Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
izurael wrote:
Would someone mind taking a quick look over my gear, I'm lvl 76 at the moment, and my damage seems very low + I die quickly.

There's quite a few things you need to fix...

1. Replace Springleaf with a Rise of the Phoenix
2. Your armour provides zero protection, you need a STR (more likely STR/INT as it is easier to colour) based one
3. Don't use Flame Dash (or anything else fire based) as your movement skill. It prevents Elemental Equilibrium from working. I use Frostblink
4. Same for your sceptre. It has "Add fire damage to spells" which is a big NO for this build
5. The spell damage on the sceptre doesn't work on RF, but this is a lesser issue
6. Get the 3rd ascendancy
7. The crit rings provides less benefits than resist rings. Get resist rings with increased fire/burning damage
8. Helmet and gloves should have more armour (STR or STR/INT)
9. You're missing the 'CWDT - Immortal Call gems'. This is important for survivability
10. The "Add fire damage to attacks" on one of your rings could be problematic, and WILL be problematic if you select an attack skill for moving (like Shield Charge)
11. You don't show your flasks... Use these for extra damage:

The Elemental Equilibrium problem is the worst for your damage output (point #3, #4 and #10)... You lose around half your potential damage right there...
Last edited by Cyzax on Oct 21, 2020, 10:18:39 AM
Hi,

thanks for the guide. I'm quite new to POE, this is my 4th league/character and the only one which I played until endgame, so I don't understand all the mechanics, skills and stuff by 100%. I'm lvl 90 now and feel that I have reached the maximum. Conquerors are difficult (Drox and Al Hezmin impossible for me, Baran and the storm lady ok but I die frequently). Haven't tried Sirius but I guess he's also impossible. Maps are okay but I often die by one-shots, explosions, whatever. I have tried to figure out how to improve the build with some (very POE experienced) friends on discord but they surrendered as they didn't understand this build and couldn't achieve much with pob and stuff... At least I have changed the gear a bit and also some points in the passive tree.. nevertheless I have the feeling that I have come to the limits with my (not very good) gear especially in points of damage which seems to be way too low for bosses. How do you guys manage the lategame? Do u need several exalts for your gear?

btw: how can I include my gear in the post? :) (you should be able to see it in my profile, right?)

Last edited by Seppelpeter3000 on Oct 21, 2020, 12:09:56 PM
lol, I didn't expect so much went wrong there.
Thanks a lot @Cyzax, I really appreciate it.

"
btw: how can I include my gear in the post? :)

While writing a message here, click on the character picture in the top left.
It opens your inventory, you can then just left-click to post it here.
"
izurael wrote:
Spoiler
First of all, thanks for the stress free build idea(s)!
However, I seem to do something wrong?
Would someone mind taking a quick look over my gear, I'm lvl 76 at the moment, and my damage seems very low + I die quickly.
It would be really appreciated, and I hope, I just misunderstood something or made an error somewhere.
Thank you <3

"

My passive tree

Damage

You don't have Elemental Overload. It would help you to push your damage, at least occassionaly.

Furthermore, the added fire damage from the sceptre (and maybe the flame dash if you dash into enemies) are spoiling the positive effects of Elemental Equilibrium: Ball lightning should be triggered quite frequently. Normally, being pure lightning damage, it would lower the enemies' fire resistances (- 50 %) and raise all other elemental resistances (+ 25%). However in your case, the fire damage from the sceptre is added. Because of this, it gives monsters + 25 % fire resistance and thus actually lowers your damage output.

Measures for survivability

- "Enduring Cry" on left mouse-button, the one you are using for movement. This way ou make sure you re-cast it as soon as the cooldown is over.
- you are missing two gems: Cast when damage taken + Immortal Call
- amulet and shield are nice, because of the regeneration, however, both of them lack any flat life roll. You could try and find some gear with more life.
- Are your elemental resistances capped?
- Are there any mean map mods involved when you die? Less regeneration and - x to maximum resistances both hurt.

Miscellaneous

I suggest to move the golem gems to helmet to profit from the + 1 to minion gems mod. The gems from the helmet could be moved to the boots.
You don't have to worry because of the Cast when damage taken. It will still trigger the golems, even though they get a bonus level from the helmet.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
izurael wrote:
Spoiler
First of all, thanks for the stress free build idea(s)!
However, I seem to do something wrong?
It would be really appreciated, and I hope, I just misunderstood something or made an error somewhere.
Thank you <3

"

My passive tree
Hey izurael!

I'm glad you're enjoying the concept of the build. I see that some have already given you some tips, both specific and general, and so I'll wait to see how some of those changes pan out. I'd love to see, only if you're up for it, how things look for you once you've made whatever changes you feel like.

RF is a "long term game" for sure. So hang in there. And please ask any questions you like!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Spoiler
Hi,

thanks for the guide. I'm quite new to POE, this is my 4th league/character and the only one which I played until endgame, so I don't understand all the mechanics, skills and stuff by 100%. I'm lvl 90 now and feel that I have reached the maximum. Conquerors are difficult (Drox and Al Hezmin impossible for me, Baran and the storm lady ok but I die frequently). Haven't tried Sirius but I guess he's also impossible. Maps are okay but I often die by one-shots, explosions, whatever. I have tried to figure out how to improve the build with some (very POE experienced) friends on discord but they surrendered as they didn't understand this build and couldn't achieve much with pob and stuff... At least I have changed the gear a bit and also some points in the passive tree.. nevertheless I have the feeling that I have come to the limits with my (not very good) gear especially in points of damage which seems to be way too low for bosses. How do you guys manage the lategame? Do u need several exalts for your gear?

btw: how can I include my gear in the post? :) (you should be able to see it in my profile, right?)
Hey Seppelpeter3000!

You have your character tab public so I was able to take a look at your stuff.

So, in terms of Survivability, cutting Enduring Cry (Endurance Charges) and therefore the synergy with a fully levelled Immortal Call, is HUGE for survivability. Having a level 1 Immortal Call with no Endurance Charges compared to a fully levelled Immortal Call that benefits from 3 extra charges is a big difference.

In regards to offence, 2 things:
- This is minor, but your sceptre can be improved for sure. Look for a Spectre that has a DOT Multiplier and at least over 100 Increased Elemental Damage. It's not a big deal, but look for an improvement when you can. DOT Multipliers can roll bigger too.
- Removing Inspiration Support for a level 3 Empower cut about 100'000 damage from your build. If you put Inspiration Support back in the build, you'll have a big damage increase.

On a side note, though some uniques seem great, they may not always work out in the best interest of the build. For example, I am currently running a staff (so no shield) and survivability is great. There are some awesome Influenced chest and shield pieces that are SO great for this build too.

It's awesome to try new things and make the build your own for sure. I encourage it even! Scratch those itches! But if you find that your changes aren't working out, go back to what the build suggests and see if the problems still persist.

Good luck!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks to you as well Caligula!

I did most of the changes both of you suggested, and did a quick attempt at delving again, and it is going *so much* smoother already.

I still need a proper weapon(maybe going with the Clayshaper meanwhile?),
an amulet, armor.

I didn't have to use a healing potion in the mines now, before I was afraid of dying there. Just the occasional well times enduring cry.

My res are also capped now, I lacked some cold res before. Now it's 84/76/76.

Edit: Found this little gem in my sales stash. That helps a bit more with life regen

Last edited by izurael on Oct 21, 2020, 2:02:44 PM
"
izurael wrote:
Spoiler

I did most of the changes both of you suggested, and did a quick attempt at delving again, and it is going *so much* smoother already.

an amulet, armor.

I didn't have to use a healing potion in the mines now, before I was afraid of dying there. Just the occasional well times enduring cry.

Edit: Found this little gem in my sales stash. That helps a bit more with life regen

Congratulations, what an awesome helmet! I didn't even know that Warlord-influenced helmets can have life regeneration.

I am so glad that things are going better now for you. You will be surprised how much better it will be as soon as you get another weapon. Untill now, Elemental Equilibrium is working against you. I would say that at this point any weapon is better that doesn't have "fire damage to spells". Just pick up every sceptre you find on your way and you will keep improving step by step. The best would be a free prefix slot to add "increased fire damage over time multiplier" at the crafting-bench. It is very powerful.

One more suggestion: remove one of the 5 % nodes from the life-wheel near the Scion starting point in the skill tree. Use this point to unlock the jewel slot between Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload. Try to get a jewel with life. They can have from 5 to 7 %. So even the worst life jewel is at least as good as the node from the life-wheel. And the jewels can have very cool extras (increased fire/area/burning damage, chance to block, etc).

Good luck, exile!
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last edited by Caligula_Exile on Oct 21, 2020, 2:54:44 PM
"
"
izurael wrote:
Spoiler

an amulet, armor.

One more suggestion: remove one of the 5 % nodes from the life-wheel near the Scion starting point in the skill tree. Use this point to unlock the jewel slot between Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Overload. Try to get a jewel with life. They can have from 5 to 7 %. So even the worst life jewel is at least as good as the node from the life-wheel. And the jewels can have very cool extras (increased fire/area/burning damage, chance to block, etc).

Good luck, exile!

I actually see izurael has Primordial Eminence jewels there, pretty cool :) How do we measure if i.e. a Watcher's Eye that has life leech and % of physical damage taken as fire is better/worse?
I have a question. Does the elemental resistance penetration granted by this flask work with Righteous Fire? Or is it necessary for a skill to hit to make it work?

Achieving that fire is the highest fire resistance shouldn't be too hard thanks to Purity of Fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info