Regarding the CB > OB Character Wipe

A wipe is a must. They are fixing glitches and bugs and we're merely testing it out. Besides its only fair that everyone starts equally, and on a clean slate. If you feel like you might get bored, stop playing till OB. As for me, I already used all my orbs and experimented with all the classes. I'm not gonna play PoE anymore till OB. I already have the fundamentals on how to play and build my characters in the game. So I'm all for the WIPE. Play another game in the mean time until OB :).

Alan Wake and Batman Arkham City on PC will keep me busy.
I think some of the people have misunderstood what closed beta is for. It is NOT for leveling your char and getting to end game to gain advantage over other people. It is for testing the game aspects like reporting bugs if found (most likely cb phase game has bugs).

So keeping that in mind wipe is most common event after any closed beta. Open beta is different, I have seen companies doing wipes after OB when going to full release. In that case it could be debatable if the wipe is necessary.

Anyway, if you play CB expect to lose data. In path of exile atleast you keep some of your character data (name and stash tabs and the IM currency).

id say just give beta a legacy league . problem solved.
You can reach top levels in 1-2 nights, so if you not interested to see new features that will come with OB you just can rush trhough, that not a big deal.
"
iiss wrote:
"
williamuk wrote:
From what I understand everything except the character class and name will be wiped at the transition. Is their any way the developers will or can reconsider this?

I don't know about others in the community, please comment, but in my opinion the second beta keys started to be sold along with micro-transactions and the time until the open beta, its obvious hundreds if not thousands would of already reached what is end-game in closed beta and beyond. This seems unfair IMO towards those who have paid, yes, I know they were under the impression of it being closed beta and wipes will happen... but still.. its just losing everything they have built within them 2+ months, having to redo it all... we can always roll a secondary character for act 3, or just pick up where the story left off on our lvl 50 mains (2145 people according to the ladder another month and it will shoot up).

Regarding the economy argument, is it not better this way? prices are no longer sky-high and their wont be a major surge in prices when everyone scrambles for those precious items. This will be inevitable and last for months. It seems to me it will be more stable for a wipe not to occur.

I could ramble all day about this please tell me your thoughts about the pros and cons, IMO the instant beta keys were available to ANYONE with a few dollars, this is when open beta truly started.

/sign if you agree a wipe shouldn't occur

Wipe it all! What are you afriad of? We hc people lose our shit everyday anyway. Typical talk from a default noob that has fallen in love with his items.

Yeah, it's not like people play these games for different reasons. Why even have modes besides hardcore right? They're all just worthless pubby noobs right?

/s

Seriously, get a grip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info