Stepped into a portal and died

I joined a party and stepped into the portal and when my loading screen was done I was dead. I have went through portals in parties before and everytime I finish loading I have a 6 second safe time. Is there anyway i can get a reroll because that was not a fair death what so ever.
Hey there Deadlytokez,

Very sorry to hear that you lost your character in this way :(

Did the loading screen take longer than normal or something?

Unfortunately we cannot restore your lost character.
The game is still in beta and there will be bugs, sometimes those bugs will be deadly.
Well my computer isnt very good for gaming and it usually takes a long time to load but even so the safe timer usually starts when i get into the game. But tht being said I understand and ill continue on softcore, thanks for letting me know.
Are there any significant arguments that speak against a longer grace period (like 30 seconds)?
Until they fix load times, and or the grace period, I suggest that if your load to an unknown/unsafe area takes longer than 8 seconds, that you disconnect your internet so that you DC from the game. I've noticed that the grace period expires after about 10 seconds of loading after the music changes.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Mar 29, 2013, 6:10:25 PM
"
Are there any significant arguments that speak against a longer grace period (like 30 seconds)?

Yes. That would be way too long - it's supposed to be just a couple seconds to react. With 30 seconds you'd have waaay too much time to either kill monsters with no risk, or run through areas of dangerous monsters, making progress with little effort and no risk.

It would seriously make it a worthwhile "strategy" to stock up on portal scrolls and fight bosses while invulnerable, and "portal hop" your way across dangerous zones. Races would be a joke.

And if you make it so you can't do damage while you're invulnerable, you'll also be slowing everyone else down by a *lot,* frustrating people that they're attacking and not accomplishing anything, ect. PLEASE NO.
Last edited by sparklemotionz on Mar 30, 2013, 1:22:41 AM
"
"

Yes. That would be way too long - it's supposed to be just a couple seconds to react. With 30 seconds you'd have waaay too much time to either kill monsters with no risk, or run through areas of dangerous monsters, making progress with little effort and no risk.

It would seriously make it a worthwhile "strategy" to stock up on portal scrolls and fight bosses while invulnerable, and "portal hop" your way across dangerous zones. Races would be a joke.

And if you make it so you can't do damage while you're invulnerable, you'll also slowing everyone else down by a *lot,* frustrating people that they're attacking and not accomplishing anything, ect. PLEASE NO.

the invulnerability is removed if you attack or move.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Why have the timer at all? Why not simply have the invuln. until the person actually does something....At worst it means someone can hold an instance open indefinitely without fear of death, and if that's an issue just put in a 30min afk kick or something.
"
Spacke wrote:

Hmm, OP said his timer usually starts when he actually enters the zone and this time there was no timer at all. Probably a bug then? Increasing the timer wouldn't have any effect if a bug prevents the timer from starting in the first place.
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
I had my first loading screen death in the current 1 week race. Solo, Cruel prison, TP'd to town near a bunch of benign skeletons. On the way back it took abnormally long to load, but i didn't really think much of it. When the zone appeared i was at 5% health and didn't have time to react. Dead.

Left a bad taste in my mouth, but lesson learned, i will never TP near mobs unless i have to. Still refuse to lower my settings and worsen my gameplay experience. Though it could be argued that dying to loading screen death is a worse gameplay experience than Minecraft mode. :P

Also, today in a 3 hour race, something happened that worries me a bit. Was farming Western Forest, and one time zoning into Dark Forest took a little longer than usual. When it finally appeared, there was a lone yellow mob wailing on me. So it seems that when there are nearby mobs, it actually takes longer to load, which exarcebates the problem doesn't it? No mobs, no danger, loads fine. Mobs, danger, loads slow. :P
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Mar 31, 2013, 1:45:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info