Crushjob's D2 Trapsin - Arc Totem Hierophant - Templar League Starter Build Guide 3.12

"
megnvaughn wrote:
Why do we run a PCoC on the totems? Doesn't that just grant them a power charge? and totems have a max charges of 0?

It gives you 4% spell power per power charge and we always have 6 power charges up thanks to our ascendancy, and that's without void batteries.

BUT, I have been running Increased Critical Strikes Support in its place as I don't think I'm going to go the void battery direction.

That 6th link option is definitely open to experiment with!

Would a trap setup with wave of conviction be worth putting together, given that it would reliably trigger lightning exposure?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
Crushjobs wrote:
"
Programysh wrote:
I love arc totem, played it during delirium, done all content simulacrum W20, A8 Sirus deathless, even halls of Grandmasters L16 (not deathless), however the only content that a could not done was uber atziri. her AoE fire damage was too much to sustain.
As you see, the gem setup is different, i use two golems (Damage and life), other things for QoL like phase run was very important to dodge boss (especially Sirus). Devoto for speed and chaos res. Everything for comfort play :)

Here what it was, maybe it will be interesting to look:

Great to know arc totems can handle A8 Sirus!

Your build looks killer! I'm loving the idea of Atziri's Reflection and Essence Worm... I need to look into getting that setup! I've got a few questions for ya, would love some advice on how to tweak this thing into an end game beast.

-How are you running 2 golems?

-I was running phase run before, it's so nice. Would like to get it back into the build somehow.

-Interesting choice with Devoto's... the build really could use that move
speed and chaos res is a nice bonus.

-I find it hard to drop my CWDT-Steelskin setup, but I know I'm missing out on some juicy Arcane Cloak - lvl 20 Arcane Surge action. I guess you just have to get used to hard casting your guard skill? I hate getting blasted by a big pack of monsters and having to stop to play piano flask AND also hit my guard skill at the same time, sometimes it's too late by the time I can press it.

-How do you feel about a Shield Charge - Fortify setup? Would be nice to have that fortify buff, but not being able to dash over ledges just sounds so clunky.

Any chance you could link us your passive tree and/or a pob link?

Thank you for dropping by and adding some good feedback to the guide!
Happy Zapping!

Thank you for your feedback. You can see the tree and jewel (Self flaggelation jewel is mandatory for this kind of build) it is here in my profile "MouseEatsCat" character.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgdjCPQOSA_EEFgRDxGWFkAWbxbzHNwdFB8CIG4i9CY8J4MpTyoLKhMrJiycL50ycTbFOhY7Pzt8QZZDyEWdRv5JUUyzTq5PBFAwUw5TUlVLVcZYbVorW6Bd8l8qYShh4mQzZp5oWmjyahtqQ2u3bAttGXBSdhF8DnxLf8aCm4Pbg_OFMoV9hoKGyonTjDaOZI8aj0aP-pMnlS6WdJrgoS-iAKKjo_KnCKdVp_iuEq6zrv-xNrb6tzi4yrmTvOq-isBmwwnDE8aKy73QH9D11abYJNte42Ljauvk6-7r9e_r8B_w1fId9fr3pvrS_rM=?accountName=Programysh&characterName=MouseEatsCat

I Minmaxed the tree to maximise damage in PoB.

However, due to heist gems the damage can be buffed.
One way to increase damage is usage of double gem level amulet (however it can be very expensive). the main key is casting arcane clock to boost damage.

I tried two builds this league (flicker strike and shrapnel ballista hiero) but feels that this arc totem build was one of the most convenient to play. The best was Caustic arror/toxic rain trickster, but it was in Harvest with mirror tier crafted gear. Arc totem was not so effective for bossing, but clearspeed was insane for budget gear (most expensive is Atziri reflection, but nowdays it quite affordable).

Two golems + two siphoning traps gives a boost to life regen and enemy freezing and culling strike source. I experimented a lot. Two golems bue to Notable "Golem Commander".

BTW, here is totally insane arc totem build https://pastebin.com/Uqy0yC6H
it is from Harvest, so it is impossible to get such equipment. It uses cluster jewels and +2 skill ammy, its damage is insane several times more then my build, but i think it costs ~10mirrors :(

There once was an exile who found a map of infinite doctors.
Last edited by Programysh on Oct 20, 2020, 5:15:21 PM
"
Would a trap setup with wave of conviction be worth putting together, given that it would reliably trigger lightning exposure?

Yes it would actually!

Even better, I think, is a Spell Totem > Multiple Totems > Wave of Conviction setup. This gives us lightning exposure AND also scales with our Ritual Awakening ascendancy ( 3% more damage per summoned totem, mana & life regen per summoned totem ). For some reason, the Multiple Totems support makes them not count towards our Arc totem limit.

So now with this setup, I currently can have 4 Arc Totems up and 2 Wave of Conviction totems up at the same time, giving me 6 active totems.

A hidden bonus is they act as 2 more meat shields to soak up projectiles,
but mainly we're using it for the lightning exposure and ascendancy scaling.

Give it a try, I'm loving it so far!
Last edited by Crushjobs on Nov 8, 2020, 3:33:28 PM
Glad (and surprised!) to hear this has worked out so well.

Good luck!
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Hello, first id like to tahnk your for the work you put into the guide, Iappreciate it!

Ive done serveral builds over several leagues but never played a totem build, so I have a few questions:

- Whats the best weapon set-up? Double Void Battery? They are quite
cheap now.
- Are Defences enough to survive? I experienced issues with characters
relying only on high EHP, without having any armour or evasion.
(Maybe thats the reason you dont go double VB and take a shield?)
- Is it better to go with Atziri's Reflection or double curse reduction
rings?
- What about Cluster Jewels? Not needed/ enough benefit?
- I guess Arc was chosen because it has strong clear and build in single target
scaling? Are there spells with more single target output?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
I've been looking to switch over from Divine Ire totems to something else, and this build looks like a great fit.

One question though: since you don't have multi-totems in your arc setup...do you find it challenging to get out your max totem numbers quickly? Just curious why you chose not to use it (not a dig, I'm genuinely curious)

Any 3.13 update insight?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info