Share Your Path of Exile Memories With Us!

I've been playing since open beta because I love the game. I used to play League of Legends in beta, and I remember watching RobertxLee stream this game. I remember he was rolling a ranger and talking about how the game was fun for him because it was a true hardcore game. Then I watched Kripp play this game and he also recommended it because of its hardcore nature (remember double alira lol?). As a player who enjoys challenging games, I had to jump in. I still remember it took me a whole day just to clear act 1 and my first "build" was some kind of templar ele cleave because I thought the demon cleave MTX was cool. I miss the days when you could pick any class and build anything you wanted.

My favorite memories of the game including many milestones: Havoc hitting world 1st 100 SC, followed by Baker hitting world 1st 100 in HC. This was way back when you really had to grind it out to get 100, so major respect to Baker and his team. Then I remember Havoc killing Atziri first and Ziz killing shaper first HC. Another fond memory was when Hegemony hit the last 1% to lvl 100 in docks, after GGG said they didn't want that to be possible. Just so many good times playing and watching this game. Can't wait to see what is coming up next!
/oos
Piety... AGAIN?
"
Tani wrote:
Piety... AGAIN?

Actually this reminds me of the first time I heard 'cream piety' all those years ago.
Saved
I know you can get a HeadHunter in many ways. My first HH was from the divination card of Jack in the Box. Just imagine my face, my eyeballs and jaws just dropped.
One time when I was playing with friends one of them decided to cast vaal cyclone near a map boss as it was charging it's slam attack before going AFK.

I dodged the boss' charge attack only to be one shoted by his slam attack

i love racing like 4years ago i think there like event each hours or something it was really funny...
I remember you nerfing/ruining every build I've ever loved, almost removing power/frenzy charges without consulting players, nerfing the VD helm enchant after 10 days literally an hour after I paid for it, you making the same mistake but worse for Delirium except this time I didn't fall for it (lol), slowly homogenizing builds over time and killing diversity, not having any real defensive mechanics because getting one-shot happens regardless of your EHP even if you GO FAST and GIT GUD, making leagues based around board games, other video games, movies.... Yikes.

I remember consoles.

I remember Tencent.

"These won't affect game development."

Yeah, I've been with this game from the start, and you keep on going. Some of it is cool, a lot of it is questionable, and most of it is downright maddening due to the stubbornness of the ones pulling the strings. GGG has strong leaders, but their unwillingness to compromise on fundamental issues does not lend itself to the strength of the game - it's the opposite.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
I have a lot of fond memories tied to path of exile along the years. I started back in 2012 and played through most of the leagues, I think I missed like 2 or maybe 3 leagues in total.

The one memory that will forever be tied with the game is actually my marriage, for two reasons. First I did the proposal on the battle royale weekend in a cabin 5 hours away from home. I missed the entirety of the event and I will never forget the date because of that!

Second reason is the fact that my wedding ring is inspired by the berek's ring(s). The support I got from Chris and Erik directly to help me into having the ring designed was above and beyond what I could've hoped.

As for a more 'in game' memory I'd have to say the time I managed to drop a voltaxic rift back when it was good. It was the first time I could play a really meta broken build and it was a blast! Voltaxic spark is still to this day my favorite build of my entire play time.
I remember dropping mjolnir when they were still 60ex a piece. It was the first time I could make a meta build and I loved my mjolnir jugg. In fact, that league I dropped 2 mjolnir which inspired me to make my div card. Unfortunately, that latter bits were not so warm memories.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info