[3.13] Wintertide Brand Occultist/Trickster | 8-9M Dot dps| Fast Clear | Detailed explanation

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
In Heist, Trickster or Occultist? On PoE Ninja it looks as though most go Occultist?

Occultist has higher end damage due to dual hex

Trickster has more avoidance and a better sustain with no reliance to cinderswallow
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
you still mention that you can get glancing blows with the thread of hope but you clearly can't anymore. DO you plan on updating this?
"
Wratho wrote:
you still mention that you can get glancing blows with the thread of hope but you clearly can't anymore. DO you plan on updating this?

Oh yes i forgot to update this. I wouldnt take glancing blow anymore with a nerf and the change. I will update this when i am free tomorrow
My Builds/Stream

I can't say if it's all that good or not yet, but it does red maps just fine; I am doing your occultist tree, but slightly different, pathing to Glancing Blows, and taking Arcane Guarding, also using a ES on block shield instead of Prism Guardian

One large cluster, 2 mediums, one Energy From Naught and a rare jewel
"
I can't say if it's all that good or not yet, but it does red maps just fine; I am doing your occultist tree, but slightly different, pathing to Glancing Blows, and taking Arcane Guarding, also using a ES on block shield instead of Prism Guardian

One large cluster, 2 mediums, one Energy From Naught and a rare jewel

Those are huge changes you made there, losing hatred and zealotry is quite a bit of damage multiplier gone. Might be more defensive though, but i dont really like running rime gaze and bated breath, too many uniques, makes capping res a pain in the ass
My Builds/Stream

Hi,

thanks for this nice build !

trying it right now.

i just wonder the utility of the 2 curses, because dots do not use resists if I remember well. But maybe I misunderstood (english is not my native langage).

I can understand the use of Frosbite for its chilling effect that is not guaranteed by the brand because of Elemental Focus, but what about Elemental Weakness that only lower resists ?

So I wonder why Despair that works on dots is not our prefered curse ?

I'm sure there is an explanation, but I did not find it... Could you explain a bit more ?

PS: I still do not have the belt craft "+144 ES regen", does anyone of you can craft it to me in Heist ?
Last edited by AaxFamily on Nov 2, 2020, 6:14:52 PM
"
AaxFamily wrote:
Hi,

thanks for this nice build !

trying it right now.

i just wonder the utility of the 2 curses, because dots do not use resists if I remember well. But maybe I misunderstood (english is not my native langage).

I can understand the use of Frosbite for its chilling effect that is not guaranteed by the brand because of Elemental Focus, but what about Elemental Weakness that only lower resists ?

So I wonder why Despair that works on dots is not our prefered curse ?

I'm sure there is an explanation, but I did not find it... Could you explain a bit more ?

PS: I still do not have the belt craft "+144 ES regen", does anyone of you can craft it to me in Heist ?

Curses reduces resist on the enemy, it affects dots because dot takes in account enemy resist as of the dot damage application

Elemental focus on wintertide brand does not matter, because elemental focus downside only applies on on hit elemental ailment effects

I chose curses based off how much dps it provides based off pob calculations
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
Curses reduces resist on the enemy, it affects dots because dot takes in account enemy resist as of the dot damage application

ok. My error. I misunderstood some posts I read where it seems that dots do not take resists into account.

for example this thread speaks of resistance penetration :
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration

And I noticed that Wise Oak flask does not work on your build.

So it seems that there is a subtile difference between resist and resist penetration that I do not understand... :-(

Anyway thx for the build. Lot of fun clearing T15-16 quick for the moment.
As I'm a slow player, I changed haste into clarity, so no more mana problem with a little dps and QOL loss. I also use a life flask that I pop at the same time as sorrow divine, so it's like a ES recovey flask. Much safer for me and my old reflexes ;-)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Nov 3, 2020, 3:55:31 AM
Another thing : first time that I make a low-life toon, and I noticed something very strange. First I thought it was a graphic bug. But low-life decreases light radius, so in dark indoor places, you hardly see anything. And same thing in labyrinth where I struggled with almost invisible traps... Not very convenient. I had to push my monitor luminosity all the way up. Any workaround to this problem, that I could be missing ?

EDIT: oh, I just found the "arcane vision" node. But you did not include it in your build. You have good eyes ;-)
Last edited by AaxFamily on Nov 3, 2020, 9:35:13 AM
"
AaxFamily wrote:
Another thing : first time that I make a low-life toon, and I noticed something very strange. First I thought it was a graphic bug. But low-life decreases light radius, so in dark indoor places, you hardly see anything. And same thing in labyrinth where I struggled with almost invisible traps... Not very convenient. I had to push my monitor luminosity all the way up. Any workaround to this problem, that I could be missing ?

EDIT: oh, I just found the "arcane vision" node. But you did not include it in your build. You have good eyes ;-)

Arcane vision is personal preference, you can take it if visibility is an issue
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info