[3.16] Dark Pact Totems | The smoothest spell totem skill around, now post-nerf updated

"
Azbroolah wrote:
"
kibbeh wrote:

You shouldn't spread misinformation if you don't know what you are talking about.

1. Atziri's Reflection
2. Sources of reduced curse effect:
Kikazaru: 40%
Sanctum of Thought passive: 20%
Asylum passive: 20%
Shaper and Crusader rings: 20-35%

So as before, 2x kikzarau and Sanctum of Thought gives Curse immunity.
Could also do 2x Shaper/Crusader rings and the two passive wheels.

Strictly speaking 2x Kikazaru and Sanctum/Asylum wheel doesn't actually give you curse immunity, just 100% reduced curse effect. So any curses that are applied with increased effectiveness (including map mods) will still affect you, just at lower effectiveness. You could stack all of the effects to get 120% (140% while on consecrated ground) reduced curse effectiveness, but that still wouldn't fully mitigate red map-tier curse mods. Atziri's definitely still works though.

Also, consecrated ground from Holy Flame Totem grants curse immunity 😂

You're right. They are mostly a tool until you get better options.
infused chaneling doesn't seem to work with holy flame totem unfortunately, not sure why it's showing on story-mode option
"
willianvon wrote:
infused chaneling doesn't seem to work with holy flame totem unfortunately, not sure why it's showing on story-mode option

Sorry it was a 3.15 change to the gem. The "Infusion" bonus never was granted to the totem, but the gem could still be used as a source of More Damage. In 3.15 even that has been removed.

I intend to clean up the POBs, again, once the dust has settled and people start posting what they like. I'm not playing 3.15 so I'll be needing feedback from everyone.
Last edited by BlueeGreg on Jul 24, 2021, 8:26:34 AM
"
BlueeGreg wrote:
"
willianvon wrote:

Sorry it was a 3.15 change to the gem. The "Infusion" bonus never was granted to the totem, but the gem could still be used as a source of More Damage. In 3.15 even that has been removed.

I intend to clean up the POBs, again, once the dust has settled and people start posting what they like. I'm not playing 3.15 so I'll be needing feedback from everyone.

Oh I see, no worries, I'm using a very similar pob but trying a new skill instead, hope it works out, still doing campaign so right now I'm using Freezing pulse as main damage but dmg overall doesn't seem that good =(
"
kibbeh wrote:
"
Azbroolah wrote:
"
kibbeh wrote:

You shouldn't spread misinformation if you don't know what you are talking about.

1. Atziri's Reflection
2. Sources of reduced curse effect:
Kikazaru: 40%
Sanctum of Thought passive: 20%
Asylum passive: 20%
Shaper and Crusader rings: 20-35%

So as before, 2x kikzarau and Sanctum of Thought gives Curse immunity.
Could also do 2x Shaper/Crusader rings and the two passive wheels.

Strictly speaking 2x Kikazaru and Sanctum/Asylum wheel doesn't actually give you curse immunity, just 100% reduced curse effect. So any curses that are applied with increased effectiveness (including map mods) will still affect you, just at lower effectiveness. You could stack all of the effects to get 120% (140% while on consecrated ground) reduced curse effectiveness, but that still wouldn't fully mitigate red map-tier curse mods. Atziri's definitely still works though.

Also, consecrated ground from Holy Flame Totem grants curse immunity 😂

You're right. They are mostly a tool until you get better options.

Soul of yugul also gives 20%
is there going to be a tree for 3.15? or a forbiten rite option?
"
sockgr wrote:
is there going to be a tree for 3.15? or a forbiten rite option?

People seem to like Zizaran's POB and brief guide for Forbidden Rite totems, available here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTROcadhU9Y
https://pastebin.com/zJUG1BEk
wanna ask why Zizaran's build didnt use Multiple Totems
why fast casting.. and no great volly?
"
SaberLee wrote:
wanna ask why Zizaran's build didnt use Multiple Totems
why fast casting.. and no great volly?

Hard for me to know without playing the skill myself and having a proper character, but I can try to answer.

He probably skips Greater Volley because it doesn't help his single target DPS, in fact it lowers it significantly. There also isn't a good green gem to gem-swap here for beefy bosses, so you're stuck with not very useful 2nd green socket. If you had a white socket here, a gem swap from GVP into Conc for bosses would be quite reasonable.

Faster Casting gives decent DPS, according to his POB. Casting speed also makes your totems feel more like a machine gun, which was the case with Dark Pact and really helped with clearing, as you were over-killing trash anyway. Forbidden Rite... the faster casting means your totems will nuke themselves quicker and it still doesn't make your projectiles fly any faster. So, I would avoid Faster Casting, but it depends on how Forbidden Rite feels!!

Multiple Totem Support has been underestimated every since it was released. I considered it an auto-include back when Hiero was redundant with it, and it's now even more of an auto-include because its one of the few support gems that received ZERO NERFS. The only time to not use Multiple Totem Support is during early Acts, when the Less Damage multiplier is quite large and you don't have enough links to make up the initial damage hit. Once you are 6-linked, you need to be running this.

Though he likes having a bonus totem casting Wither for him, which 'steals' the Multiple Totem Support away from his Forbidden Rite. I think that is a poor choice, and self-cast alt-qual Wither is more than capable instead.
hi thanks very much help a lot

Fast Casting and Great Volly doesnt help in boss flight.

btw i'm using one medium cluster jewel with project damage(Shrieking Blots and Streamlinkd)

seems help the prject throwing fast also totem can tanut ememies

still trying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info