[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
MatveyTomilov wrote:
Hi, I have 3k Blade Vortex mana cost, why is this happening? after using it, mana cost grows to 26k

I'm guessing you were missing Sanctuary of Thought, and have since figured it out?
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Anoint Hardened Scars, and run an Enduring Hybrid Flask, which is actually decent value due to getting boosted by Indigon to provide tons of life recovery as well.

Why not Foreboding Hybrid Flask? Enduring has 3.5 sec duration and Foreboding has 5 sec duration, so more Fortify uptime. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by FedeS on Feb 28, 2021, 5:25:19 AM
"
FedeS wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Anoint Hardened Scars, and run an Enduring Hybrid Flask, which is actually decent value due to getting boosted by Indigon to provide tons of life recovery as well.

Why not Foreboding Hybrid Flask? Enduring has 3.5 sec duration and Foreboding has 5 sec duration, so more Fortify uptime. Thanks in advance.
The challenge with Forboding is the flask effect stops if you hit full life and mana. We're essentially on full mana all the time, so the instant your life globe fills up, the flask stops, and you lose Fortify.

Forboding *might* get around this with the "at the end of flask effect" bit? I've never tested in game.

I'd be awfully tempted to try to fit

Put together some skill using blood magic with a large mana cost to drain off 500-1000 life, then hit that pot.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 28, 2021, 4:41:27 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:

The challenge with Forboding is the flask effect stops if you hit full life and mana. We're essentially on full mana all the time, so the instant your life globe fills up, the flask stops, and you lose Fortify.

Forboding *might* get around this with the "at the end of flask effect" bit? I've never tested in game.

Fedes is correct. Foreboding does work, and is indeed the more popular way to use Hardened Scars. The downside of Foreboding is that the mana (and life) recovery is pretty much wasted since it happens instantly 5 secs later.

So you either use Enduring and get both Fortify and life + mana regen-like effect for 3.5s, or use Foreboding which is just purely Fortify in a flask for 5 secs. I'll update the guide with this info.
I've updated and expanded the Defensive Layers section to include Sigil of Power and freezing with anomalous archmage.

FWIW I was using all 4 of those layers on my HC char, and honestly, I think at the time it was in the top 3 strongest characters in all of Ritual HC.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Fedes is correct. Foreboding does work, and is indeed the more popular way to use Hardened Scars. The downside of Foreboding is that the mana (and life) recovery is pretty much wasted since it happens instantly 5 secs later.

So you either use Enduring and get both Fortify and life + mana regen-like effect for 3.5s, or use Foreboding which is just purely Fortify in a flask for 5 secs. I'll update the guide with this info.

Indeed. Thanks both for the inputs.

Although, in my understanding, the instant recovery of the flask is only for mana, not for life. So the 3400 life recovery from the Foreboding would be still there. Of course, maybe you mean the life recovery that comes from Indigon is wasted, which is true indeed. But in that case, only 940 life is wasted, since Foreboding recovers 940 mana.
Last edited by FedeS on Feb 28, 2021, 7:44:08 PM
Nope, the life recovery is wasted too. The flask just sees your life is currently full so the life recovery effect goes away. The Foreboding and Enduring prefixes both affect only mana recovery and additional flask effects, but not life recovery.

It is kinda unintuitive, but theres no way to get a true "Enduring Life Flask", apart from Indigon conversion. Otherwise Pathfinders would just run around with 6k life regen per sec with minimal investment, which is very broken (they still do, but it uses Indigon, see PF BV).
Last edited by RudyBaby on Feb 28, 2021, 7:59:47 PM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Nope, the life recovery is wasted too. The flask just sees your life is currently full so the life recovery effect goes away. The Foreboding and Enduring prefixes both affect only mana recovery and additional flask effects, but not life recovery.

It is kinda unintuitive, but theres no way to get a true "Enduring Life Flask", apart from Indigon conversion. Otherwise Pathfinders would just run around with 6k life regen per sec with minimal investment, which is very broken (they still do, but it uses Indigon, see PF BV).

Ohh I see. Foreboding stop the regen when on full life. Very cool info.
I've been digging quite a bit into the level 100 POB, and I can't for the life of me find any curse mitigation. Am I missing it entirely, or do curses just not matter at that level of char?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I've been digging quite a bit into the level 100 POB, and I can't for the life of me find any curse mitigation. Am I missing it entirely, or do curses just not matter at that level of char?

You definitely need curse immunity on flask. My final version was tuned for delve, where curses are very rare (only specific nodes and nemesis zones).
Last edited by RudyBaby on Feb 28, 2021, 11:04:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info