[3.21] ❄️ Hopeshredder Frenzy ❄️ [1 to 60+ million SHAPER DPS]

"
HackFo wrote:
Hi, unless I'm missing something, wouldn't Divine Flesh be worth it? Especially considering your build has insanely low chaos resistance. Now I know because of that we'd probably have to sacrifice something in return for getting that chaos res up, but I can't help thinking that the higher resistance (you can get it close to 90% pretty easily) would help a ton in countering the degen.

Or is it perhaps just not worth it?

There's also that trick with Enduring Cry-Second Wind on left mouse click and the Call to Arms keystone with the accompanying Natural Authority cluster for 10-11 points depending on if you take all the warcry cooldown reduction. Since Enduring Cry becomes instant you will use it automatically when walking with 0 cast time. The degen only kicks in when you're moving and that's when you'll get the enduring cry regen, which is pretty substantial. You also get free endurance charges and 5% increased dmg taken + debilitation debuff on enemies. (10% less damage dealt and 20% less movespeed)

Now to make room though. Your cluster jewels take 12 points and don't do a whole lot. There's also better life over there, could potentially spec out of some of the bad ranger life nodes. You'd probably lose dmg though.

Crystal Skin and Survivalist surely must be worth it. Do you die a lot? Do you need 11 million shaper dps? At what point do you have enough damage? Perhaps never, lol

Or perhaps it could be good to spec into some of these things while gearing up. I think the enduring cry trick especially would do wonders. Then once you're approaching enough damage to ignore most mechanics you can spec out to get there. Idk

What do you think?

Never crossed my mind. There is no need to overcommit in order to do shenanigans likes that. Regen is only an issue while you're starting out, as long as enemies are present you will be at full HP most of the time.

I don't use any warcry gems in this build, perhaps if that's your thing you can do something with them.

No, i do not die a lot.

You can sacrifice and trade, personally i prefer the setup i use. You can drop dps to 4mil if you want, if you feel comfortable playing at that line. Play like you want to play. It sounds to me like you're more looking for a HC variant, lots of defense no deaths type of deal. If that's your style do that, test and see which works the best for you.
Last edited by angrytorres on Aug 20, 2020, 8:19:00 AM
Hey, thanks very much for posting this build guide. I'm going to be running this as a league starter so I've been testing in standard, came up with a few changes that I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on;

The winter spirit wheel gives you 40% phys to cold conversion and 40% increased cold damage for 3 points, this gives you essentially a lot of added cold damage with all the double-dipping you get (%more from frenzy charges, bow damage on tree etc). Seems pretty strong.

Similarly another excellent mod you could get on the watcher's eye is %phys to cold while affected by hatred. You probably want this in conjunction with added cold so it'll be expensive but it's a nice end-game optimisation.

If you do both of the above you can replace Oskarm with rare gloves that have 25% phys to cold for phys reflect maps (if you care enough about running them not to reroll or if you get them from Zana). Obviously you want to keep Oskarm for non-reflect maps.

Wind Dancer for 2 points is just too good not to take IMO. The biggest weakness with evasion builds like this is that if a big hit gets through the evasion it's going to take most if not all of your life pool - Wind Dancer helps a lot to prevent one-shots. It even works on degen effects!

The large cluster jewel doesn't give you that much, 30% increased effect of hatred and 10% cold pen is nice but if you don't want to spend the points or the currency taking the Force of Nature wheel gives you most of the damage back and gets you an extra life node in the Revenge of the Hunter Wheel.

Alira and Kill All both come out very close since we're very point starved - might be worth looking into.

EDIT: https://pastebin.com/tKnV8Dsg example level 100 build
Last edited by aastr on Sep 6, 2020, 12:02:38 PM
"
aastr wrote:
Hey, thanks very much for posting this build guide. I'm going to be running this as a league starter so I've been testing in standard, came up with a few changes that I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on;

The winter spirit wheel gives you 40% phys to cold conversion and 40% increased cold damage for 3 points, this gives you essentially a lot of added cold damage with all the double-dipping you get (%more from frenzy charges, bow damage on tree etc). Seems pretty strong.

Similarly another excellent mod you could get on the watcher's eye is %phys to cold while affected by hatred. You probably want this in conjunction with added cold so it'll be expensive but it's a nice end-game optimisation.

If you do both of the above you can replace Oskarm with rare gloves that have 25% phys to cold for phys reflect maps (if you care enough about running them not to reroll or if you get them from Zana). Obviously you want to keep Oskarm for non-reflect maps.

Wind Dancer for 2 points is just too good not to take IMO. The biggest weakness with evasion builds like this is that if a big hit gets through the evasion it's going to take most if not all of your life pool - Wind Dancer helps a lot to prevent one-shots. It even works on degen effects!

The large cluster jewel doesn't give you that much, 30% increased effect of hatred and 10% cold pen is nice but if you don't want to spend the points or the currency taking the Force of Nature wheel gives you most of the damage back and gets you an extra life node in the Revenge of the Hunter Wheel.

Alira and Kill All both come out very close since we're very point starved - might be worth looking into.

EDIT: https://pastebin.com/tKnV8Dsg example level 100 build

I agree with you about wind dancer, but I tried the rest of your suggestions in PoB and ended up with the same dps as my current setup but with 50 less int and 500 less hp.

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome though https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/amdilol/amdi_raider?i=15&search=class%3DRaider
If you're looking for more dps, I would try to change the amulet for triple multiplier (multiplier roll, allocate throatseeker and jorgin tier2 research gamble). Also, medium cluster jewel for another one with cold conduction (and if you got space for evil eye + wish for death one)
Just looking at this thread again and I feel that I really want your belt in Standard :D
Good build
"
Aistian wrote:
If you're looking for more dps, I would try to change the amulet for triple multiplier (multiplier roll, allocate throatseeker and jorgin tier2 research gamble). Also, medium cluster jewel for another one with cold conduction (and if you got space for evil eye + wish for death one)

good tips good tips thanks.

on a side note, I've corrupted over 150 hopeshredders trying to get a +1 arrows with 25 attack speed and they all bricked, really really really frustrating.
Last edited by amdilol on Oct 10, 2020, 6:54:16 PM
Also, try Frenzy + Barrage Support for a single target. I found it better than barrage, at least with 10 charges, plus the enchantment is cheap.
Voidfletcher +1 also helps with single target.
quick question, why are you not using voidfletcher and/or pandemonius since they both seem really strong for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info