macOS Official Release Delayed, Experimental Client Available

Having trouble assigning the 2 extra buttons on my mouse (rival 100)

They both apply as middle mouse button.

They both work fine in MacOS
Is there a chance to lower the OS requirements for the launcher? I see from the .plist that the game client advertise itself as 10.13 minimum, but the launcher is set to 10.15
"
Known Issues:
- Item Filters not loading from website. 'Open folder' button in UI options not working.
- Using the Map Device can cause your game to crash.
- Nodes on the Passive Tree losing their descriptions when allocated.

Thats hilarious! :D

But well.. who needs Passive Tree, Map Device and Loot Filters when playing PoE.
Any update on that? Or an official release date on steam for Mac?

"
poespar wrote:
"
Grottage wrote:
"
Im having an issue with the launcher. I did the terminal thing as described in the thread but when the patcher opens it starts downloading a 27mb file and then it closes and i just get this message:

Path of Exile quit unexpectedly.

Anyone know whats wrong?

I'm having this same problem. Can't figure out how to stop the loader from crashing and actually proceed with the game install.

Got the same Problem.

Crashed Thread: 8

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler [716]

in terminal I get:

zsh: illegal hardware instruction
Its very odd even with the resolution not specified, that the 4Ghz quad core I7 iMac I am using goes right to CPU throttling temp (100 c) all 4 cores when you start the game play? huh??????

That can be sustained, but its far from ideal. It makes the fan kick up to 2600 RPM, even though I am forcing more air at the output to keep it cool.

Currently using Mac OS 11.0b8, as a comparison playing diablo 3 gets no where as hot say 68 C each core, but it make use of the GPU. But there you can specify the resolution say if you want even down to 1980x1020.

But you guys must have this game running at 5120x2880 in my example (5K Mac display resolution. With most options enabled by default, that or you are trying to make use of the CPU for graphics instead of the external GPU. Possibly you are not compensating for how retina Mac graphics work.

Please check out Mac playback CPU temps using the application Macs Fan Control (v1.5.7.20). The temps when you first bring up the POE before playing is normal 66-68C, but I am not seeing the GPU being used when you start playing your character, you have CPU heavily utilized to throttling temp.

Thanks for finally making this test beta available.
Last edited by Nightwind4 on Sep 24, 2020, 8:04:43 PM
Can we still expect launch this week? Or has that been postponed? Would be nice to get some continuous updates about that :) Thanks GGG :)
Do we have a confirmed official Mac release date? The version on here works on my machine but my brother in-laws it doesn't work. Excited to play it together with my Mac only friends!

GGG thank you for all you do, super excited to see everything coming from you guys!
10.15.6에서 실행하면 27MB파일을 받고는 잘못된 실행이라고 나옵니다

Process: Path of Exile [3736]
Path: /Applications/Path of Exile/Path of Exile.app/Contents/MacOS/Path of Exile
Identifier: com.GGG.PathOfExile
Version: 1.0 (160042)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Path of Exile [3736]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-09-25 20:59:33.965 +0900
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.6 (19G2021)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 2EB8C981-5E35-8C93-F886-6E88AD04D016

Sleep/Wake UUID: 340EDF24-C87D-40F0-A3D9-46483EF4B817
Last edited by izm9870 on Sep 25, 2020, 9:12:09 AM
I can create a character, select a server but nothing more.
Game is stuck on Twilight strand loading screen with the gears turning.
What do I do?
So is adjustable fixed resolution support planned on the official release?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info