Chromatic Orb & Armor Types

I got pretty lucky myself I got 4 blues on an int helm with 2 jewellers orbs. then used an orb to reforge the links and between sockets (forgot the name of the orb) and ended up with this
Unavailable

could be I was just super lucky or some people here are unlucky. don't think any one has done nearly enough testing to give a good approximation to how rare it is to get the colour combination you want
IGN --- Grizdale
Last edited by Grizdale on May 15, 2012, 4:07:40 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
just troll the vendors, they sell the three coloured linked items :) I got 3 chromatics for 3 transmutations from one vendor in a single level
Getting three colors with a chromatic orb is a nightmare
I've wasted so many orbs trying to get it tonight
I an totally against chromatic have requirement stat favoritism. I think it should completely true random.

The system in place, make it costly to using different gear for unique builds.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
"
ropumar wrote:
I an totally against chromatic have requirement stat favoritism. I think it should completely true random.

That's the point... it makes perfect sense to have color favoritism. If you need certain sockets and are really cheap use hybird armor. Problem solved.

"
Cruxation wrote:
"
ropumar wrote:

That's the point... it makes perfect sense to have color favoritism. If you need certain sockets and are really cheap use hybird armor. Problem solved.

Had to give up my dual axe ranger, who was very fun, because it was impossible to get 5l red evasion chest, it is very punishing for people trying different build combinations,.
Cheap hybrid armour??? I was evasion/acrobatics.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
Auxion wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:
"
ropumar wrote:

Had to give up my dual axe ranger, who was very fun, because it was impossible to get 5l red evasion chest, it is very punishing for people trying different build combinations,.
Cheap hybrid armour??? I was evasion/acrobatics.

Every piece of this game is designed around trades off. This is one example of them. Keystones are a more obvious example. I suppose 6 links should be easier to get as well, and uniques should just fall after every step you take. My point is this system is designed to favor red gems and armor gear as well as the others. Just as it favors 1 link over 6. It makes you actually work towards something and sense of progression in EVERY aspect. Yes it limits you from not using a pure evasion chest with 5 red gems but that was planning anyway. You've now learned how to be realistic about your gearing.

EDIT*** by the way the quote in your sig is hilarious. I've never seen that before. lol

Last edited by Cruxation on Mar 5, 2013, 9:20:35 AM
I've gotten 4 blue sockets on an armor based helm but I needed GBBR so i kept using chromatics..
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Cruxation wrote:

Every piece of this game is designed around trades off. This is one example of them. Keystones are a more obvious example. I suppose 6 links should be easier to get as well, and uniques should just fall after every step you take. My point is this system is designed to favor red gems and armor gear as well as the others. Just as it favors 1 link over 6. It makes you actually work towards something and sense of progression in EVERY aspect. Yes it limits you from not using a pure evasion chest with 5 red gems but that was planning anyway. You've now learned how to be realistic about your gearing.

EDIT*** by the way the quote in your sig is hilarious. I've never seen that before. lol

Why make so easy for people doing standard build then? If youb doing a armor build and need red sockets, you get everything easy. If you trying something diferent, u screwed.

Way better no favoritism of colors, and would be difficult to get 6red sockets equally on any time of chest.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
"
ropumar wrote:
"
Cruxation wrote:

Why make so easy for people doing standard build then? If youb doing a armor build and need red sockets, you get everything easy. If you trying something diferent, u screwed.

Way better no favoritism of colors, and would be difficult to get 6red sockets equally on any time of chest.

You're way promotes purely RNG which most people complain about contantly. The current system rewards planning with less reliance on RNG. And if you think that getting 5 red sockets on a blue item would be easier in your method you're sadly mistaken. It would be just a difficult so why bother changing it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info