Audio exception randomly while loading new instance

This one was act2 The Chamber of Sins level 1. Has happened few times randomly in docks and sewers also.

By the looks of it client fails to decode .ogg file and there is no catch for exception so it leaks and crashes game. When it happens game just hangs on loading screen and I have to alt + tab to close exception screen and restart game.

So far it has always loaded the instance on 2nd try after booting client so it doesn't look like permanently corrupted file or anything like that. Its not that huge problem, just have to run from closest portal to entrance again when it happens.

Overall happens very rarely. Maybe total 5 or 6 times during last month or so. Unfortunately don't remember when I saw the bug first time. It was a while ago.
Last edited by juzz on Mar 26, 2013, 10:26:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Bunbing my own thread. This has been happening randomly since first report but after today's patch problem got worse. I literally ran out of portals trying to enter map so the old workaround entering same instance again seems to not be working anymore.

EDIT: gona do some testing with modded drivers and/or "DisableXRAM" workaround to see if something fixes this.
Last edited by juzz on Apr 19, 2013, 10:24:06 AM
If this has just started happening after the patch for you then i would suggest connecting through a vpn and see if the game downloads a patch and if not you'll likely need a complete new instal as it seems some ISPs are providing incomplete/corrupt or old files

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/103073
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I'd assume its some incompatibility with creative x-fi and game as it seems to be common issue around here. I try some workarounds and modded drivers to see if I can fix this. I been thinking to test some new sound drivers anyways :)

EDIT: I dont think its corrupted download as it has been on/off issue for me long time and randomly happened to almost every instance during acts while leveling various toons from 0 to act3 merc. If the download was broken it would crash in same instance every time I think but that has never been issue. Its always either "can't decode data" or "can't create buffers" so it sounds more like runtime issue most likely related to the old XRAM issue

EDIT2: XRAM registry hack does not solve this issue. However --softwareaudio hack does. So this seems to be another weird creative x-fi hw bug.
Last edited by juzz on Apr 23, 2013, 9:39:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info