[3.13] Ignite Fireball/FW Agnostic Trickster. NO CLUSTERS REQ. LVL Guide. ScorchingRayVerInc

"
Dheim wrote:
Earlier in this league I played another Trickster FB/FW build and like in your original post I found it to be too squishy. Problem was I loved the playstyle. This build is so much tankier and all of the playstyle is there still, so it feels like the best of both worlds. I found it really hard to max out resistances without spending a fortune but otherwise I really love it! Thanks for this one!

yeah because of all the BiS and uniques in the build resistances do get tight. its why i have so many resistances on jewels. i found them to be cheaper to buy without having to sacrifice life/mana like you'd need to do on gear

glad you find this version to be way tankier. i also super enjoy the playstyle. i think i'll be sticking with this build for quite awhile, but im hoping they buff up some things like caustic arrow and definitely scorching ray to compensate for the crazy power flame wall introduced.

hopefully other than just straight up nerfing flame wall, which i see as very possible
Your POB shows you going down to Unwavering Stance, and you comment on the first page about using it, but your actual character doesn't path down to it. Which one do you recommend? Are you getting your stun immunity somewhere else?
"
Dheim wrote:
Your POB shows you going down to Unwavering Stance, and you comment on the first page about using it, but your actual character doesn't path down to it. Which one do you recommend? Are you getting your stun immunity somewhere else?

i tested a slightly different tree. im not playing PoE anymore for this league so i haven't bothered fiddling around with it much anymore.

either one will work. unwavering stance is 100% required for leveling and early maps but once you get up to like level 95ish maybe it isn't as required. you can drop it to allocate more life (which also gives you some all res and ignite chance on the way) and just pick up Soul of the Brine King to not get stunlocked.

you do still get stunned and it is noticeable - something not everyone will tolerate, but it hasn't caused me any deaths as of my test time.

as i say though, build guides should be more like templates and not a paint by numbers. you don't need to literally mimic 100% of every passive and piece of gear i use. feel free to tinker around and implement changes or improvements if you feel something would be an improvement.

i think i'd say i prefer not using unwavering stance overall for a few reasons.
#1 you get all res and ignite chance with the added passives. big bonus
#2 you get more life with the added passives, which also lowers your affinity to stun
#3 unwavering stance means you cannot evade any attack ever. not having it means you can
#4 you won't get stunlocked anyway, with brine king pantheon
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 22, 2020, 12:29:47 PM
just wondering, will u get more tanky if u use indigon?
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
"
helloicanseeu wrote:
just wondering, will u get more tanky if u use indigon?

not sure. you would gain a ton of life regen but you'd lose your mana pool, which also acts as a life pool.
and the inc spell damage gained doesn't even help with fireballs ignite, though it would boost the damage from flamewall.

except you'd lose all the automatic effect from kitava's which is a massive QoL for casting burdensome bullshit.

and the ES has no effect because of agnostic. overall i'd say its a bad choice of a helmet for this version of the build
another build that works well with very similar tree and the same gear is scorching ray over ignite fireball.

i've always loved scorching ray but it just never feels great to use because you need to stand still and sweep the screen and that usually ends up with your brains splattered all over the ground. well attempting scorching ray now and it actually feels pretty good.

still not a great meta skill because of its many faults but i really enjoy the playstyle and the DPS is actually quite high.
if you like to micromanage RF and vRF button presses you can actually get upwards of 15+ million sirus DPS between max stack scorching ray and flamewall (used to supplement single target DPS).
without doing that though its still like 8-9m dps. so pretty damn high for a DoT build, im quite surprised.

what i like most about SR and FW is that they don't hit. at all. so ele reflect and everything is completely fine to run.
so for the mayhem event i actually played this build as well. i tried it starting with scorching ray and leveling up with SR until level 80 when you can use stormfire.

leveling with flamewall and scorching ray went super well. extremely well. up until maps. i wouldn't push it until level 80 before swapping to fireball, but getting to maps with SR works amazingly well.

i'll upload a video or two of my clearing some maps (i think the highest tier map i have right now is t6) and just showcase how well this build works as a league starter.

i have about 100c invested into my gear. i struck gold on a belt which i found, and everything is self found except buying my searing touch which was like 15c, my atziri's foible which was like 45c, my kitavas thirst which was 1c. i luckily 5 linked the staff myself with about 10 jewellers and 1 fusing, but factoring that as an added cost i'd say its like 100c investment.

Current Gear

Current PoB
https://pastebin.com/LgmywGNf
Updating this build, both numerically for the fire version, and to split the guide into TWO versions of the build. FIRE or ignite version, as well as ICE or cold DoT version using Vortex and Cold Snap. basically everything remains the same - tree and gear, just swapping key skills/gear (weapon, ring, helmet) and you're off.

i'll also be including a pretty in depth leveling guide which i'll have completed before 3.13 release. im leveling multiple characters now to test and gather the most accurate reliable data i can on exactly what skills to get and when, and exactly what points to get and when, in order to make leveling an absolute breeze throughout the acts
doing this for BOTH versions, though they're extremely similar and is more depending on gear stats as you pick it up.
"
xMustard wrote:
Updating this build, both numerically for the fire version, and to split the guide into TWO versions of the build. FIRE or ignite version, as well as ICE or cold DoT version using Vortex and Cold Snap. basically everything remains the same - tree and gear, just swapping key skills/gear (weapon, ring, helmet) and you're off.

i'll also be including a pretty in depth leveling guide which i'll have completed before 3.13 release. im leveling multiple characters now to test and gather the most accurate reliable data i can on exactly what skills to get and when, and exactly what points to get and when, in order to make leveling an absolute breeze throughout the acts
doing this for BOTH versions, though they're extremely similar and is more depending on gear stats as you pick it up.

Looking forward to your guides especially the one for a tanky trickster cold dot build.
Could you share some details about key items and pathing for that one?

Could you also share the vids you made for the fireball build?
we;re watching out for them! really great build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info