[3.14] Bleedsplosion Bow Gladiator | League Starter | Beginner Friendly | Assailum

"
Yarik85 wrote:
Hi there.
I'm slowly downloading PoE again, and considering playing a bow build.
A bleed bow gladiator is one of my main possibilities. I see that OP is playing a Toxic Rain Trickster at the moment.

OP, or anyone else who's had experience with both builds, what would you recommend between the two these days, bleed bow glad, or toxic rain trickster (or pathfinder?).

Some background info to hopefully help you with a recommendation.

My internet right now is so-so, and I will probably not play TOO much this league, so not a whole lot of farming for me.

I am looking for a build that is hopefully able to run tier 16 maps without losing it's steam in t13-t14, and have to resort to expensive upgrades (due to loss of DPS or getting too squishy).

Also, I've mostly been running caster builds the last couple of leagues that I played, so I have no idea which one between a gladiator and a trickster has better survivability.

Basically, whatever you could advise/recommend would be greatly appreciated.

(as a point of reference, I was looking at a Vortex Occultist, but from the last few pages of comments, I see some people saying the build is squishy without very optimized gear, and that boss killing capability is kind of meh, again without fairly good gear. Basically, a similar story to the VD spellslinger was. Good mapping, horrible bossing unless you go from a 5ex budget up to a 30-40ex budget, if not more.

Granted, it might just be them, but I am hoping for a build that has a smooth progression, both in gear, dps, and survivability, without very big snags).

Sorry for such a wall of text.

I league started a vortex occultist and would generally agree with the assessment. Getting into yellow maps is super easy and cheap, once i got to red maps I needed a shav's to up the damage and then the map clear is fine. However doing sirus 8 takes to long for my skill level(you can look at my gear) but it can do all content on a cheap budget, I have not invested very much in it.

I'm also playing a PF toxic rain and it has been great. Leveling with quill rain and tabula was insanely fast. I invested more in this character with cluster jewels and Sirus 8 was doable but still kind of on the low end for DPS. Once I upgraded to the bow I have equipped end game bosses became much easier, almost trivialized. I also really like TR's ability to do any map mod.

To me Vortex has a lower barrier to entry but a lower ceiling, while Toxic rain has a higher entry but a much higher ceiling. These opinions are based on the gear choices I made and how much I invested in each character(can check my profile for my characters). So you may want to make your decision based on how much currency you'll be able to put into them.

I'm on this page because bleed bow is probably my next build, mainly because I haven't done one yet and also I expect it to be better at map clear than toxic rain, while expecting toxic rain will still be better for bossing.

Hope that helps

On another note I've been looking for bleed bows and was wondering if damage over time multiplier is a better/worse stat than damage with bleeding, if anyone has opinions on that.
I've done a bleed build whether it's bow or lacerate almost every league. Just letting you know I am using your build and love it. Thanks for the down-to-earth, simple dialogue and clear instructions. Too many builds have a lot of fluff. Show me the gem links and PoB and give me some leveling gear ideas. This guide has all of that and nothing more.

Thanks!
Hey, Thx for the build, i'm trying it and having fun. Just making some changes to fit more my playstile!

Would Crimson Dance be a good addition to the tree (im not using resolute tecnique nor Wind Dancer)?.

Why should i pick a 4% Physical Damage over time multiplier for jewels over a 20% Increased damage with bleeding?

Many Thanks for answers!
Hey, Thx for the build, i'm trying it and having fun. Just making some changes to fit more my playstile!

Would Crimson Dance be a good addition to the tree (im not using resolute tecnique nor Wind Dancer)?.

Why should i pick a 4% Physical Damage over time multiplier for jewels over a 20% Increased damage with bleeding?

Many Thanks for answers!

- Crimson dance kinda suck, stay without it.
- Damage over time multiplier is more superior then increased damage.
(look at poe wiki, or test it on path of building).
are the haemophilia gauntlets good in that build since they do an extra explosion and increased damage over time + extra damage on bleeding enemys or are they pointless?
why fork?

Edit: for haemophilia imho less duration on bleed is not good
Last edited by Beskaius on Feb 28, 2021, 3:52:45 AM
Your passives "Cleaving" (axe attack modifier) cannot working. Lioneye's does not interact with "Cleaving".
В поисках золотого времени
hey, just wanna say thanks for the guide is very good.

now I have a small question, if I wanna go for rain of arrows instead of split arrow what gems you recomend

Hi guys, I have a question considering the most optimal Medium Cluster Jewel setup.
when I use 2 jewels with Rend and Vivid Hues each, my PoB (I have fork expansion) shows 128,337,541 Combined Total Damage.

when I equip 2 jewels with Rend and Wasting Affliction each, PoB shows only
120,257,142 Combined Total Damage. it's 8 million less!

however, jewel with Rend and Vivid Hues costs about 1ex,
but jewel with Rend and Wasting Affliction costs about 10ex.

why Rend and Wasting Affliction is more expensive? does it provide some hidden DPS boost the PoB doesn't show?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info