[3.15] Cramer's Impale Cyclone - Cluster Jewel Variant - T19 Delirium Capable

Hello sirs! Thanks for checking out my guide for 3.15 IMPALE CYCLONE.

I will not be rolling this build at league start but will update once I make it my second character. Refer to last leagues gear for league start and endgame recommendations.

***DISCLAIMER***
The gear shown in this build is not a league starter. For league starter gear please see my section devoted to that below. Much of the gear listed in the optimized section is perfected gear in Standard to use as a benchmark.

Intro:
I've been playing cyclone almost exclusively since legion. I create my builds to maximize damage for bossing and 100% delirium maps. This is not a cheap build or a tanky build by most people's standards. This is simply my iteration of what a fully optimized cyclone build looks like.

What can you expect from this build? Baseline 10m dps with average gear. High end damage reaching 50-75m dps with rampage active. Pre 3.15 changes had this build at a top end dmg of 140m.

AS OF 3.15 IN AVERAGE GEAR THIS BUILD DOES ROUGHLY 3-4M DPS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PLAYING THIS BUILD UNTIL DAMAGE NERFS ARE REVERTED.

Demo Video:
https://youtu.be/7kIfsb_Dp9Q

Pros:
-Very fast clear speed
-S tier boss damage with totem link
-mobility
-Stun immunity

Cons:
-Less survivability than slayer
-Expensive at top end of gear
-Can not run reflect maps
-not 25% culling strike due to berserker over slayer
-Squishy if not used to melee play

***Update Log***

**3.15 changes**:
Cyclone:
Now deals 59% of Base Damage, and has 59% Effectiveness of Added Damage at gem level 20 (previously 54%).
-Various mana multiplier changes. See patch notes for full list. (Average dps loss was 56% mostly from the nerf to impale)

7/22/2021 - Updated pob to include 3.15 changes.
7/22/2021 - Added mapping video
7/22/2021 - Added lvl 92 skill tree and generic budget early/mid league gear section in pob.

2/5/2021 - Updated current gear section and gem link options.
9/17/2020 - Updated leveling gear for Heist.
9/9/2020 - Updated gear to better reflect current optimization. Also Updated PoB to current gear.
8/14/2020 - Updated skill tree to optimize for damage. Increased overall damage by 17 million. (Thanks to Koala for point out some improvements)

Gear:Optimized & Gem Links

Spoiler

Gear Detailed:

Why am I not using -mana in neck and rings? Short answer: I'm lazy. Long answer; I wanted to craft the best possible ring and neck for cyclone and started with that. You are welcome to go double curse and -mana cost on neck and rings.

Why are you not using Abyssus for helmet? While abyssus is higher damage; it turns you into a baby back bitch from a mitigation standpoint. Life, res and nearby enemies take % phys damage is better overall.

Leveling Gear

Once you get enough currency you will want to get your hands on:

This is the best axe you can get easy access to outside of a rare weapon.

You will want to upgrade your weapon ever 5-10 levels if possible. Make sure and keep your resistances above 50% as you level, making upgrades as needed. *Note that the uniques listed above are generic items you can use for leveling. These are in no means required.

Efficient leveling build:
Spoiler
For newer players this is a more expensive way to level. However it is the most efficient. You want to use Smite with ancestral call until you can get cyclone. Then you socket in the listed gems bellow into tabula. There is a second way to level with this one with nothing build, you use smite and stack heralds. Do whichever you feel most comfortable with.

For people that are unfamiliar with "One with Nothing" cluster jewel; you want to stack all dex. So the idea is to go right for the bottom left cluster jewel node. This is obtained around level 12. Once you have that node and you allocate Hollow Palm, you go for all Dexterity nodes on the right some of the still tree. Only taking dex nodes and the nodes that lead to dex nodes. Cap resists and 30%+ MS to finish off your leveling build. ***HOLLOW PALM MEANS YOU CAN NOT USE ANY WEAPON, OFFHAND WEAPON OR GLOVES****

Current Standard Gear:

Mapping:
Cyclone builds shine with the use of explode mod chests. This will allow you to chain explode packs without having to hit every mob. This makes mapping very very smooth. (Since 3.14 explode chest was changed. It's still useful but not nearly as strong at preventing deaths from the dreaded porcupines) If you have the currency the biggest source of map clear speed is going to be Headhunter.

Spoiler

Try to run maps that are easy to navigate. Examples of good maps to run: Port, Alleyways, Burial Chambers, Caldera, Shore, Atoll, Canyon and Ramparts.

Current Expedition Gear:

Skill Tree:

https://pastebin.com/EvREDt7a

Gem Link Breakdown & Skill usage:

Spoiler
6L1: Dread Banner - Flesh and Stone - Pride - Blood And Sand - Precision(Rank10-12) - Enlighten Support

Explanation: This will be your main source of auras. Enlighten lvl 4 is required to get all 5 of these auras on due to high mana reservation cost.

6L2: Cyclone - Infused Channelling Support - Fortify Support - Awakened Brutality Support - Awakened Melee Physical Damage Support - Impale Support

Explanation: Main Cyclone link. none awakened versions of gems are fine. If you can not afford a 6L then cut brutality out until you can get a 6L.

4L1: Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Ancestral Protector - Multiple Totem Support - Maim Support

Explanation: Vaal Ancestral Warchief will give you a massive boost to damage for bossing. Same with Ancestral Protector. You will want to pop these on bosses only for the most part. Maim is taken to give extra damage during bosses. Multiple Totem Support is taken to allow for both totems and use Panopticon talent.

4L2: Second Wind Support - Blood Rage - Enduring Cry - Blood Magic Support

Explanation: Enduring Cry is married with blood magic and second wind to get two interactions. Second wind will reduce the cooldown of Enduring Cry by roughly 1.5 seconds. Blood Magic will allow us to use these enduring cry at the cost of health since we have such a limited mana pool. One common technique is to put Enduring Cry on your left click so it has a high uptime.

3L1: Leap Slam - Blood Magic Support - Faster Attacks Support - Berserk

Explanation: Leap Slam is going to be your main mobility skill. Married with Faster Attacks and Blood Magic we can zip around the map with no mana required. Berserk will grant you movement speed, more damage, less damage taken and more attack speed at the cost of rage. Since we are taking certain ascendency nodes, you want to only go bellow 25 rage sparingly because we don't want to get stunned.

*Additional Comments:
-Use an eternal mana flask to mitigate cyclone mana cost until you can get the warlord chest.
-I'm still working on how to get both flesh and stone and blood and sand in the build. I should have a solution with a pride reduction neck within the next week.

This was my first build guide so ways to improve are always welcomed. Whisper me in game or post a comment if you liked or disliked my guide/build. Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited by CramerTheGreat on Aug 2, 2021, 12:02:10 AM
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2021, 2:05:40 AM
any video?
"
xCzachaDymi wrote:
any video?

I'm currently working on a video for this build. I should have one up in a few days.
I would say a more in depth breakdown of the build would be a good way to improve the build as well as gem setups. for leveling and then for mapping? would make it a lot easier for newer players to understand the build and get it going themselves, such as myself, ill be giving this one a skip because i don't want to wonder if im doing the right thing since im also new, but it sounds like a bitch breaker of a build gj.
How do you craft a god tier fleshripper? I've been really confused in doing one because it seems really hard to actually achive it.

You start with a 6L fleshripper and merciless mod or dictator's. Then you have to attempt to fracture that mod and then reforge phys untill it get all the t1 physical mods?
Hey brother im curious what you grabbed for bandits and pantheons etc! Following this guide now it looks fun!
"
towerofeon wrote:
How do you craft a god tier fleshripper? I've been really confused in doing one because it seems really hard to actually achive it.

You start with a 6L fleshripper and merciless mod or dictator's. Then you have to attempt to fracture that mod and then reforge phys untill it get all the t1 physical mods?

Weapon Crafting Guide section will be added to the guide. Thanks!

"
SpitBlood wrote:
Hey brother im curious what you grabbed for bandits and pantheons etc! Following this guide now it looks fun!

Kill all bandits for skill points. You can choose to save them for the crit multi if you wish.

Pantheons are Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Ralakesh for my preferences. However you can choose which you like for your personal playstyle. I will also add this to the guide. Thanks!
Where you got a 3% mana for dread banner? i have -3% reduced mana . How i can get it 3%?

i got this build with shit armors and jewerlys for test and got t16 map + boss and i want to craft good armors and jewerlys but i can't understand where i can get this 3% reduced mana

my pob https://pastebin.com/CqaqAPpU
"
Roksonix wrote:
Where you got a 3% mana for dread banner? i have -3% reduced mana . How i can get it 3%?

i got this build with shit armors and jewerlys for test and got t16 map + boss and i want to craft good armors and jewerlys but i can't understand where i can get this 3% reduced mana

my pob https://pastebin.com/CqaqAPpU

I'm sorry I don't understand the question. So correct me if I am wrong, you are asking how you are able to run dread banner with your current setup; but do not have the mana reserve for it?

Answer: You need to de-level your precision. It currently is reserving 187 mana. That should reduce your mana reserve enough to get dread banner on.
thanks. What are the best modificators needed? for gear
and if i have spiked gloves without abyssal , which gem i can link 4?

and why we take modificator like phys damage to lighting damage?

and modify " critical strike multiplier if you shattered enemy recently is good for us?
Last edited by Roksonix on Aug 13, 2020, 12:05:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info