[3.12] Spark / Crackling Lance Inquisitor - New Player Friendly Guide - League Starter

"
brochata wrote:

That thread is a little concerning!

From a gut level, something has felt a little off with the gems and CL! I've been juggling them pretty much nonstop, and this might explain how nothing has felt super optimal.

So far, I beat A5 Sirius w/o spell echo and A7 w/spell echo... spell echo felt a little bit better... A7 Drox also went down a little quicker using Spell Echo. All that was with intensify... I'm going to map for a bit w/o intensify to see how it feels.

I've noticed that my Spark, which has about the same tooltip DPS as my CL, is not nearly as powerful as even the first step CL. I'm killing map bosses MUCH faster with CL than Spark (which I should be, by design) and it's noticeably different than last season.

One different this build has with other CL builds is how much we are boosting DPS from other elemental damage, thus why we are using added cold damage.

I think the core links are:
Crackling Lance - Inspiration - Intensify

The supports shared across several builds are:
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
Added Cold Damage
Added Lightning Damage
Concentrated Effect
Increased Critical Strikes
Hypothermia Support
Controlled Destruction

This build uses cold damage more advantageously than the others (I think) so one of the cold supports is probably right. That leaves two skills to try to optimize.
"
brochata wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but here's an interesting read on Intensify + CL:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940991

Looking over poe.ninja builds for Inq CL, all are using intensify support. I'm not totally sure what to make of it yet.

That thread is a little concerning!

From a gut level, something has felt a little off with the gems and CL! I've been juggling them pretty much nonstop, and this might explain how nothing has felt super optimal.

So far, I beat A5 Sirius w/o spell echo and A7 w/spell echo... spell echo felt a little bit better... A7 Drox also went down a little quicker using Spell Echo. All that was with intensify... I'm going to map for a bit w/o intensify to see how it feels.

So I was looking at unique jewels tonight and I’m wondering if Apex Mode is something worth exploring. It gains an intensity every 0.5 sec if a spell generated an intensity recently.

Right now I am casting CL in 0.37 sec (3x CL in 1.11 sec), so I could get to the 3rd stack in 0.74 sec instead. Assuming that we can get to a maximum of 7 intensity charges (3 from CL, 3 from Intensity support, 1 from Intensify node), it would get to that max level in 1.85 sec rather than 2.59 sec., a reduction of over half a second.

In addition, it would help keep the intensity charges higher when doing small moves / dodges.
Last edited by Scary3074 on Oct 1, 2020, 2:52:26 AM
"
Scary3074 wrote:
"
Great build!

I'm following this guide and got most of the items already, just got enlight lvl 3 but my mana reserved is at 99%.I can't throw any skill if using zeal + disc + herald hahaha.

Any thoughts on how to get less mana reserved? By nodes or items? I'm with longshot on amulet, could anoint with champion for less 4% overall but I think it's not enough.

I picked up the node for less mana reserved by HoI and have just been doing HoI / Zeal so far. I haven't gotten my mana reserves to a point where I can play Discipline too.

If you like CL, you may want to anoint Intensify instead. If you are focusing more on Spark, Longshot is great.

There is an amulet that lets one of the aura have no mana reserved but you'd have to place Choir of the Storms, and I don't think that's worth it. The 3.11 Watcher's Eye would allow for reserved reduction as well but now... not so much.

There's some other tricks to do mana sustain. I like / use a +# Mana on kill and basically ditched my mana flask altogether. You just have to be careful in boss fights if you're not killing minions as well. I believe my mana regen rate is high as well.

I have some support gems that reduce the cost of casting (CL in particular) and that has really helped my mana sustain.

Those are all things to look at.

Thanks I will look into it. With my current settings I'm with a good dps at maps althoug im lvl 80 yet... when things get rough I think it will be ok, but with the 3 auras it's going to help my defence which I suffer a bit.
"
Scary3074 wrote:

So I was looking at unique jewels tonight and I’m wondering if Apex Mode is something worth exploring. It gains an intensity every 0.5 sec if a spell generated an intensity recently.

Right now I am casting CL in 0.37 sec (3x CL in 1.11 sec), so I could get to the 3rd stack in 0.74 sec instead. Assuming that we can get to a maximum of 7 intensity charges (3 from CL, 3 from Intensity support, 1 from Intensify node), it would get to that max level in 1.85 sec rather than 2.59 sec., a reduction of over half a second.

In addition, it would help keep the intensity charges higher when doing small moves / dodges.

This is an interesting idea! I actually think this jewel might help shore up one of spell echoes weaknesses, that it takes a tiny bit longer to reach max stacks of intensity.

Here's my math on this. Right now with spell echo, I'm casting in .17 secs. So with this gem:
.17 (Cast 1a, GEM ACTIVATES, Stack 1 from cast)
.34 (Cast 1b)
.51 (Cast 2a, Stack 2 from cast)
.67 (Gem gives stack 3)
.68 (Cast 2b)
.85 (Cast 3a, Gem MAX?)
1.02 (Cast 3b)
1.19 (Cast 4a, normal max)

Without Spell Echo, I'm casting at .29:
.29 (Cast 1, GEM GO, stack 1)
.58 (Cast 2, stack 2)
.79 (Gem gives Stack 3)
.87 (Cast 3, Gem MAX)
1.16 (Cast 4, normal max)

Finally, with Faster Cast, I'm at .24:
.24 (Cast 1, Gem Go, stack 1)
.48 (Cast 2, Stack 2)
.72 (Cast 3, Stack 3)
.74 (Gem gives stack 4, MAX)
.96 (Cast 4, normal max)

So if my maths is right, it looks like using this gem shaves .35 seconds off getting to max stacks with spell echo!!! (It even beats a normal faster cast time, which is bonkers) Will definitely buy one and try it out. And that's not even counting the other benefits from the gem. VERY interesting find!

Also, do the intensity stacks stack? Or do they count double? I has always assumed you could only get up to 3 (4 with the node), and the effects of the support and the skill overlapped. But like many things with CL, it's confusing!

"

Also, do the intensity stacks stack? Or do they count double? I has always assumed you could only get up to 3 (4 with the node), and the effects of the support and the skill overlapped. But like many things with CL, it's confusing!

No you’re right it’s a max 4 that shares across the two. I was a little sleepy lol.

So far gettting to max stacks fast as been awesome.
"
brochata wrote:
"
Scary3074 wrote:

This is an interesting idea! I actually think this jewel might help shore up one of spell echoes weaknesses, that it takes a tiny bit longer to reach max stacks of intensity.

Here's my math on this. Right now with spell echo, I'm casting in .17 secs. So with this gem:
.17 (Cast 1a, GEM ACTIVATES, Stack 1 from cast)
.34 (Cast 1b)
.51 (Cast 2a, Stack 2 from cast)
.67 (Gem gives stack 3)
.68 (Cast 2b)
.85 (Cast 3a, Gem MAX?)
1.02 (Cast 3b)
1.19 (Cast 4a, normal max)

Without Spell Echo, I'm casting at .29:
.29 (Cast 1, GEM GO, stack 1)
.58 (Cast 2, stack 2)
.79 (Gem gives Stack 3)
.87 (Cast 3, Gem MAX)
1.16 (Cast 4, normal max)

Finally, with Faster Cast, I'm at .24:
.24 (Cast 1, Gem Go, stack 1)
.48 (Cast 2, Stack 2)
.72 (Cast 3, Stack 3)
.74 (Gem gives stack 4, MAX)
.96 (Cast 4, normal max)

So if my maths is right, it looks like using this gem shaves .35 seconds off getting to max stacks with spell echo!!! (It even beats a normal faster cast time, which is bonkers) Will definitely buy one and try it out. And that's not even counting the other benefits from the gem. VERY interesting find!

What's the other skills you have in your 6L with faster cast?
"

What's the other skills you have in your 6L with faster cast?

Here's my 6L set up:

I'm squeezing out a little bit more cast speed with the alt versions of CL and Cold Damage.
Getting this build going has killed the league for me, just hitting a hard wall and don't understand all the new alt gem garbage and what not to get this going. Not to mention I followed the original build of this post, and noones using it. Time well spent, until next league I guess.
"
UglyManeZenny wrote:
Getting this build going has killed the league for me, just hitting a hard wall and don't understand all the new alt gem garbage and what not to get this going. Not to mention I followed the original build of this post, and noones using it. Time well spent, until next league I guess.

Well let’s try to figure it out:

Are you playing with CL or Storm Brand?
What passive tree are you using? The one built by lab level or the experimental tree?

What level are you and where are you at in the game (acts or maps, and if maps, what tier?)
How are your resistances?
How many links are you running on your skills?

I put this up so folks could ask questions and share ideas. Let’s help each other out.

How far we can go with pure spark build? is there any possibility to play endgame so far or just for start only?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info