Playing solo or with party, which is better for exp?

As for loot drops, I can start to see why D3 went for personalized drops. No one complains about the unfairness of the higher DPS characters here yet...no critical mass of people seeing this way as unfair yet. Although often we just ignore every drop and rush through the level!

I notice my levelling is much faster partying though, a suitable tradeoff while they grab all the loot.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
I use a 2player party to level up and i do well with it.
The 2nd is just a leecher waiting at the start of the map.

For me its 175%exp for just 150% mob hp.
I don't need to rerun any map because my level is allways equal or +1 moblvl.
Compared to solo which is mostly -2 to -1 moblvl.

I get
- more challenge
- +75% exp
- +50% IIQ (LOOT!)
- no need for rerun

I lose
- -33%dmg (thats what a increased +50%mobhp is at the view of the "killer")

Imo its more then just a win win.

Overall i think a 2 player party for solo is the best.
And thats what i'll do with release, creating 2 accs.

A command like "/players x" whould be nice because with this everyone can adjust the difficult by themself.
Right now its a bit like a party exploid.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Yeah initially I was puzzled by the Level ones in merciless (I made a thread about it). Its similar to the mulitboxing issue.

I am considering this as well. Looking at the upper levels I have seen 3 leecher accounts for a level 70 plus player. Wait for the open beta for this, no point doing this now with the upcoming wipe. Also no news concerning this from GGG = tacit approval :)

Why limit yourself to one? Why not 5? And level up quickly, Oh and teh L0Ot!

Be ready for the Farmers and the inflatory economy! :)
It'll be like Dungeon Defenders all over again! :D
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
I am considering this as well. Looking at the upper levels I have seen 3 leecher accounts for a level 70 plus player. Wait for the open beta for this, no point doing this now with the upcoming wipe. Also no news concerning this from GGG = tacit approval :)

Given this they might as well just enable a "players X" command. That way ppl who don't want to go to the trouble can also do it. And those that go to the trouble can go through less trouble.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 29, 2012, 2:53:48 PM
"
unsane wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Given this they might as well just enable a "players X" command. That way ppl who don't want to go to the trouble can also do it. And those that go to the trouble can go through less trouble.

Yeah, the best way to get exp and loot is to get 5 low-level characters idling in your instance while you kill everything. I hope the devs fix this with difficulties.

Apart from Diablo 2, one good implementation of this done in an MMO is in Lord of the Rings Online (though the game itself is a lot more boring than Path of Exile so don't bother checking it out, trust me on this one). When you enter an instance, you can play on a difficulty appropriate for your party size, or you can use various means of raising the difficulty above normal. However, you can't lower the difficulty below your party size. For example, if you have party of 3, you can play in a difficulty of party size 4, but you can't play in a difficulty of party size 2.
Last edited by Silty on Apr 29, 2012, 5:10:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info