[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

This looks nice but I think you are underestimating the potential of Archmage with it. The 7 - 134 added lightning damage from base Archmage gem is a bit of a range, but it doesn't account for the vast majority of the added lightning damage that will come from Archmage, which should be a flat amount based on the cost of the skill. It also gives you the benefit of using Arcane Cloak for more lightning damage, and the ability to get Agnostic + MoM for a big defensive boost.

Here is a pastebin of Archmage Ignite that was shared with me on Reddit. Let me know what you think!

https://pastebin.com/LDcWnfhZ
going to try this build, looks realy nice on concept
Also going to try this build, thanks for the guide.
You think this is viable as an SSF starter?
Hey OP, thanks for making this post. I was on the fence on the ignite viability, but nice to see I'm not alone in that thinking.

Good luck and looking forward to updates.
"
CrawPappy1 wrote:
This looks nice but I think you are underestimating the potential of Archmage with it. The 7 - 134 added lightning damage from base Archmage gem is a bit of a range, but it doesn't account for the vast majority of the added lightning damage that will come from Archmage, which should be a flat amount based on the cost of the skill. It also gives you the benefit of using Arcane Cloak for more lightning damage, and the ability to get Agnostic + MoM for a big defensive boost.

Here is a pastebin of Archmage Ignite that was shared with me on Reddit. Let me know what you think!

https://pastebin.com/LDcWnfhZ

With T1 mana rolls on everything, that build shows great damage. However, it loses 1M DPS when Arcane Cloak isn't active, and another 500K or so when Flasks aren't on.

I tweaked that tree a bit and added a decent amulet and a Skin of the Loyal, points went into cluster jewels, and do the same damage except with no flasks up and no non-permanent buffs on

https://pastebin.com/9WU6uzzN

And, ultimately I want the option to go CI which archmage can't do...

I'm sure the archmage version will be fine too, it's a lot of extra effort at gearing it, going into a build that benefits from that style less than others. All the increased spell damage potential from Arcane Surge, Fevered Mind, Indigon etc etc that Archmage is balanced around is missing. So why try to force it? Just seems unnecessary to me.
@blackdeath101, WhaleRum, francorocco23:

Good luck! Hopefully it works out well for all of us. New builds always end up with a few hurdles to jump over but I think the power level is there.

"
Jouchebag wrote:
You think this is viable as an SSF starter?

You may suffer a bit without the ability to get cluster jewels - those help a ton with ignite dps. Otherwise it doesn't seem all that hard to gear, though.
Also going to roll with this build as league starter. Can't wait.

What do you think the fastest leveling build would be for this? I usually find it difficult to level with A LOT of builds "LEVELING GUIDE" and end up having to ask for help in killing bosses.
Last edited by Xentriques on Sep 17, 2020, 8:07:17 PM
"
Xentriques wrote:
Also going to roll with this build as league starter. Can't wait.

What do you think the fastest leveling build would be for this? I usually find it difficult to level with A LOT of builds "LEVELING GUIDE" and end up having to ask for help in killing bosses.

We don't really know what the leveling experience will be like... Who knows, it may be fine to start using right at level 28 when you get Hexblast. Otherwise I'd suggest ED/Contagion. Within the leveling guide there's a tree for level 45 which has all the necessary passives (I think) to make the build work so it should be functional by Act 6.
What kind of ehp are you thinking for this build during life based and then during CI. Definitely thinking about this build for HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info