[3.11] Penance Brand Elementalist | Up to A8 cleared | Huge explosions+Fast Clear | 6M DMG explosion

"
cjbender wrote:
Hey is there any chance you could take a look at my guy? Tell me where I can get more damage? I don't have nearly the damage you do. I still have a megalomaniac medium cluster that i snagged.... it has empowered envoy, heraldry, special reserve on it. And a watcher's eye with 18% physical damage as extra lightning damage while affected by wrath. The second mod is 112% increased critical strike chance against enemies on consecrated ground while affected by zealotry.

I have about 18 ex left that I could spend to get more damage. :D

Theres a few things even if you have what i have, its unoptimized

Firstly, cinderswallow, 1% es on kill as supposed to 3% es on kill roll, this is bascially self nerfing yourself by 67% on your sustain, this is very substantial in mapping

secondly, Amulet needs 20 tempered/fertile catalysts for more ES

Third, you dont have anti curse nor anti freeze, this is extremely dangerous

Mainly because you are level 83, you shouldnt expect to deal as much damage as i am at level 96

Your dps mainly are taking a hit because you are on the intensify support tree, use my latest tree as a guide to follow towards, because i find my current set up much much more consistent than running intensify

I would suggest reading the part where i typed in a wall of text on how to scale penance brand and the break point on trigger frequency/speed, thats 1 of the most important factor when it comes to scaling this build
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:
"
cjbender wrote:
Hey is there any chance you could take a look at my guy? Tell me where I can get more damage? I don't have nearly the damage you do. I still have a megalomaniac medium cluster that i snagged.... it has empowered envoy, heraldry, special reserve on it. And a watcher's eye with 18% physical damage as extra lightning damage while affected by wrath. The second mod is 112% increased critical strike chance against enemies on consecrated ground while affected by zealotry.

Firstly, cinderswallow, 1% es on kill as supposed to 3% es on kill roll, this is bascially self nerfing yourself by 67% on your sustain, this is very substantial in mapping

Mainly because you are level 83, you shouldnt expect to deal as much damage as i am at level 96

Your dps mainly are taking a hit because you are on the intensify support tree, use my latest tree as a guide to follow towards, because i find my current set up much much more consistent than running intensify

I would suggest reading the part where i typed in a wall of text on how to scale penance brand and the break point on trigger frequency/speed, thats 1 of the most important factor when it comes to scaling this build

Interesting, I was following the pob that you posted. Is there a new one posted somewhere else?

So do you not suggest taking many cluster jewels anymore? And I read your guide on how to scale penance brand, but you don't give any suggestions. Do we want faster casting on items? Or do we want none? I thought in your explanation you said if you follow your tree you will have the correct cast speed for your current setup. Also if you increase your cast speed does that not increase the speed of which brand charges and you wont get anywhere near 20 for the explosion? Or am I completely wrong haha

Is it possible just to take out inspiration and put in the correct new gems you are running?
Last edited by cjbender on Jul 10, 2020, 11:56:45 AM
"
cjbender wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:
"
cjbender wrote:

Interesting, I was following the pob that you posted. Is there a new one posted somewhere else?

So do you not suggest taking many cluster jewels anymore? And I read your guide on how to scale penance brand, but you don't give any suggestions. Do we want faster casting on items? Or do we want none? I thought in your explanation you said if you follow your tree you will have the correct cast speed for your current setup. Also if you increase your cast speed does that not increase the speed of which brand charges and you wont get anywhere near 20 for the explosion? Or am I completely wrong haha

Is it possible just to take out inspiration and put in the correct new gems you are running?

I was constant updating the guide as i was keeping it up for the past week because min maxing was still in the way. As of now, the pob i have there on my current set up would be the most ideal one i feel and is smooth to play

As for cast speed, you have to calculate the breakpoints of cast speed you need to get an additional energy stack before the detonation on 1.36 seconds. 7.35 activation rate is the golden number to chase for to hit 10 stacks of energy before a detonation

Cluster jewels means we lose cast speed, because we cant go for Harrier and a few other jewel slot for the obscene amount of cast speed we can get in a jewel slot
My Builds/Stream

Ahhh I see, interesting.
Now that I've got everything up and running build feels great. Got from 88 to 93 without a death, crush T16 maps, and got an A5 Sirus deathless kill which is a big feat for me because I usually am weak at bosses.

However, I seem to have found my Achilles Heel this afternoon. Proximity Shields. I hit a map where like every pack had proxy shields all over the place and took 4 deaths to it because I just couldn't get them all to die before I ran out of flasks and eventually got popped by something.

Then I took two more deaths at the end of the map when the metamorph also hopped on a proxy shield.

Any thoughts on playstyle around that? I'm trying to time running in when brand is about to pop but it's tricky and feels super risky, especially with particularly troublesome mob types.

Side question - how good is Bottled Faith really? I've never owned one, and I can currently afford it. Is it really worth the big price tag?
Last edited by hfxRos on Jul 11, 2020, 12:44:06 AM
EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized how Nebulis worked.

Would Nebulis be a good unique to use as well? we seem to have quite a lot of overcapped resists for cold and lightning. However we do lose the tacati's mod. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by ravvr on Jul 11, 2020, 6:28:13 AM
"
hfxRos wrote:
Now that I've got everything up and running build feels great. Got from 88 to 93 without a death, crush T16 maps, and got an A5 Sirus deathless kill which is a big feat for me because I usually am weak at bosses.

However, I seem to have found my Achilles Heel this afternoon. Proximity Shields. I hit a map where like every pack had proxy shields all over the place and took 4 deaths to it because I just couldn't get them all to die before I ran out of flasks and eventually got popped by something.

Then I took two more deaths at the end of the map when the metamorph also hopped on a proxy shield.

Any thoughts on playstyle around that? I'm trying to time running in when brand is about to pop but it's tricky and feels super risky, especially with particularly troublesome mob types.

Side question - how good is Bottled Faith really? I've never owned one, and I can currently afford it. Is it really worth the big price tag?

Proximity shield is truly our bane, the only way to counter it is to tag the brand, then run in when it explodes, timing has to be impeccable here.

Bottled faith is a king of all flask, gives you dps for every single possible attack/spell builds ever(not sure about minions i dont touch them)
Its cheap this league, 8ex

"
ravvr wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized how Nebulis worked.

Would Nebulis be a good unique to use as well? we seem to have quite a lot of overcapped resists for cold and lightning. However we do lose the tacati's mod. What are your thoughts on this?

Nebulis nope, just go for the tacati wands/sceptres with +1
My Builds/Stream

I have a question how do u sustain ur energy shield i cant find any source of life leech/es leech or energy shield regeneration
"
Blueblacklion wrote:
I have a question how do u sustain ur energy shield i cant find any source of life leech/es leech or energy shield regeneration

Soul thief to the right
My Builds/Stream

Finished the build for the most part. Build is very good all around with great survivability, clear, single target. Also with MTX's it is a visual delight. Killed 83 Mastermind, Shaper, Elder Uber Elder, A8 Conqs & Sirus all with ease. Most of the rare gear was self-crafted using Harvest. Min max would probably be getting culling strike on gloves with awakened curse on hit and another curse. Thanks for the awesome build guide!
IGN: Titania_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info