[3.12] Remi's Penance Brand Trickster | Beginner friendly guide | Great Clear + Boss | All content

Hello everyone,

Wanted to get an idea of how to progress the build. My single dps seems not fantastic. The clear feels really good, but the t16 bosses are lackluster, not even conquerors.

I know I still need another shaper weapon and need to multimod the one I have, but otherwise I thought I was doing a decent job of following the guide. I also tend to get rolled over, even in heist. Really just looking for any advice. I don't have much currency at the moment either.

Thank you in advance.

POB: https://pastebin.com/KBNynQRS
"
chipawa wrote:
Hello everyone,

Wanted to get an idea of how to progress the build. My single dps seems not fantastic. The clear feels really good, but the t16 bosses are lackluster, not even conquerors.

I know I still need another shaper weapon and need to multimod the one I have, but otherwise I thought I was doing a decent job of following the guide. I also tend to get rolled over, even in heist. Really just looking for any advice. I don't have much currency at the moment either.

Thank you in advance.

You REALLY need to fully convert out your physical damage, currently you'd only have 75% phys convert, without that you lost like roughly quarter of your total damage.

Also chill is quite important, that's why I used vortex, because it kinda doubles you dps by just chilling on the enemy.

I think your abyss jewel needs a better one, for now the physical damage part does not work, you want "physical dmg to spells" for that.

21 penance brand is also a huge dps boost but I saw that you're already leveling a few

Make sure when you're bossing, vortex and wither totems are there, cus that's where you'd get a bunch of dps
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
chipawa wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.

You REALLY need to fully convert out your physical damage, currently you'd only have 75% phys convert, without that you lost like roughly quarter of your total damage.

Also chill is quite important, that's why I used vortex, because it kinda doubles you dps by just chilling on the enemy.

I think your abyss jewel needs a better one, for now the physical damage part does not work, you want "physical dmg to spells" for that.

21 penance brand is also a huge dps boost but I saw that you're already leveling a few

Make sure when you're bossing, vortex and wither totems are there, cus that's where you'd get a bunch of dps

Thank you for your help!

I am still trying to find the craft for gloves to finish the conversion. I go back and forth between putting vortex on my left click while moving and just spamming it. I seem to run out of mana either way unfortunately.

The glorious vanity I thought just had to be doryani for it to give the correct keystone.

Thanks again!
How is the survibality with this build?... I want to try 97 to 100 doing maps and kill sirus friends in the way, do temple and delve maximum 350 depth... what do you think about that?...
"
Vyr75 wrote:
How is the survibality with this build?... I want to try 97 to 100 doing maps and kill sirus friends in the way, do temple and delve maximum 350 depth... what do you think about that?...

delve would work, i tried it personally. Survivability isn't very great for a heads up. Vulnerable to one shots as we don't have max block / dodge shenanigans
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Very nice build.
i'm impressed at your video.

I am beginner.i don't understand whole of your concept.
can i ask some question?

I understand double dipping system.
but why do you choose penance brand as your main skill?
for example, if your main skill was storm brand, you could convert lightning damage into cold damage with call of the brotherhood.
and you could do lightning into fire damage with cold to fire support gem.

penance brand convert 50% physical damage into lightning damage.
i think rest of 50% is a waste.
Is this understanding mistake?
Please teach me!

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to say this is a great build. This is only my second season and second chr and I think I learned quite abit this season.

Was looking for some help on the build though. How can I increase my DPS and my survival? Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Here is my pastebin
https://pastebin.com/0vvZnkbc

Thanks guys!
Is any of the alternative quality Penance brand gems worth it? Obviously you generally just want lvl 21 one, but if you can get quality one on top of that, which one is the best?
Temporarily parked this build at lev 87 waiting for second call of brotherhood to drop.
I'd have to make 1 suggestion that is cannot be frozen on boots. Running without a warding flask is not smart, flask swapping for curse maps is cancerous, and 'of adrenaline' is too strong to give up
Last edited by Shankhook on Nov 2, 2020, 12:41:26 PM
"
hisashi723 wrote:
Very nice build.
i'm impressed at your video.

I am beginner.i don't understand whole of your concept.
can i ask some question?

I understand double dipping system.
but why do you choose penance brand as your main skill?
for example, if your main skill was storm brand, you could convert lightning damage into cold damage with call of the brotherhood.
and you could do lightning into fire damage with cold to fire support gem.

penance brand convert 50% physical damage into lightning damage.
i think rest of 50% is a waste.
Is this understanding mistake?
Please teach me!

i'll answer your comment since i didn't saw any anwser

the reason for penance brand is simple
if you understood double dipping conversion, basically, it make augment to lightning damage boost cold damage since it s converted, and then boost fire damage since it's converted another time, the reason why he use penance bra,d is because it just add phys damage into the mix, there is a base 50% phys (from the gem) that goes to lightning, and he convert the rest with tree and gears, wich mean that augmenting phys now also up your overall dps/average hit
(your idea of storm brand is not bad, it's just that with a phys conversion on top of it, you can then add other mods that can benefit the build, such as +1 physical gem or things like that)
and you thought that the rest of the 50% is a waste, but in fact, it's probably the most important part, since when you convert damage, the first damage you convert is the one that you get the most of, to explain better, lets say you have 100 physical damage, 100% convert for each element and 100% increase for each element:

100 phys convert to 100 lightning, wich get 100% increased so 200 lightning
then to cold wich make 400 cold, then to fire wich make 800 fire
if you had only 50% conversion from phys to lightning, you would have that :
100 phys become 50 lightning, with increase it makes 100 lightning, then 200 cold, and then 400 fire wich cut your damage by half in the end (you will also end up with 50 phys that serve no purpose)

TL;DR : the reason why he use penance is because the more damage type you convert, the more you can benefit
he convert phys to lightning because it's better than focusing on the last cold to fire conversion that is missing

also english not my first language

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info