[3.12] A Comprehensive SSF Earthshatter Guide [EASY ALL CONTENT]

"
POB link?

Updated on main post. Thanks for the reminder.

"
- I see some people on poe.ninja using Blood Magic Support in things like Leap Slam/movement skill set ups. Is there any verdict on this in terms of being good/bad?

If you are using Leap Slam, using blood magic can be a great quality of life, because you will be able to spam it as much as you want, and even squeeze some low level vitality on your mana. I just don't use it because Leap Slam messes up the exert attacks, and I don't wanna bother with that.

"
- Culling Strike? Some people are using it with Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Curious to hear anyone's opinion about this.

For me, it's just that I don't like setting up totems, and since I don't have any problems with DPSing Bossing, I don't miss it. But is edfinitely a quality of life gem, and will help a little bit. Also, the remaining links I'd rather use Immortal Call.

"
- Any recommendations on keybind setups? Between my Warcries, Molten Shell, Blood Rage and Leap Slam I don't currently have a slot in my toolbar for Ancestral Warchief. I could take LMB off of Move Only, but don't have much practice with that.

I'd use on CTRL+Q or something like that. Since you'll be using only on bosses. That's what I'd do. Or just setup CWDT instead.

"
- You mentioned that the Divergent Pride gem was worth using - are there any other alt quality gems that are good for this build?

Thanks for the reminder. Just added at the main post on the gems topic. Fist of war and Pulverise are the best ones.

"
- With Flesh and Stone, should we be in Blood or Sand Stance?

I mostly use it in Blood Stance, since it's linked with Maim, so if you want to use Maim, that's what you should use. But, in Heists I use on Sand Stance, for some help.

Good luck on mapping!
Just crafted a 697pdps Vaal Axe and got to 92. Character is even stronger now haha. Those who are wondering yes culling strike does work but the axe can infact roll culling strike if you do get a warlord base however it's pretty hard to roll. I personally stay in blood stance since the character is pretty safe since you don't necessarily have to do a full rotation everytime. Just slam once and warcry and move along. During bosses most definitely stay in blood stance for the massive damage boost. Will be testing alternate quality gems soon once I get this character a little more settled in. Trying to craft something higher than a 700pdps axe right now.
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Hi again! Have a couple more questions now that I've made it to maps.

- I see some people on poe.ninja using Blood Magic Support in things like Leap Slam/movement skill set ups. Is there any verdict on this in terms of being good/bad?

- Culling Strike? Some people are using it with Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Curious to hear anyone's opinion about this.

- Any recommendations on keybind setups? Between my Warcries, Molten Shell, Blood Rage and Leap Slam I don't currently have a slot in my toolbar for Ancestral Warchief. I could take LMB off of Move Only, but don't have much practice with that.

- You mentioned that the Divergent Pride gem was worth using - are there any other alt quality gems that are good for this build?

- With Flesh and Stone, should we be in Blood or Sand Stance?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!

-Blood magic is simply for QoL to jump everywhere.

-Keybinds: I had to use the backrow of keys (CTRL keys) and binded them to ASDF and also am currently using my mouse 4 and 5 buttons for ease of use. On my LMB I mapped normal Molten Shell so my character spams the move since it's an instant cast it doesn't interrupt movement.

-Culling strike: definitely not necessary for this build to function. Just some more QoL if you feel like you don't wanna do an extra 10% to bosses. Also for the rich if you want to try and roll it on your weapon.

-Flesh and Stone: I personally just stay in blood stance.
Thanks everyone! This is super helpful. Using Ctrl to add in another set of keybinds is a great idea - I'm going to go with that.

One or two other questions:

- I see some people running Blood and Sand in a CWDT setup. Does this work? I've only really ever used guard skills in a setup like that so curious how it functions.

- As far as anoints go, I see both Wrecking Ball and Crystal Skin used a lot. Any reco on what to go for early/late endgame?

Thanks again!
"
Ruxxe wrote:
Thanks everyone! This is super helpful. Using Ctrl to add in another set of keybinds is a great idea - I'm going to go with that.

One or two other questions:

- I see some people running Blood and Sand in a CWDT setup. Does this work? I've only really ever used guard skills in a setup like that so curious how it functions.

- As far as anoints go, I see both Wrecking Ball and Crystal Skin used a lot. Any reco on what to go for early/late endgame?

Thanks again!

- Blood and Sand: I actually don't know how that functions with an aura being linked to CWDT. Will have to test it out.

- Annoints: Just choose what you feel like you prefer honestly. I personally went with Martial Experience for extra damage but that's just me personally.
Hey all! Right now I've just been looking at PoBs on PoE.ninja and currently it seems like Facebreakers do more damage than even a 700pdps axe lol... Just bought some perfect rolled Facebreakers and will be testing out how it feels.
Was looking forward to play Earthshatter Champ for my first SSF experience.

Guide helped me alot through the leveling process. Feeling good, now that i have the attack speed boost with fortify.

I am at Act 9 and having some mana issues, when im playing with pride, trying to fix that.
"
Cøøp wrote:
I am at Act 9 and having some mana issues, when im playing with pride, trying to fix that.

I had a similar experience. Try and get a few 'Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana' mods. They can be found on jewels, gloves, weapons, amulets, etc. I have it in two places and I don't notice the mana issues as much anymore.
"
- Blood and Sand: I actually don't know how that functions with an aura being linked to CWDT. Will have to test it out.

- Annoints: Just choose what you feel like you prefer honestly. I personally went with Martial Experience for extra damage but that's just me personally.

Thanks. I'm not seeing it anymore on poe.ninja, so maybe it was wrong. Are people able to fit Flesh and Stone, Pride, Dread Banner and Blood and Sand? I currently don't have the mana for it, so I've been dropping Blood and Sand. I've seen a few Enlighten Supports in builds. Is that the way to go, or is it just a QoL thing?

One other question - I pop Molten Shell pretty much on cooldown, but when should I be popping Vaal Molten Shell? On bosses, or just big packs?

Thanks!
Nice guide.

I've been considering SSF for a couple of leagues now. I'll give this build a go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info