Harvest Statistics: Challenges and Seeds

"
Catharsis wrote:
I was gonna skip this league, gonna get 40/40 in a few days from just playing and it ended up being one of the most fun lol

Odd, seems like most of you have never played standard before.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Not enough loot to buy gear. Mapping was dull by comparison. 34 delirium fragment things with days and days played. Parts for seven morph things. A few oils, black top. Whatever happened to Alva, any t3+ map incursion thing kept killing me while I ran maps t9 with not too much struggle.
T11 when I quit, too much death. No more than 50-60 t9+ maps. VERY many lower maps. I had two exalted from maps and one from a random delve mob in a passage not in loot explosion.
Regular account has 13 challenges. It was just dull, dull.
I don't meta so I was not able to have fun.
Please adjust the max max to be less over the top overpowered. Balance so there's some fun available.
Noped out of this one, sorry. Yet I bought the new slots and gambled a few boxes and shopped another tab bundle and an extra portal I really liked and I feel like such a punter to expect balancing and qol garden fix and actual map loot after reporting there was none and all is my fault for being naive and having a job and paying through my nose for a new atlas that doesn't allow me to have a life and experience the game. Really jumping up in map tiers requires those map tiers to be available.

Kindly
The filthy casual paying punter

I get so angry just recalling this league. No more, caved in to my anger a week ago.
I'm always apprehensive when a new league is announced. I worry that I'm not going to enjoy it as much, which happened with Synthesis. I love this league! It has made crafting more accessible in my opinion. I'm not huge on crafting, I leave that to my hubby. But Harvest simplified crafting. So I don't see why there's so much hate.

Sure, it was a little tedious setting up the garden at first, but from an electrician perspective, it's actually not that difficult. I do wish that the tank storage was increased much sooner. That's probably my only gripe with the league really.

Even the Harvest boss wasn't too difficult to do.

I really do hope Harvest goes core. It's added such an interesting mechanic to the game.
For me, won't matter if Harvest is added to core or not. I've already switched my funding support to Eleventh Hour Games.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
The Harvest mechanic, while fine, never deserved to be a league. Now with Chris stating that, IF it goes core it will get nerfed, it may not be worth even wishing it to go core. Although mid tier crafting will still be fine, you can forget the mirror level gear for most people.

Essentially this league was Standard with a new crafting option and worse drop rates to try and force people to craft. Considering most people come to an Action RPG for well, action, not surprising that so many did not like it. I have played a little, but mainly just experimenting for future leagues.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Challenges felt great. My first ever lv. 100 and 40/40 league, I had so much fun! Never enjoyed a league so much that I felt motivated to do either.

Great work GGG!
I found one or two of the challenges to be way too RNG dependent.

For example the 5 essence one.
I have ran hundreds of red maps (did the harvest boss a couple of times, so must be at least 400+). I have seen a 4 essence monster once. And it didn't corrupt to 5. Am I missing something?

And finding a Dilerium boss AND having it possessed? Come on.

As for the Harvest Mechanic as a whole.
Definitely a step in the right direction as far as crafting goes. Except for the crafting bench itself all other previous options was click and pray. You either got lucky or you didn't. And most likely you didn't because of the weighting system making anything good really unlikely. With the Harvest crafts at least there is some method to the maddness.

So I for one hopes it make it to core.

The horti station mechanic can do with some work. But the controlled crafting method is good.
If it goes core it wil probably be like 10% chance to encounter it + same amount of seeds drops and needed cycles to grow them. And they will nerf the best crafts to be more rare. Soooo another mechanic down the shitter unless you play 20 hours a day.
What about online in this league compare to previous?
Hi,
I hit the 36 challenges yesterday and had a lot of fun so far.

Some of the challenges felt a bit bad, but they were ok/good overall.

The infused engineer orb on a diviner strongbox felt very bad. I needed very long to craft the orb in my garden and when i finally got it i didnt saw any diviner strongboxes. So i ran a long time with the orb in my pocket and used lot of chaos on the ambush zana mod.

The possessed Delirium boss was not good either. I was kinda lucky and got one but i had only 5 delirum orb drops and needed to use all on one map for one of the challenges. It worked with a gilded Torment scarab but had way to much rng for me.

I used my garden a lot and crafted 2 winged scarabs so far. I know that i can just buy all kinds from other players but it feels unnecessary to have a challenge like this.

I liked the challenge to kill the Shaper without getting hit because it seems to need skill and not rng. I normaly prefer very tanky builds so it doesnt matter if i get hit a bit by a boss so this one was really challenging for me and i needed a lot of trys. But it felt really rewarding to finally get it.

In general i like challenges with conditions on boss kills. Before i noticed in the wastepoool map that i get debuffs some times but didnt really cared about them. Its fun to learn the boss fight and then try to get it right with the challenge.

Overall i am really enjoying the league and hope the crafting mechanics go core.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info