New Skill Effects - Celestial Discharge, Automaton Ball Lightning, Transcendence Blade Vortex and Stygian Firestorm

I like the Ball Lightning effects. I swapped them for Fireballs this league but perhaps they will come back to my build
"
Theoutlaw21 wrote:

im enjoying the league quite much actuall

I'm genuinely curious. What do you enjoy about this league?

At first I enjoyed it though the mechanics were kinda sideways. Avoiding Patrols and such was fun and a good break in play style from the rest of the game.

After the patch though I can't really find any difference between Heist and Mapping except Heist doesn't have other league mechanics integrated so it's even more stale.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
I really like the stygian theme, however, I hate the excessive skulls on every effect.

Would be like if automaton effects made a circuit board appear every time you used it.
Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.
I like the firestorm effect... But I have a firestorm hierophant with the following links:

It looks cooler with the classic siege firestorm and there won't be so many skulls on the ground...

And of course pyre and call of the brotherhood, for conversion... the links will be put in pledge of hands later on...
Stygian firestorm is very nice. but I have a small critique, and this leads into other similar critiques also.

effects like burning should match the skill, in this case the fire should be blue.

similarly on effects like celestial caustic arrow, the poison cloud should have been changed to fit the reskin, there should not still be a bright green cloud.

Maybe this is something they're looking to change in PoE2, I don't know, but it would be great if these issues could be addressed at some point.

thanks.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
"
Xzorn wrote:
"
Theoutlaw21 wrote:

im enjoying the league quite much actuall

I'm genuinely curious. What do you enjoy about this league?

At first I enjoyed it though the mechanics were kinda sideways. Avoiding Patrols and such was fun and a good break in play style from the rest of the game.

After the patch though I can't really find any difference between Heist and Mapping except Heist doesn't have other league mechanics integrated so it's even more stale.

Heists have plenty of interesting items to farm and the loot is definitely better than it is in maps.
The alert level is still there, just not as punishing/irritating.
"
Fapmobile wrote:

Heists have plenty of interesting items to farm and the loot is definitely better than it is in maps.
The alert level is still there, just not as punishing/irritating.

I was curious aside from loot. Loot is part of an ARPG but I wouldn't really think it's the "enjoyable" part. More something you get while you enjoy the actual game. Esp in a League.

My characters are pretty much dead after a league so the amount of loot I get is little more than an expression of the build I want to make.

The Alert level has no interactive mechanic anymore. It only serves to tell the player "Pick X out of Y Boxes to Loot". I find this worse than maps since you can actually do poorly and get less rewards for most mechanics where as Heist it doesn't matter. Just get out alive.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
the loot isnt better than in maps and u can lose everything if u die so just waste your time... nothing like lose a exalted moving in a door and get one shot... plus most of the boxes are not that great (armor, weapon, talisman are complete useless, metamorph a bad one too)

and the gameplay is really bad you just wait the door open while appear 200 mobs in the other side when appear a totem that make the mobs immortal is really a battle against 200 in a door and keep appearing more and more till the game crash and u need see projectiles coming in the middle of 200 mobs.
i avoid maps with small halls and opening doors with a lot of mobs and heist is this all over.

The best rewards are in the grand heist cause u can open more wings and target a loot but the system is so expensive take 4-5k coins +500-600 right now i have 100 coins u need spam more than 15 heist to do 1 grand heist or use a lot of itens with reduced ring cut and reduce fee, but then u lose job speed and need wait more this boring gameplay
Last edited by Mokurp on Sep 28, 2020, 6:22:27 PM
FIX PARADOXICA DOUBLE DAMAGE NOT WORKING
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
Discharge and BV look really nice. Hope we see a lot more celestial and transcendence effects in the future, specifically glacial cascade and Crackling Lance hint hint ggg :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info