Righteous Fire Spell Totem Hierophant 3.12 (Yes this works and its amazing)

swift affliction can not support spell totem righteous fire by the way.....
Links for PoB doesnt work, shows code 404 error.
PoB link not working..?? :)
Here's a PoB Fork Link for how I would build it, not including leveling steps.

https://pastebin.com/i83qzwtL
Swift affliction works because of the duration tag that is on the Spell totem gem.
"
allthepoe wrote:

Swift affliction works because of the duration tag that is on the Spell totem gem.
"
K33LIN wrote:
The concept of the build seems cool and I'd definitely try it, but some of the gear choices seen weird and the damage doesn't make sense. This might be solved when the PoB actually works but for not I'll comment on the problems I see without it.

Firstly, why the Pyre Rings and Xophs Blood???
I understand the burning damage helps but the conversion doesn't help whatsoever as RF is a pure fire damage over time skill which means conversion doesn't work at all (especially cold conversion since there's no cold damage in the build).
Its the same thing with Xophs Blood, the only slightly useful thing on that is the 10% fire pen because nothing else on that amulet gives this build anything at all.

Next your "damage calculation"
In the guide you say 1.5 Million Dps. And unless you have a magical skill tree and more than perfect items I don't see how that number is possible. In my testing using a level 100 tree that focuses solely on damage, using a 6 link, with maxed out god gear, I was barely able to break 1 million.

So I would love to see your PoB because I love the concept but I don't see how the build is actually viable.

Righteous Fire damage is Burning damage, If you look at the Quality flavor text of the gem it say % increase burning damage. Pyre Rings and Searing touch both add to the damage.

Xoph's Blood benefit comes from the "Cover enemies in Ash" portion. Which
causes them to take increased fire damage and have less movement speed.

The problem I see with it is Avatar of fire. This takes away the ability to use Elemental equilibrium. This guy hasnt included it in the build anyway but it is a big damage boost when you are using orb of storms to curse.
"
apitura wrote:
"
allthepoe wrote:

I dont know where you see a duration tag...

And i guess i found your mistake KrispyPanini.

1. You choose to activate Vaal Righteous Fire in your calculation. This spell has a duration tag and this is why swift affliction works with it, BUT your totems dont use Vaal skills by default. When i turn the vaal one off and activate RF as it is, you are at 264k Sirius total damage.

2. Is the complete waste of 4 ascendency points for ailment immunity, because Arcane Surge does nothing for you. And 25% inc area of effect is noth worth it either. But thats only my opinion.

3. A 40% Burning Damage corrupt on a 40% RF Dmg Hrimnor's Resolve. That's more then greedy i would say. To get the enchant is already pain in the ass, but this corrupt on top ?! Bit to much if you ask me.

4. Carcass Jack is not good either. 9k DPS and 3 AOE... you want to go for Soul Mantle for sure to get the 50% inc totem life (=damage) and the 7 link. You can counter the curses easily with an #% reduced charges used + curse immu on a sulphur flask (4x 4.8sec) for example.

5. I would cut the Xoph's Blood and go for EE. Thats in my PoB around 400k Sirius DPS. (im atm at ~1mio dps, max block, 76% phys reduc, 75/75/75/53 and ~5.2k life - but only on PoB, testing it atm)
If I’m not mistaken the base life for the totem is based off of the level of the skill it is using. Just spitballing here, but you could use a skin of the lords with +2 aoe or +1gems corrupt and empower to buff the level and thus base hp of the totem. Lvl 21 RF and lvl 3 empower would result in lvl 27 RF (29 with the staff and 30 if your empower is level 4) I don’t know the hp values of totems, but I recently played reflect ballista totems scaling totem life in this way and it was very effective.
I haven't been back in the game too long, but I think I can remember way back making a totem RF build, and dmg was scaling of totem life. Is that still viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info