[3.12] Suzu520's Pyro-Golementalist League starter ft. Blazing Salvo and Flame Wall

Thank you for replied! Im looking forward to the full build :D
"
Suzu520 wrote:
"
hotwavelnw wrote:
Hey! Im thinking about starting league with this build. Can I have a rough idea about the end game skill gem links?

This might subject to change but here is my rough estimation

Blazing Salvo - Pinpoint - fork - combustion - concentrated effect - immolate

summon flame golem - spell echo - minion damage - minion speed - concentrated effect - GMP

Flame wall - Flame dash - arcane surge - burning damage

flammability - blasphemy - vitality - vaal clarity

So, you don't aim to work on flame wall damage ?
i dont think Fork is better than GMP. GMP with pinpoint is like MS on crack with unleash.

i tried swapping fork and GMP, it seems fork doesnt do anything. GMP + pinpoint + 6 project x3.

i think GGG put in a shotgun/overlap limit tho.
What do you think might be a good weapon for a build like this?

I'm personally leaning toward two 6-links, ultimately, so chest + 2h is what I'm looking at but I don't know enough about the uniques available to say which might really benefit a build like this.

Also, this isn't really a factor yet, but it seems like an elder/shaper (can't remember which one) might be useful to form a pseudo-6-link for scaling flame wall due to the mods that provide support effects.

I league started with blazing salvo/flame wall and so far I rather like it. It is hard to tell at low levels how effective it will ultimately be, but that is true of most skills. Setting everything on fire will screaming burn, burn, burn is undeniably fun though.
"
Amnexty wrote:

So, you don't aim to work on flame wall damage ?

As of right now I am currently having burning damage and efficacy linked to Flame Wall for some extra damage, so yeah it’s damage is kinda insane already
Last edited by Suzu520 on Sep 19, 2020, 10:08:27 PM
"
MochaButt wrote:
i dont think Fork is better than GMP. GMP with pinpoint is like MS on crack with unleash.

i tried swapping fork and GMP, it seems fork doesnt do anything. GMP + pinpoint + 6 project x3.

i think GGG put in a shotgun/overlap limit tho.

Thanks for the reply and insight! this build is still work in progress so I don’t doubt there can be a more effective way on linking, Fork actually works when you hit mobs, I recommend trying it as the less damage on Fork is so little that I believe it could be used with GMP or Pinpoint or both without losing out too much damage. (I could be wrong tho since this skill scales well with more projectiles like MS)
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ivg68z/blazing_salvo_fork/
Mark_GGG explained how you might not see forked projectiles and couldn't feel it but it's definitely there.
Last edited by Suzu520 on Sep 19, 2020, 10:11:37 PM
"
TheRealDeria wrote:
What do you think might be a good weapon for a build like this?

I'm personally leaning toward two 6-links, ultimately, so chest + 2h is what I'm looking at but I don't know enough about the uniques available to say which might really benefit a build like this.

Also, this isn't really a factor yet, but it seems like an elder/shaper (can't remember which one) might be useful to form a pseudo-6-link for scaling flame wall due to the mods that provide support effects.

I league started with blazing salvo/flame wall and so far I rather like it. It is hard to tell at low levels how effective it will ultimately be, but that is true of most skills. Setting everything on fire will screaming burn, burn, burn is undeniably fun though.

Yes that’s the ultimate goal of this build, having both SFG and BS 6L, I know that 2H weapon could achieve this easier early on, especially with the Searing Touch staff. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Searing_Touch

Also hell yeah leveling is so fun with this build :D
Last edited by Suzu520 on Sep 19, 2020, 10:12:46 PM
Hey, I noticed in your endgame tree that you took Enduring Bond and the two points prior to it.

That seems like an odd choice since it only grants minion damage if you've used a minion skill in the last 4 seconds, and I don't see anything in your build plan that would cause that to be the case. The rest of that ability is all focused on temporary minions like animated blades/phantasms.

It seems like those points could be better used somewhere else?
"
TheRealDeria wrote:
Hey, I noticed in your endgame tree that you took Enduring Bond and the two points prior to it.

That seems like an odd choice since it only grants minion damage if you've used a minion skill in the last 4 seconds, and I don't see anything in your build plan that would cause that to be the case. The rest of that ability is all focused on temporary minions like animated blades/phantasms.

It seems like those points could be better used somewhere else?

Thanks for the reply! And yes, I actually forgot to update my PoB, my bad, it should be updated now
http://poeurl.com/c1PS
I don't yet know if this is a good idea long-term, but since the playstyle for blazing salvo / flame wall requires a lot of standing still, instead of using Minion Speed I've added Raise Zombie.

The 5 zombies do a good job (at least so far) of keeping things off me (or inside the flame wall) and cleaning up stragglers.

I'm actually considering using Summon Skeletons (with Dead Reckoning, to convert the skeletons to mages) since their projectiles could leverage the Flame Wall. Those guys are temporary, though, whereas the zombies I can just summon and forget about for the most part.

At least at my low level (45) it seems to be helpful. As blazing salvo and flame wall scale up it might become less useful, but for now I figured since I'm already taking a fair amount of minion enhancing nodes it can't hurt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info