

I tried playing with Elemental Focus for a while now.
While it deffinitly deals more damage, my clearspeed suffer quite a bit.

so I will use Infernal Legion for Mapping and Swap to Elemental Focus for Big Bosses, like Shaper, Elder Sirus etc.

WIll add it to the guide at some point.
Poeatlas.app
https://pastebin.com/Srt1uHxz

Could you help me with my build? I know i dont have that my HP and I'm trying to resolve this problem, I'm still feel too squishy and I don't think that getting more hp gonna help me. Like I run bone armor 100% of the time, flasks are always up and running, but zombies die fast and so am I. Maybe I missed something?
And I still can't get ailment immunity because veiled mods suck ass.
thanks for the build. started with this and just killed a8 sirus really easy.
I like the build, you feel every upgrade you get, mapping was really smooth from white till high reds. when you are able to get ailment immunity and de-spec glancing it gets really tanky. I've almost max block with tempest shield and with flasks up 90% phys reduction tooltip. You can just jump into packs, cast srs and go on.
only thing I changed was CWDT setup, all the defense spell share cooldown with bone armour and I run that on left click.
i'll probably keep the necro to kill bosses and roll a new faster mapper :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info