3.12 PvP balance

"
To ensure Heist and the new skills receive the necessary QA time, we will be providing PvP balance changes in a followup patch shortly after the launch of 3.12.0

And now we have

"
Flame Wall's primary burning effect now has an attack time override of 1 second, and its secondary burning effect now has an attack time override of 0.2 seconds.
Burning Ground created by the unique belt Replica Siegebreaker has an attack time override of 5 seconds.
Herald of Thunder now has an attack time override of 0.25 seconds.
Magma Orb now deals 50% less damage to players (from 30% less).
Swiftbrand Support now causes supported skills to deal 45% less damage to players.

This bullshit has not received any QA time.
What the actual fuck? A month is a bit more than "shortly after". You could've at least reconsider the 0.2 value of a dot skill but you slapped it in on a new dot skill instead. WTF?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 14, 2020, 2:28:03 AM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2020, 7:55:49 AM
I am surprise discharge is not on the list. It s busted and it is just a matter of time before people start using it in mass.

some steel impale skills are ridiculous as well.
Forum pvp
for reference:
5l Flame Wall tooltip
6l Scorching Ray tooltip

The target has 75% fire res, no excessive damage reduction, and is affected by Frost Bomb, EE, Flame Wall and 8 stages of SR.

The result:

The target takes no fucking damage.
You are incompetent and clueless in general if you're allowing the long awaited balance patch to be executed in such poor manner. I seriously recommend you to check if your QA team even has PoE client installed.
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 14, 2020, 8:08:32 AM
It is still bugged and instakills if you apply it through projectiles..

GGG, please pull yourself together and find a middle ground.
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 14, 2020, 10:06:25 AM

"
a_z0_9 wrote:

Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
I am surprise discharge is not on the list. It s busted and it is just a matter of time before people start using it in mass.

some steel impale skills are ridiculous as well.

they need to check many skills specially those with big aoe and those with mines support , Bl , GC , lightning warp

and now Steel skills + Replica dreamfeather + Call of Steel , is like mines , offscreen and oneshot you with physic reflect dmg ( i tested and the aoe is not so big like BL+mines but still oneshot ) probably can oneshot guys with 75% avoidance builds in standard
Last edited by EspadaDelPanico on Oct 15, 2020, 5:05:58 PM
"
lolozori wrote:

"
a_z0_9 wrote:

LOL
No investment needed whatsoever..
Anyone/everyone can do it and are doing it! LOL
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
Last edited by xweezyfbaby3x on Oct 14, 2020, 2:45:33 PM
From experience, there's no middle ground, either the nerf is too little, or too harsh to the extend of killing the skill completely. More often than not, its the latter. They also need to consider looking at defenses.

Edit : I also don't feel impale is busted or maybe a little on the new skills, however they always come at a cost. You could also utilize reduced reflected damage taken crafts from rings/chest or even from an ascendancy. Physical damage is really a good counter vs divine flesh PvP archetypes.

IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Oct 15, 2020, 2:47:57 AM
"
relithh wrote:
From experience, there's no middle ground, either the nerf is too little, or too harsh to the extend of killing the skill completely. More often than not, its the latter. They also need to consider looking at defenses.

Edit : I also don't feel impale is busted or maybe a little on the new skills, however they always come at a cost. You could also utilize reduced reflected damage taken crafts from rings/chest or even from an ascendancy. Physical damage is really a good counter vs divine flesh PvP archetypes.

To be fair physical damage is really horrible in all forms in pvp.. It can be countered so easily with very little investment. It really isnt a good solution against divine flesh.

Whereas even if you take divine flesh as granted, there are very limited ways to reduce elemental damage and almost everything comes at a huge cost so you can't even combine everything.

Last edited by lapiz on Oct 15, 2020, 4:32:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info