[3.15] General's Cry Shield Charge/Shield Crush

No one plays this build anymore?
I recently got my GC shield charge zerker up to 6 link and I'm loving the build. But I see alot of people running similar but with an evasion/ES shield and a Seething Fury jewel. What is the upside of running a significantly lower evasion versus an armor based shield?
Last edited by lowbrow909 on Sep 23, 2021, 1:44:31 PM
I wanted to play this build in 3.16 but seeing Shield Crush getting nerfed I'm not sure anymore. Will it still be good enough?

Edit: Nvmd could still be fine with just some more investment, depending on how the general Armor buff effects the build. Also the Skill tree masteries could free up some War Cry nodes maybe?
Last edited by Firestorm666 on Oct 15, 2021, 7:01:38 AM
"
Firestorm666 wrote:
I wanted to play this build in 3.16 but seeing Shield Crush getting nerfed I'm not sure anymore. Will it still be good enough?

Edit: Nvmd could still be fine with just some more investment, depending on how the general Armor buff effects the build. Also the Skill tree masteries could free up some War Cry nodes maybe?

At least it's gonna be a low investment build to clear most of the content.
el Babo
"
Firestorm666 wrote:

The youtube videos on this build (I've seen three so far recommending it for 3.16) all say the damage is a little worse at first (so level with something else) and then when you get more levels and more eva/armo on your shield the damage is actually buffed. I am doing GC Shield Crush zerker myself.
"
Kastanj wrote:
"
Firestorm666 wrote:

The youtube videos on this build (I've seen three so far recommending it for 3.16) all say the damage is a little worse at first (so level with something else) and then when you get more levels and more eva/armo on your shield the damage is actually buffed. I am doing GC Shield Crush zerker myself.

Do you have any 3.16 PoB?
Well, it's a good build with the early investment of a Dark seer, a good shield and corpse walker. So league start was a pain in the ass. Yellow maps were nice. But the scourge mobs are so fucking overtuned that it feels so squishy to play. Just entered red maps and don't feel like playing more.
Hello boys, watcher 2 impale work with GC?
Hi guys, I played GC Shield Crush this league (though not followed this particular guide) and managed to get it to around 100m dps, allowing me to kill Feared 70 quant, insta-kill conqueriors and do some high-scourged maps.

I thought that since this guide was not updated, some of you may be interested in checking what this build could achieve in 3.16 - here is my pob https://pastebin.com/BGSn1EhA

All in all, I spent maybe 50-70 exalts. Played this build from the league start, and the most important part was always to have the best affordable shield possible.
Did you find that the utility of the two-toned boots was worth having to do a CwC setup to generate corpses? And if so, would you still recommend it over Corpsewalker if you were using the build primarily as a bosser, not as an all-rounder?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info