macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

GGG - I want to thank you for your efforts porting POE on Mac
Just finished installation and started playing - works like a breeze so far
You rock guys!

My iMac specs for those who wondering:
macOS Catalina v.10.15.6
iMac retina 5k 27" mid 2017
CPU: 3.5 GHz quad core i5
Memory 16 GB 2400 DDR4 (4 slots, Micron)
Disk drives:
Samsung EVO 850 SSD
Samsung EVO 970 Blade (via Sintech long adapter, 4 link supported)
Graphics: Radeon Pro 575 4Gb

Full screen works too (need to click on the green button in the corner to swtich to it)
The only thing I can't figure out so far is how to use loot filters.
Last edited by Helmsman527 on Sep 19, 2020, 11:59:04 AM
Big thanks! Works like a charm and one more game to enjoy. Ditched Windows 5+ years ago :D

macOS Catalina 10.15.6
MacBook Pro 13 (2019, 4 Thunderbolt)
CPU: 2,4 GHz Core i5
Memory: 8 GB
Disk: mushkin 480 GB SSD via USB-C to USB-C
Graphics: eGPU Radeon Vega 64 8 GB HBM
using external Display (4k UHD)

Hello!

Im having an issue with the launcher. I did the terminal thing as described in the thread but when the patcher opens it starts downloading a 27mb file and then it closes and i just get this message:

Path of Exile quit unexpectedly.

Anyone know whats wrong?
"
whatev wrote:
How can you change the resolution?
I don't seem to see any option to do so.

Running it at 5K makes it super laggy on a 2019 iMac.

Same here! Anyone?
"
muera wrote:
"
whatev wrote:
How can you change the resolution?
I don't seem to see any option to do so.

Running it at 5K makes it super laggy on a 2019 iMac.

Same here! Anyone?

This would be because it's running at the display's native resolution, not the "Retina" resolution (1440p scaled). My guess as to why there is no resolution change capability yet is because this is GGG's first foray into Mac apps and they aren't yet familiar with Retina and the myriad intricacies it entails when using Metal. Couple this with AMDs' mid-tier at best GPUs in Macs and you've got a recipe for some really low framerates or higher than normal input lag, or both if you're attempting to run this game from integrated graphics, which aren't really supported on either platform.
Just got it running on my MBP 13" 2020 (32Gb RAM, eGPU).
Some issues with the keyboard on the login screen, then in the game, it was impossible to click anywhere. Found out that mouse clicks were translated due to a dual monitor setup, once I moved the PoE window to my external screen, mouse clicks registered as expected.

Anti-aliasing is turned off by default, when turned on... Everything is just a blur :D
Last edited by red_macaron on Sep 19, 2020, 1:22:57 PM
Btw, I think the problem with the lootfilter may be because PoE on Mac uses `/a/b/c` to navigate into file system folders but maybe the PoE server returns a `a\b\c` value, expected for Windows.
when i have played POE and i quit the game, everything is ok, but when i start the game again i get this error.Unable to open Content.ggpk. You might have another copy of the game already running.
The only thing i can do to play again is install the game again. Is there no other solution ?
I am playing on a 27 inch mac from late 2014 and have the latest OS installed.
"
Im having an issue with the launcher. I did the terminal thing as described in the thread but when the patcher opens it starts downloading a 27mb file and then it closes and i just get this message:

Path of Exile quit unexpectedly.

Anyone know whats wrong?

I'm having this same problem. Can't figure out how to stop the loader from crashing and actually proceed with the game install.
same... how do you change the resolution? my MacBook is doing okay playing 5k with dynamic resolution, but I'd like to keep it lower for more consistent frames

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info