[3.24] SRS Bomber aka Popcorn SRS | League Start to Endgame | All Content

Hi, I have a question regarding Elemental Ailment Immunity.

Since we are using Tempest Shield that grants "Immunity to shock" and Stormshroud that grants "chance to avoid being shocked apply to all elemental ailments", is it not enough to have immunity to all elemental ailments?

I see that the build requires a Ghastly Eye jewel with 46%+ “Chance to avoid being shock” on the Darkness Enthroned and some other 20% from somewhere else to get to 100% “Chance avoid being shocked” to work with Stormshroud.

Is this right? Can someone explain this to me?
"
AdamSpecter wrote:

Since we are using Tempest Shield that grants "Immunity to shock" and Stormshroud that grants "chance to avoid being shocked apply to all elemental ailments", is it not enough to have immunity to all elemental ailments?

I see that the build requires a Ghastly Eye jewel with 46%+ “Chance to avoid being shock” on the Darkness Enthroned and some other 20% from somewhere else to get to 100% “Chance avoid being shocked” to work with Stormshroud.

Avoidance and Immunity are 2 different things.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Avoidance

From the Mighty Wiki:

Chance to Avoid being Shocked applies to all Elemental Ailments requires a character to stack 100+% Chance to Avoid being Shocked (or Chance to Avoid all Elemental Ailments) to grant immunity to all elemental ailments.
Note that items, skills, or passives which grant Immunity to Shock (e.g.Tempest Shield) or Cannot be Shocked (e.g. Fairgraves' Tricorne) are not considered as 100% Chance to Avoid being Shocked and thus do not have any interaction with this jewel's effects.[1] See ailment defences for more information.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Stormshroud
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
"
Katastruff wrote:
"
AdamSpecter wrote:

Avoidance and Immunity are 2 different things.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Avoidance

From the Mighty Wiki:

Chance to Avoid being Shocked applies to all Elemental Ailments requires a character to stack 100+% Chance to Avoid being Shocked (or Chance to Avoid all Elemental Ailments) to grant immunity to all elemental ailments.
Note that items, skills, or passives which grant Immunity to Shock (e.g.Tempest Shield) or Cannot be Shocked (e.g. Fairgraves' Tricorne) are not considered as 100% Chance to Avoid being Shocked and thus do not have any interaction with this jewel's effects.[1] See ailment defences for more information.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Stormshroud

In the the past tempest shield said something like "avoid being shocked"

They did change the wording on tempest shield to reflect that it does in fact not work with stormshroud.

Regarding the avoid getting shocked in the guide:
You can always get that from other places on your gear, it doesn't have to be on the jewel.
I chose to take the jewel since we can utilize the 75% increased effect from the belt that way.
Afaik the eater influence can give shock avoidance on some gear pieces, combined with some "chance to avoid elemental ailments" from eg the shield you could potentially drop the stat on the jewel.
Poeatlas.app
Thank you for the explanation. I ended up getting Stormshroud with jewel and boots with chance to avoid being shocked. Dropping the mix of flasks i needed to mash all whenever my hp started going down felt nice :)
I had some currency leftover at the end of this league, so I tried to craft some more Gear for the Build.

besides the "Elemental Weakness on Hit" Ring and the Shield every piece can be crafted with reasonable RNG.

I will include the steps in the guide once I update it for 3.21

Spoiler

Spoiler

Poeatlas.app
Last edited by Weo_ on Apr 4, 2023, 3:44:00 PM
"
The Formless Inferno Unique Helmet no longer has "8% of Physical Damage from hits taken as Fire Damage", "Armour is increased by Overcapped Fire Resistance", or 80-120% increased Armour. It now has +60-100 to Maximum Life (previously 40-50), Minion Life is increased by Overcapped Fire Resistance and Socketed Skills are supported by level 30 Infernal Legion.

This build looks like it's gonna be juicy this upcoming league.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
The Formless Inferno Unique Helmet no longer has "8% of Physical Damage from hits taken as Fire Damage", "Armour is increased by Overcapped Fire Resistance", or 80-120% increased Armour. It now has +60-100 to Maximum Life (previously 40-50), Minion Life is increased by Overcapped Fire Resistance and Socketed Skills are supported by level 30 Infernal Legion.

I haven't had time to check the patchnotes yet, but that sounds undead nice.
Now we only need that chest from Empy ;-)

Poeatlas.app
"
Weo_ wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
"

Yeah waiting for POB to update, it would be interesting to see if it's better than using a rare helmet.

It would also be interesting to see if Cheiftan is better with fire resistance support in the ascendency, could do phys taken as fire shenanigans as well to get very tanky.

---

We would put Skitterbots or Animate Guardian in the helmet, right? Wouldn't make sense to put the SRS in there since we don't want them using infernal legion?
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Mar 31, 2023, 3:40:39 AM
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Weo_ wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

Yeah waiting for POB to update, it would be interesting to see if it's better than using a rare helmet.

It would also be interesting to see if Cheiftan is better with fire resistance support in the ascendency, could do phys taken as fire shenanigans as well to get very tanky.

---

We would put Skitterbots or Animate Guardian in the helmet, right? Wouldn't make sense to put the SRS in there since we don't want them using infernal legion?

I wouldn't put the AG in the Helmet since he will be taking constant damage, I wouldn't risk him dieing and loosing the items.
Skitterbots on the otherhand can't die, so them "taking damage" from infernal Legion isn't a problem.

putting SRS in the Helmet would free up the Amulet slot, since the Infernal Legion will make the SRS reach low life.
But you would need to take care to not give the SRS too much fire Resistance (eg. from "Commander of Darkness")

It will be interessting figuring out how to probably scale it, I'll like wont have the time to tinker it out.
I'll stick to the "classic" variant. ;-)
Poeatlas.app
Going over the patchnotes, the only change that I have noticed so far that directly effects the Build is

- The Darkness Enthroned Unique Belt now has 50-100% increased Effect of Socketed Abyss Jewels (previously 75%).

--> With a good roll, this is a buff!

besides that, the changes to "The Formless Inferno" could enabled another flavor of scaling the damage of the SRS. I wonÄt have the time to look into it though.

I will update the Guide once PoB is updated.
Poeatlas.app

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info